Nu Me Hair Tools

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So did anyone else redeem the NuMe gift certificate in the Feb MyGlam? 

I did and I just got my shipping notice.

I did too and got the black and white zebra hair dryer. I can't believe how expensive these items are but I needed a new dryer and planned on spending around $50 anyway - so when I got this certificate and saw the price would be $77 - I decided why not. Hopefully it's worth it. I actually never heard of this brand before

I'm really on the fence. I need a flat iron badly but I will probably just end up getting a Remington one from Walmart lol. I know I won't be using it often enough to justify spending $50+ on it.

I went with the mini as well. I've never worked with one and the cheapest I was finding was $20 anyways so decided to just go for it. 

Worse case, if it breaks, I can learn how to manipulate it in my hair without burning myself! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went with the mini as well. I've never worked with one and the cheapest I was finding was $20 anyways so decided to just go for it. 

Worse case, if it breaks, I can learn how to manipulate it in my hair without burning myself! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You pretty much summed up my thinking on it. I am one of the few ladies that doesn't have a flat iron. I figured if I don't like it at least I can use it to de-pot eyeshadows! After shipping mine was $27 that's about what I'd pay in the store for a cheapo version.

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You pretty much summed up my thinking on it. I am one of the few ladies that doesn't have a flat iron. I figured if I don't like it at least I can use it to depot eyesshadows! After shipping mine was $27 that's about what I'd pay in the store for a cheapo version.

Oh hey, depotting is a great idea too! I saw someone do that on a video awhile back.

Mine just shipped! Should be in tomorrow! Hopefully before I leave for the weekend! 

So what are some products people recommend when using a flat iron? I've heard a light coat of hair spray is base product but Ive also heard about a heat protector?

I realllly recommend It's a 10! Miracle leave in conditioner. It has a heat protectant in it, along with a lot of other good things for hair. I used to use it every day, whether I was flat ironing or leaving my hair curly. 

Just got my shipment in - which was a suprise considering I just got the shipment notification e-mail this morning and it said it was in Los angeles, and I'm in the Central Valley, CA. I got the black and white zebra hairdryer. Well I haven't turned it on because I'm at work - BUT my first impression of it isn't that great. It was smaller than I thought it would be and the zebra design is messed up in a few places. Which isn't a big deal but if I had my $30 Revlon Walmart dryer next to it - I would say the Revlon seems more heavy duty and better looking. And again that doesn't matter compared to how it works- so I will see when I get home. Still, sitting here looking at it - I can't believe it was almost $200

It's a 10! - so far some of the best stuff I have bought for my hair in my entire life!! Has really helped my hair - been trying to get my hair healthier for a year and I've been using this stuff for about half a year - and I don't have any splits ends for once in my life!!! Go get this stuff now!!

Quote: Originally Posted by jewele /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my shipment in - which was a suprise considering I just got the shipment notification e-mail this morning and it said it was in Los angeles, and I'm in the Central Valley, CA. I got the black and white zebra hairdryer. Well I haven't turned it on because I'm at work - BUT my first impression of it isn't that great. It was smaller than I thought it would be and the zebra design is messed up in a few places. Which isn't a big deal but if I had my $30 Revlon Walmart dryer next to it - I would say the Revlon seems more heavy duty and better looking. And again that doesn't matter compared to how it works- so I will see when I get home. Still, sitting here looking at it - I can't believe it was almost $200

It's a 10! - so far some of the best stuff I have bought for my hair in my entire life!! Has really helped my hair - been trying to get my hair healthier for a year and I've been using this stuff for about half a year - and I don't have any splits ends for once in my life!!! Go get this stuff now!!
Yeah, I was afraid that was going to be the case, given where it was coming from.

I got my mini flat iron today.  I think calling this "mini" is a bit generous.  Barbie sized is more like it. This might work if you don't have that much hair or if it's not really long (neither of which applies to me). So it's to plan B... depotting eyeshadow.

I got my mini flat iron today.  I think calling this "mini" is a bit generous.  Barbie sized is more like it. This might work if you don't have that much hair or if it's not really long (neither of which applies to me). So it's to plan B... depotting eyeshadow.

Do you think it would be a good one to learn from? Or does the size not really lend itself to that?

Glad I didn't use my card yet after reading these posts. Looks like I won't be using it after all. That really blows that MyGlam sent out 'gift cards' like that for products that are such a rip off. Didn't they even check out the bloody goods themselves before trying to promote them to us? I thought I was gonna give them another 2 months, but it's looking more and more like I'm gonna be cancelling much sooner than planned. I signed up for the Look Bag anyways, and so far they are far better than MyGlam. No BS with them, good products worth far more than $10, and no waiting for overhyped bags that just wind up being mostly full of crap. I also got my first bag approximately a week after signing up with them. I didn't even expect to get one til March!

Can you take a picture of it next to something or in your hand for scale?  I'm not seeing the dimensions on the website.  You'd think they'd post that.  Someone said it was "purse size."

if anyone bought the mini flatiron, and wouldnt mind taking a pic of it next to a dollar bill, i would really appreciate it, so i can get an idea of its size? just curious as to HOW mini this thing is..   thanks!.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I took some pictures of it last night.  I'll try to post them. I may attempt to use it this weekend just to see.  I have a LOT of hair though. I may get too tired and give up.

Hard to gauge size in the picture so I measured it.   

5 1/2" L x 3/4"W (rounding u slightly) 

The actual heating element part is 2 1/2" x 1/2" (again rounding UP!)

That is super tiny!! I'm glad I didn't order one. I'm in the market for a new straightener, but I think I'll pick up one from Target instead.

Latest posts

Back