NYX: Dark Shadows "The Crimson Amulet Collection"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know there's an eyeliner in there. How is that? 
I'm not sure, I haven't tested it out. Remind me to post about it this weekend and I'll test it out tomorrow.

Aww, too bad about the fall out, they looked so promising, and I know that NYX's singles have good quality. I guess dabbing some of the powder off before applying would be fine?

Yes, if you tap your brush or applicator before applying then it should be fine when it comes to the fall out. The colors are buildable so that's a plus.

My sister got this last night and brought it over today for me to take pictures of.  I love it! I ordered right after she left.  I love the colors and I've been on a NYX kick lately.  Plus as a makeup and Tim Burton fangirl I had to have it. ​
 ​

I haven't gotten to use them yet.  Hopefully I'll have my own to play with soon.  I ordered it this morning.  I've been wearing NYX shadows all week from a smaller NYX palette and I do get a lot of fall out.  I like the colors and the price though.  I've had good luck blending them as well. 

I was asked about the eyeliner... the other item isn't mascara after all but rather eye primer which is nice. The eyeliner on the other hand burned my skin.

I had that HD primer in fullsize, it's not outstanding but decent enough, it keeps the fading of my eyeshadow to the minimum after 6-8 hours

I ended up returning the palette to Ulta yesterday. As much as I liked the blushes and highlighter I wasn't impressed with the shadows and I hated the eyeliner so spending $27.06 (cost after tax) was pointless. I used part of the money ($11.35 after tax) on two Real Techinque brushes then went to Walgreens and bought some Sinful Color nail polishes for 99 cents plus a Wet 'n' Wild set... it came to $10.75 on that.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up returning the palette to Ulta yesterday. As much as I liked the blushes and highlighter I wasn't impressed with the shadows and I hated the eyeliner so spending $27.06 (cost after tax) was pointless. I used part of the money ($11.35 after tax) on two Real Techinque brushes then went to Walgreens and bought some Sinful Color nail polishes for 99 cents plus a Wet 'n' Wild set... it came to $10.75 on that.
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you! I'm not going to bother to purchase this one, even though I do like the look of the blushes. I hope you enjoy your new purchases - I like Sinful Colors!

<<I was asked about the eyeliner... the other item isn't mascara after all but rather eye primer which is nice. The eyeliner on the other hand burned my skin.>>​

Oh, no! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's horrible, Zadidoll! It didn't bother me. I wonder what happened there? 

Not sure. As soon as I applied the liner my skin sizzled... I only got that type of reaction with my Sephora glitter liners.

I'M not liking any of those colours at all...kinda blah...all neutrals which I already have tons of. FAIL.

Back