Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies with Tofu in it!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made these for the first time tonight...and they're really good, and good for you! My girlfriend gave me the recipe, which she adapted from the book "Eating Well for Optimum Health." Her recipe included nuts and dates, and no chocolate chips. Have to have the chocolate chips! I also omitted the nuts, my kids are allergic, and added raisins. Anyway, you can change it up however you like! By the way, my kids devoured them.

Really Good Oatmeal (Chocolate Chip) Cookies

3 Cups whole wheat flour, white flour or combo of both

2 tsp. Baking powder

1/4 tsp. Salt

3 Tsp. Cinnamon

4 Cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats

3 Cups Any combo of nuts, raisins, dates or chocolate chips

12 oz. silken tofu

1 cup light flavored Olive Oil

1/2 cup Water

2 cups Brown Sugar, packed

4 tbsp. Vanilla Extract (that seemed like a lot to me, I only put 2)

Sift together the flours, baking powder, salt and spices. Stir in Oats and fruit/nuts, chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, mash tofu with a whisk. Fold wet ingredients into the dry, mixing thoroughly.

Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Drop batter by rounded teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet (I actually sprayed mine lightly with olive oil). Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges start to brown.

Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Makes about 90 cookies.

Note: These cookies are best if stored in and eaten straight from refrigerator.

ohhhhh thanks nicolet,i love oatmeal cookies!!!!!!
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 ohhhhh thanks nicolet,i love oatmeal cookies!!!!!!
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Your little ones will love them, too!! :icon_love
My kids were helping me make them and were laughing when I added the tofu. They like tofu, but not in cookies, or so they thought. They're tearing them up right now!

By the way, I love your new avatar. It's such a pretty picture of you.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Sounds good - thanks Nicole!!! You're welcome, Janelle! You should whip up a batch..but I must warn you, this recipe makes about 90 cookies! I only have one cookie sheet, so I've put in about 4 batches so far, and I'm still not done!
redface.gif

Thank you for that recipe. I need to learn how to do more with Tofu(only have used in in stir-fry!)

Originally Posted by zinn Thank you for that recipe. I need to learn how to do more with Tofu(only have used in in stir-fry!) I hope you like them, Zinn. I think they are super yummy. Next time I'm going to make them with White Chocolate chips and cranberries. Be sure to keep them in the fridge, since it has tofu in it.
wink.gif

With tofu? ewwwwww! I've heard thoughthat tofu tastes like whatever you mix it with
icon_lol.gif

I'm jotting down the ingredients I need for when I go to the store later. I'll be making these today. Thanks for the recipe!

I made these last night and the first batch didn't turn out so well. After refrigerating for an hour, I dropped by rounded teaspoons as suggested. After 12 minutes they were still in a ball and hadn't flattened out at all so I squished them down a bit and did them several more minutes. They were still gooey and not quite down in the center but the bottoms and edges were browned so I went ahead and took them out. My dad was over and he started eating them and said they were fine so I sent them home with him. I wasn't pleased, though.

I flattened the second batch out on the cookie sheet after making a rounded teaspoon. They still didn't spread out much and ended up being a very tiny cookie but atleast they cooked in the center and tasted better to me.

It was late last night and I didn't feel like making cookies all night long so I left the batter in the fridge overnight and i'm gonna make the rest today. I put dates, raisins, walnuts, and pecans in mine. Mmm, think i'll go eat some now.

I absolutely LOVE these cookies! I made some more this weekend and put cranberries, raisins, pecans, walnuts, and coconut in them along with the other ingredients. I also used organic brown sugar and whole wheat flour. They are sooo yummy and totally guiltless! I'm hooked! I even went out and bought the recipe book by the same guy that wrote Eating Well For Optimum Health where this recipe was taken from. I was gonna buy that book too but Hastings didn't have it.

I never would have guessed about tofu & olive oil in cookies! Sounds interesting!

I made these cookies last night..YUM!! However, I changed out the cup of olive oil & only did 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup applesauce. Then I used only 1 cup flour and 2 cup whole wheat flour. They came out super moist and my kids LOVE them!

Thanks for sharing 

Latest posts

Back