NYX: Dark Shadows "The Crimson Amulet Collection"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 ​
 ​
Where to buy:​
NYX Cosmetics ($25)​
Ulta ($24.99)​
 ​

The colors in the final swatch are faint. While the colors are creamy the fact is these shadows have a great deal of fall out while with the lighter colors you'll need to build on. I didn't have a chance to swatch the blushes (today is rainy and gray) but the blushes are well pigmented, Is it worth the $24.99? I'm on the fence. ALL of the colors have fall out - some worse than others - but some of the colors (the orange) are gorgeous as are the blushes and illuminator.

That looks like such an awesome palette! I really want to see that movie as well! I need to check that palette out! (I wish NYX was more accessible in Canada)

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see your thoughts and swatches about them.

Ohhh! I SO don't regret buying that palette now. That is the most perfect palette I've seen to date. I love how it has just about everything I would need for touch-ups. I can't

believe it even has eyeliner! Sweet! Gorgeous, vibrant colors, too! I took a bit of a chance, though, since I've only really tried NYX's glitter roll-on eye shadow from my glam

bag. I thought it was pretty nice. 

Thank you so much for posting those pictures!! Now I truly know what to expect when I get it. SO thrilled!!

Btw, I'm new here but couldn't resist posting to this thread. The 1966 and 1991 Dark Shadows are my absolute favorites!! <3 <3 I hope the movie doesn't disappoint! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ~DJ

That is a gorgeous palette! I love all of the brown/gray shadows, and the blushes look great too. I'd love to see swatches of this palette.

The palette design is awesome, but Im not impressed with the layout inside.  Reminds me of an ELF palette.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but for a mid price palette, I expect a little more.  Will have to check it out in person.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Where to buy:​
NYX Cosmetics ($25)​
Ulta ($24.99)​
Thanks Zadi for posting this, Id love to see some swatches if anyone has it.

I'm pretty sure I saw Dr. Hoffman wearing the pale pink color in the trailer. It's CUTE! I'm getting all four. What can I say? I'm obsessed with makeup. Especially

when it's devoted to my favorite fandoms. *giggles* 

It really looks like they've provided everything we could possibly need to reproduce some fabulous looks from

the movie/series. Well, everything but the false lashes the girls in the original so loved to wear. But myglam has the false lashes covered this month. *hehe* 

That's okay, Hollie! Dark Shadows was a gothic soap opera that ran from 1966-1971. It was actually really dramatic, sad, hauntingly romantic and beautiful. Tim Burton has taken

it upon himself to recreate it in his own style. I believe his film revision is set to be a parody of sorts. It's due to hit theaters sometime in May. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

That is is! Both the '66 and '91 versions are on netflix and hulu. The original had over 1000 episodes. If you'd like to familiarize yourself with the series, 

The Revival (from '91) is your best bet, as it sums up the most important aspects of the series in just 12 episodes. Plus it's gorgeous. I love the costumes

and sets. 

The Revival is anathema to me, since I grew up watching the original every afternoon. Cheesy, yes, but fascinating!

Hollie, by all means enjoy!! Please come back here and tell us what you think. You can even pm me, if you like. I adore the show! It's actually how I met my husband, but that's a bit of a long story. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> <3

Has anyone else ordered this palette?? I'm thrilled to say that mine should be here by Wednesday! 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've added the shadow swatches.

Thanks! I see what you mean about some of the colors being faint. It's disappointing to hear that they all have fall out as well, but I do like the orange and the purple right next to it.

Latest posts

Back