NYX Cosmetics Face Awards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

the Face awards National Beauty Vloggers of the Year on Youtube
From NYX Cosmetic's Face Awards page. NYX Cosmetics is proud to present the Fine Artistry of Cosmetic Elites (FACE) Awards. Over the years, we have seen the beauty vlogger community grow into one of the most robust, energetic communities on Youtube and across the web. We wanted to create an event that gives back to this community and rewards them for their passion and creativity. The FACE Awards allows us to shed a spotlight on the up and coming beauty vloggers, and unite the community behind a single annual event.

Beyond the $25,000 cash prize for the winner, we’re hoping to help launch a promising career in the beauty industry. That includes access to influential insiders, consultations with top industry experts, and national publicity. Most importantly, we’re relying on the beauty community to select their 6 favorite beauty gurus to compete for the top prize. The 5 runners up will each receive a year’s supply of NYX Cosmetics for reaching the finals, but there can only be one National Beauty Vlogger of the Year.

Perez Hilton will be this year's Emcee!

Here's more info on YouTube featuring our favorite vlogger Pursebuzz - Elessa Jade! The deadline to enter has passed and the six finalists are currently in LA getting ready for IMATS this weekend.

The six finalists are: beautyliciousinsider
Promuanetwork
iwanted2c1video
Goldiestarling
Charismastar
sabsbeauty

Here are the playlists of the challenges they had to participate in to make it to the next round:

Challenge 1: The Awesome 80's

Challenge 2: Tim Burton Inspired

Challenge 3: Fairies & Fantasy

Don't forget to check out the Top 6 page for individual videos.

One lucky winner will receive:

1. A personal consultation with Cloutier Remix's top beauty expert
  2. A one-on-one training session with a celebrity makeup artist
  3. A product development session with NYX's founder Toni Ko
  4. An opportunity to be NYX's video makeup artist for 2012
  5. $25,000!!!

We'll be at the awards on Sunday afternoon so stay tuned for more info as we get it in California!

[SIZE=12pt]NYX Cosmetics Best Beauty Blogger of the Year![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]By Yasmin K. aka Zadidoll[/SIZE]

NYX Cosmetics hosted their first annual Fine Artistry of Cosmetics Elites (FACE) Awards at the Pasadena Convention Center on Sunday, June 24, 2012 during the International Make Up Artist Trade Show (IMATS). Toni Ko, owner and founder of NYX Cosmetics “wanted to say thank you to the YouTube community for expanding a whole new way to do makeup, by introducing new trends, products, and colors to the public, and showing it's support to NYX and the entire makeup industry."

The NYX Face Awards began looking for the best beauty bloggers earlier this year with submissions accepted by NYX on March 6, 2012 with the Top 30 then voted on by the internet community. Each round challenged each with a new theme and the Top finalists of each round moved onto the next narrowing down the competition from 30 to 20 to 12 then to the Final 6 who were then flown to Los Angeles the week before IMATS to meet and work with NYX professional team of models and stylists for the IMATS runway show event.

The winner was chosen from a panel of judges including Toni Ko (owner and found of NYX Cosmetics, Nils Johnson (founder of Beautylish), Tim Lusher (General Manager of Westin Pasadena), Scott Barnes (celebrity Make Up Artist) and Michael Cain (Director of Education at Macadamia Natural Oil). The criteria the judges used to pick the winner included:

• 20% Creativity of the look
  • 20% Presentation/Educational value of the tutorial
  • 20% Artistry in makeup application
  • 20% Quality of the video production
  • 20% Influence within Youtube voters/likes
[SIZE=12pt]​[/SIZE]

The winner, CharismaStar (Charis Amber Lincoln), received a $25,000 cash prize along with $1,000 USD (MSRP) worth of NYX cosmetics products as well as a consultation with Madeline Leonard, or agent from Los Angeles’ agency, Cloutier Remix. One-on-one day of training with celebrity makeup artist Scott Barnes. Her videos will be posted on the NYX Cosmetics website and YouTube page for a year and she will attend local events and speak for the brand on social media outlets. Charis also will be working with Toni Ko on product development and have the chance to make suggestions for development of an exclusive new product for NYX Cosmetics. And if that’s not all, she also received a three two-night weekend stay certificates with breakfast provided by the Westin Pasadena.

Charis’ inspiration for the NYX Face Awards, “I want to make a positive impact in the media. I think in this world there is so much darkness and so much hopelessness that I want to brighten it up with my makeup and my passion and my art so that’s my inspiration.â€

Each runner up also received an award and $1,000 USD (MSRP) worth of NYX Cosmetics as well as award that they did best in.

Chelsea, beautyliciousinsider – Illuminative Award

Bethany, iwanted2c1video - Kinetic Award

Sabrina, sabsbeauty – Composition Award

Lisa Her, Promuanetwork - Innovation Award

Angela, goldiestarling – Technique Award

Chelsea was the youngest of the competitors at the age of 14. When asked what inspired her she said, “I always wanted to be a makeup artist and I was like ‘wow’ this opportunity to really seize the moment was my inspiration for this entire contest.â€

Bethany began her YouTube channel six years ago simply to watch one video but two years later she began creating her own video. Her inspiration was, “by makeup artists who think outside the box.â€

Lisa Her is a professional makeup artist. Her inspiration for the NYX Face Awards was to “win this competition. Winning is so important to me because it would give me a chance to meet celebrities stylists, celebrity makeup artists, designers.â€

The next youngest contestant, Sabrina, at the ripe old age of 16 began her YouTube career at the age of 14. Her inspiration was the NYX products and said, “Every time I opened a package from NYX I couldn't wait to use them to create my looks.â€

Angela has a bachelor’s degree in fine arts and aspires to attend school for special effects makeup school. Her inspiration was “My subscribers. You guys are amazing. You pushed me throughout this contest and to believe in myself.â€

Congratulations to Charis Lincoln on winning the first annual NYX FACE Awards and congratulation to all the contestants on creating such fabulous looks throughout the completion. Every single one of you did an amazing job!

Ah, I wish I could've entered this contest. Was it open to everyone? Never mind, don't answer that, cause if it was, I'm gonna be pissed . . . :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's always next year. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This was the 1st annual contest. Enter next year which maybe in six months since IMATS LA is then or they might move it to IMATS NYC. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back