Official NHL thread of 07/08

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok ladies and gentlemen, let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

The NHL is just about to start. Any predictions?

I predict that the Toronta Maple Leafs are going to take the cup.

And I'm hopeful that Sid and I will skate off together...

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok ladies and gentlemen, let's get ready to rumble!!!!!
The NHL is just about to start. Any predictions?

I predict that the Toronta Maple Leafs are going to take the cup.

And I'm hopeful that Sid and I will skate off together...

WRoooooooooooooNG... Penguin's beat the Leafs in 6 games for Lord Stanley's cup!!! Sid the Kid and company are going to skate circles around everyone else!!! and they just signed a long term lease which keeps thm in the "burgh" till 2029!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

main_image92107.jpg

Will Sidney bring Stanley to Pittsburgh?

A lot of people were already touting the Pittsburgh Penguins as Stanley Cup contenders — and then they went and signed Petr Sykora! One of the NHL’s best offenses added another weapon.

The Penguins' 47-point improvement last season — fourth-best in NHL history — put them in the thick of the Atlantic Division race and earned them a playoff berth. The Penguins were led by Sidney Crosby, who won the Hart and Art Ross Trophies and became the first teenager to lead a major North American professional league in scoring. Second-line center and No. 2 scorer Evgeni Malkin won the Calder Trophy as the NHL’s best rookie, narrowly edging teammate Jordan Staal.

Sergei Gonchar was No. 2 in scoring among NHL defensemen last season, but teammate Ryan Whitney, in only his third season, may be rapidly overtaking him as the Penguins’ best blueliner. The Pens also strengthened their defense with the free-agent signing of Darryl Sydor, a two-time Stanley Cup winner whose side job may be to groom talented youngster Kris Letang, a scoring juggernaut in Canadian juniors.

Wings Mark Recchi and Gary Roberts also return, in part to help guide this young team, and its 20-year-old captain, Crosby. But that's not all they're there for. Recchi was the Penguins’ third-leading scorer behind Crosby and Malkin, while Roberts adds strength along the boards, a veteran presence in the locker room and another player who can put the puck in the net. Georges Laraque, an enforcer who can also play good hockey, is there to protect the talented young 'uns.

Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury came into his own last season. As impressive as his statistics were, it was his easy confidence that he belongs in the NHL that seemed to seal the idea that the Penguins have a goalie they can win with..

And add in the newest draft pick - Angelo Esposito....

Didn't Sid pose shirtless for Vanity Fair or GQ or similar.

Wouldn't mind seeing one of those pictures again.

OK we have one vote for the good guys - Toronto

and one vote for the good guy - Sid - and his boys of course.

Anyone have a prediction for the western conference?

makes me so happy that people love hockey here (cause they totally dont in the state of WA).

i predict that my precious red wings will win the cup and that they will play again in vancouver so i can acutally go and see them!

Another controversial hit - do you think hockey is too violent or are the physical aspects just part of the game?

I admit I love to watch the big hits and fights. Sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of them though.

I once went to a fight and a hockey game broke out!!
biggrin.gif
. Too violent?? Peeshaw!! Lol As far as western... Maybe the Ducks.... Or another small harmless animal..
smile.gif
. But they won't make it to the cup!!

And retro-violet.. I love the Red Wings too.. Almost as much as the Pennguins.. I grew up watching them and used to go to games at the old Olympia colleseum.. Was soo neat.. Not like the Joe.. Too Sterile.. No character.. And throwing octipie?? What's with that??.

Just got an email and signed up for a NHL regular season Lucky 7 pool!! What ever that is.. Gambling... Lol. Well see how the season progresses but I can see a few wagers of a Vistoria Secret gift card or two coming on!! Takes sports betting to a new level when you can win lingerie!! Hehe

Go Penguins!!

Karren

Too violent? Hell no....cant take the heat get the hell outta the kitchen.

Western confrence.....I will be supporting the ducks cuz they drafted a friend of my brothers (not that hes playing yet).

No quacking tonight as the Penguines beat the Ducks 5-4... And after yesterdays killing of the Penns by the Can's.... Anyone know what the LA kings are doing tonight? If the total score is 8 I win $60!!
smile.gif

Karren

STL 5 LAK 3...... I won I won!!! $60 in the company pool last night!!! I'm going to go shopping Monday!! I love hockey!! Especially when it supports my "hobby" lol

Hell yea go Flyers!!!!! I'm like the only Canadian who doesn't give a damn about the leafs of the habs. I figure since the Flyers have about 16 Canadians on their team it's all good
biggrin.gif
I think I'm in love with Danny Briere *swoon*

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hell yea go Flyers!!!!! I'm like the only Canadian who doesn't give a damn about the leafs of the habs. I figure since the Flyers have about 16 Canadians on their team it's all good
biggrin.gif
I think I'm in love with Danny Briere *swoon* I thought every team had 16 canadians, 2 checzs, one russian and a sweed... on their team!! lol

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hell yea go Flyers!!!!! I'm like the only Canadian who doesn't give a damn about the leafs of the habs. I figure since the Flyers have about 16 Canadians on their team it's all good
biggrin.gif
I think I'm in love with Danny Briere *swoon* Hey, Im worse.....I dont even have a team and often cheer for the TBL or Penguins.....I should be shot! We were supposed to go to the Sens and Rangers game sat night, but it didnt happen. I was sad

He got 20 games for the big hit - should have been more cause it was an exhibition match.

I was hoping that Toronto would be doing better. Maybe Blake's cancer is having an affect on the team's moral. Hope he gets better soon.

Is everyone pleased with their team so far?

Sid could bomb horribly and I'd still love him!

Latest posts

Back