Oddest diet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whats the oddest diet you've heard of or tried? AND, if you've tried it, did it work?

i've heard of the Jell-O diet, Cottage Cheese diet (from MTV's true life), and Coffee & Peanuts diet! never tried any of em though=)

i've never tried any crazy diets besides atkins.

i don't know of any weird ones, just ones like vegetable soup diet, cabbage soup diet, things like that.

none of those diets really work,they are crash diets.you will wind up gaining everything you lost and then some.
icon_eek.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
a proper diet is eating healthy and excersing,all these fads are bull,we all know what to do to maintain a healthy body,we just have to be consistent
biggrin.gif

i went on this one a long time ago called weight loss clinic. i think i was allowed 900 calories a day and i cut that back to probably half. crazy! needless to say i promptly gained all i lost back and more. finally i got smart and realized if you move your butt and make better food choices, the weight comes off and stays off. that enabled me to lose 115 lbs and keep it off for 8 years. i wouldn't mind losing 15-20 more but i'm pleased with my accomplishment.

Originally Posted by karrie ann i went on this one a long time ago called weight loss clinic. i think i was allowed 900 calories a day and i cut that back to probably half. crazy! needless to say i promptly gained all i lost back and more. finally i got smart and realized if you move your butt and make better food choices, the weight comes off and stays off. that enabled me to lose 115 lbs and keep it off for 8 years. i wouldn't mind losing 15-20 more but i'm pleased with my accomplishment. wow! congrats to your weight loss!

Originally Posted by karrie ann i went on this one a long time ago called weight loss clinic. i think i was allowed 900 calories a day and i cut that back to probably half. crazy! needless to say i promptly gained all i lost back and more. finally i got smart and realized if you move your butt and make better food choices, the weight comes off and stays off. that enabled me to lose 115 lbs and keep it off for 8 years. i wouldn't mind losing 15-20 more but i'm pleased with my accomplishment. Wow! Congrats on getting so much off and keeping it off!!
I don't really diet because I have food allergies, so I'm already cutting out all sorts of foods. I'm allergic to wheat and dairy so no pizza or burritos for me. I think it helps me from gaining too much weight. If I could eat pizza, burritos,Quiznos, pasta and all that stuff I would gain so much weight from all the fat and carbs. I'm also a vegetarian so I don't get any of the fat and calories from meat, and I think that helps me keep the weight down too. I really do enjoy all the interesting foods that I can eat. I don't feel like I'm deprived or missing out on anything because there are so many fabulous things that I can eat.

Hi,

Like nydoll23 said, crash dieting is really not good for you, a lot of people lose weight for a short time, and then gain it all back. I have heard of that cottage cheese diet and the whole soup and fruit diet, its very unhealthy to eat just one food. I have tried atkins and I know that a lot of people like it but that was just not for me, I actually was hungrier. But going back to the weird diets, I've heard of hotdog, oatmeal and eggs everyday for one week and then in a different order each day after that.
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif
What in the?? I can't remember where I heard it but that was definatley strange. I've also heard of the grapefruit diet where you just eat grapefruit.And the hollywood juice diet thing, its all a scam and the only way to really lose weight is to eat healthy portions of a variety of good nutritional stuff and exercise.

I had a friend in high school who would go for a week or two at a time where all she ate for lunch was a single cup of yogurt. (A yogurt that sat in her un-refrigerated locker for 4 hours until lunch -- I don't know why she didn't get food poisoning!) She'd also cut back a lot of calories from her other meals, she always talked about eating low-fat homemade red beans and rice for dinner... Then when she lost some weight, she'd go back to her normal "junk food diet" of eating french fries and cookies for lunch ... and she wondered why she couldn't keep the weight off...
icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah, it seems like there are a lot of people who think that if they lose weight on a crash diet it they will somehow magically be able to keep it off and go back to their old eating habits. I have a friend who does that. She'll fast and do the "Sacred Heart Diet" which is a variation of the cabbage soup diet. It really hurts me to see her do that because I know she'll just gain the weight back, get upset, and start dieting again.

Latest posts

Back