NYX in singapore. im so pissed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
as most of you may know, we dont have a lot of brands in singapore. so i usually have to beg someone to do a cp for me
smile.gif

so i went out just now and saw a small booth in a shop that said nyx. OMG i was so happy and excited. gone are the days of waiting for the postman to come.

i went and took a look.. small collection. but the prices are HEFTY!!

one small nottle of the loose peral is 13.99SGD. the trios are 19.90SGD. what the hell.. i could get like so much more if i ordered from cherryculture of something else.

SIGH SIGH SIGH.... i guess i'll have to stick to cps from now
frown.gif
things are so overpriced here

ok. so this is a rant. but i really am so irrated

Originally Posted by shyiskrazy2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That really sucks, but at least you know not to get ripped off from that seller. yea. it's not really a seller. it's in an aisle near a place that is similar to walmart

If it's any consolation, NYX stuff is decent, but not exactly the greatest ever.

Maybe it's that high because of the high shipping from the US to Singapore?

I'm sorry everything is so expensive!

Here it's overpriced as well - that bronzer that sells on USA for 16 dollars is sold here for 129 reais - with 129 reais i pay the monthly fee on my dancing classes(78 reais), buy a new bra (20 reais), buy a new blush from Contem 1g (18,50) and there's still the money for my bus (1,50 the ticket) and the lunch after all that.

Translating - 129 reais is like 129 dollars.
tongue.gif
Or converting - it costs 72 dollars - almost 5 times its price on USA

woah lia! that's a huuuge difference! it's the same here angellove.. everything is more expensive. I guess on the other hand, waiting for the postman is pretty exciting.. at least it's something to look forward to

Yup - because brazilian taxes on imported things are mean (60% of the product price PLUS SHIPPING) and generally because people like to pull out every penny of you just because the brand is 'imported' - which don't mean necessarily that's an high-end product

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yup - because brazilian taxes on imported things are mean (60% of the product price PLUS SHIPPING) and generally because people like to pull out every penny of you just because the brand is 'imported' - which don't mean necessarily that's an high-end product Yes, this is a complaint my Brazilian suppliers and traders have all the time! Anytime they need to import a raw specialized material from the U.S., it really hits them hard because of the tarrifs (import taxes).

Just do what I do:

Since I can't afford MAC and have every single NYX item shipped from US to me, I just tell myself that I am now collecting NYX as others do with MAC.

Will tell you if that works
rotfl.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, this is a complaint my Brazilian suppliers and traders have all the time! Anytime they need to import a raw specialized material from the U.S., it really hits them hard because of the tarrifs (import taxes). Yup - and then the brazilian government wonders why there's so much taxes sonegation and things coming by illicit ways from China to Brazil. I'm not justifying the crime, it's just that it's a ENOURMOUS barrier to a producer - the person may want to use better quality materials, but the taxes make everything more difficult.
And then i was in a store touching a brazilian yarn used to knitting - damn the thing was prickly , i thanked God that i live in a hot place, because it'd be horrid to use a handmade sweater with that yarn

thanks for all the consolations!!!!
smile.gif
it really helped. guess im not the only one.

lucky me that i did not buy those. i picked up a few that i'm interested in. but there were no price tags.. i asked the girl and i was like
tocktock.gif
tocktock.gif
tocktock.gif

Hi there!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Am from Singapore as well and just happened to register to this very happening forum!

:X Sorry if this comes abit too late, but perhaps you can try out this online store (www.Smoochiezz.com) which they have a showcase at Toh Guan (near IMM) and they are selling the Trios at S$9 bucks only!

^^ I bought tonnes of trios and their single eye shadows and lipstick (S$4 per lipstick) from them too.

Hope the info helps!

Originally Posted by angellove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one small nottle of the loose peral is 13.99SGD. the trios are 19.90SGD. what the hell.. i could get like so much more if i ordered from cherryculture of something else.
13.99 SGD = 11.5827 USD 19.90 SGD = 16.4757 USD
Ouch! The loose pearl is only $3 on NYX's site... or almost 400% markup and the trios are only $8... that's over a 200% markup! YIKES!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That mark up was in 2007 - could you imagin the prices now with inflation and all??

YIKES!

Latest posts

Back