NutriSystem update

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have lost 30 lbs. now on NS. YAY! (I started April 10.) I have been slacking off on my veggies and haven't lost anything for a week...boy when you cheat it shows. Haven't gained any, but I have lost my momentum. I need to make sure I am getting all my veggie servings, and also drinking more water. Hopefully that will get me through this little glitch. I have a long way to go still.
icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a little depressing, because I've only gone down ONE clothing size, and my face looks as chubby as ever. I feel better though, and that's what counts I suppose. My knees and ankles hurt a lot less, so I feel ready to start exercising. I just moved and I now live a block away from a beautiful scenic lake in the center of town. It's got tons of walking trails. I have a Gazelle exercise thing, but my new place is smaller so I left it at my dad's for now. Don't know where to put the darn thing. I like to use it in front of the TV but no way is there room in my livingroon. Grrr...

Oh, I'd like to mention that if anyone is interested in trying NS I can email you a $15 coupon good on your first order.
biggrin.gif

Great Job, i am trying to lose weight and its tough cause i love to eat,especially out!Hope your progress keeps staying strong!!!!
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Beckycmu Congratulations on your hard work and success.
Welcome to mut Beckycmu,im Gwendolyn from NY.If you need any help or have any questions,please feel free to pm myself or any other mod
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Jessica, that's great to hear! Congrats and I'm sure you'll see more results soon enough. I've never heard of NutriSystem. Where can I find out more about it?

Ok, I'm looking into this.

Questions:

-with certain things, do you eat them alone, or do you eat them with other things?

-can you get the food at other places or do you have to get them from the website?

Thats great Jess! Proud of you!
claps.gif
Once you start losing weight - the rest will just seem to disappear after your body adjusts to the new change. Rock on Girl!!!

And Welcome Becky!!! Glad to have you join us!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi and thanks Beckycmu! Welcome to MuT
biggrin.gif
Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

NS itself has been around forever, they have centers around the country like Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. I saw an infomercial for NS and went to their website to sign up (after I thought about it for a month!) They also have regular short TV commercials. This NS is a different plan than the one they used to promote; this one is low-glycemic. Good carbs and fats instead of no carbs or fats. From what I hear it's very similar to South Beach diet. It's supposed to keep insulin levels from soaring then crashing, and rev up the metabolism.

Liz, as far as the food, you can certainly do the plan without purchasing their food. On the website, there's even a support message board for those who are doing the plan without the NS food. They give recipes and ideas. I have to use their food because I don't have time to cook and I don't want to have to figure stuff out. I'm extremely lazy and easily overwhelmed! If you're interested, you can find all sorts of NS food on eBay. I even sold some of mine on there, because the company sent me some that I didn't like. Of course the usual precautions and headaches of eBay do apply! If you use their food, you use it as the main part of the meal but add your own food to complete the meal. Like for breakfast you have your NS granola. You put your own nonfat milk on it, some fruit, and a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter, and coffee. The granola doesn't sound like much but all the NS food is packed with protein. For instance, the dessert bars and pretzels, that type of snacky stuff, has like 13 grams of protein in them, in a tiny serving. Even the hot cocoa mix has a huge amount of protein in it; I don't know how they do that! Lunch would be your NS chili, then you put some of your own reduced-fat cheese on it, add a big green salad with r-f dressing, and a wheat roll, and a diet soda. NS only provides 1 snack/dessert per day so you make your own snacks if you get hungry, like a hard-boiled egg or fruit. I eat when I feel hunger coming on, no matter what my meal plan says. I just make sure it's not junk food. So I might have breakfast, 2 small snacks 2 hours apart, lunch, 2 more small snacks 2 hours apart, dinner, and dessert. That's not strictly NS's ways but it works for me. The actual plan is too restrictive IMO...besides meals, only 1 snack mid morning, and dessert. I would die if that's all I was eating. But I do have a lot of weight to lose. I can probably afford a few more calories than someone who only wanted to lose 25 lbs.

HTH!
biggrin.gif

thanks jessica for the info.

i was looking at the portions and was like, I can't live on that! lol.

Back