Official Rosacea Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if anyones been on this thread in a while but I'm so glad to see it's here. I'm just starting to deal with my Rosacea and any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Kara

Just wanted to thank you for the Paula's Choice recommendation. I just got on her website and order some samples for myself. I let you know how my skin reacts. I'm excited.

Where do you get Provenance from? I would love to give that a try as well. This is such a helpful thread. Thank you to whoever started this.

Just wanted to let you know, I went to the Clinique counter today and the MA told me they are getting a new line of products for Rosacea.

Hi. I am DEBDI. I too suffer from it. not much is known about it in my country. the doc's kept on telling me to use AHA products and it became worse. i did my own study and realized in time .. hopefully what it was. I too have just started using Rosacea Care. i can't say there's much diference. too early to tell. Any ways.. here is another famous line to try. The sher skincare system. from UK. It was featured once on Dr. Nase's website. i tried mineral makeup. i tink i cant use the one that has the chemical bismuth... in it. i go pimple like rash. any reccomendations for makeup? thanks

Originally Posted by miss_binky /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi everyone,
I'm new here and am so glad to have found other people who can relate to the whole rosacea thing. I've was diagnosed with rosacea about 18 months ago and have managed to prevent flare-ups by switching to organic skin care (Dr Hauschka). However, none of the products I've tried have helped with the flushing
frown.gif
Has anyone here tried laser/IPL treatments?

Thanks!

I had three laser treatments. Very uncomfortable, very expensive and they did absolutely nothing for my rosacea. I have been using Olay Total Effects 7x after seeing two articles in magazines by prominent doctors. Apparently the Olay contains Niacin with helps with the redness and it also contains an SPF 15. Another lifesaver is the Cover FX make-up which was created in a hospital. Not only does it tone down redness but also has ingredients which soothe the skin. It also has an SPF.

I am so excited about this thread! I am a member on many boards and have never seen such an extensive thread on this problem.. I have had a red nose for about 10 years now... no problems anywhere else.. I kinda look like rudolph the reindeer
smile.gif
I have read many helpful things in here so far... thanks so much for everyones contributions!

jen

I have rosacea pretty bad I found relief with a hydrocortisone salve from a natural skin care company. It has worked great for me.

I've had this ever since I began getting pimples I think, and all the treatments (I probably had used in excess of 50 products or something) really aggravated my skin and caused my rosacea to worsen.

it's nice to know that I'm not alone I guess!

Hi everyone! This is my first time on this board and I was so excited when I saw that there was a Rosacea group. I was diagnosed with some minor rosacea (around my cheeks and sides of my nose) a few years ago and was given Rosasol, a 1% Metronidazole cream by my doctor. It helped clear up my redness, which was due to a BHA lotion that caused my flare-up. As for skin care, I use Paula's Choice-- it is fragrance-free, a definite plus for my skin.

I wanted to share a book that helped me during the early stages of finding out about rosacea: "Rosacea: Your self-help guide" by Arlen Brownstein and Donna Shoemaker. It covers everything from what rosacea is to how your lifestyle can affect your conditon. It is a definite must read for anyone who has this condition/wants to know more about it.

I'm currently trying to find a foundation that I can use to help cover up any redness-- my tinted moisturizer just doesn't cut it anymore. I've tried MMU (Everyday Minerals and Silk Naturals) but couldn't use them because I broke out/had an allergic reaction. Any recommendations???

I was recently told I have a very milk case of rosacea a couple months ago. I have the flushing and a bunch of red/purple marks on my cheeks. I though it was acne scars but they kept getting worse in places where I hadn't broke out. So now my derm has me on finacea at night and she just added metrogel for the mornings and using Rosanil as a cleanser. I haven't seen much of a difference with the finacea but my derm said she said a big difference. I just want my skin to look clear.

I have redness on my cheeks for many years and i have found a nice cleanser that calms my skin down. good skin all calm creamy cleanser. Its working so far. I also notice that little bumps are disappearing and my cheeks look a lot less irritated and much smoother. I also should say that I don't wash my face everyday unless i'm sweating or been outside all day. I found that washing my face everyday was a contributor.

I don't wear makeup because i have good skin other than the redness on my cheeks.

Im happy..and now i'm trying to find a nice moisturizer...

bolistoli, doesn't the niacin in Olay Total effect trigger your Rosacea?

can you please share those articles about it.

I checked the Oil of Olay and there's night cream, serum, etc.

The one that controls redness is the serum. I've been on it for 3 days already and I think I'm developing bumps but I'm not sure if this is because I'm about to have my period. Will keep you guys posted.

Sorry, but I didn't hang on to the magazines with those particular articles. I think with rosacea it's a matter of what works for one person will not work on someone else. I have had good results though with the Cover FX make-up. It not only covers the redness but it also contains a sunscreen and ingredients that calm that sunburn-like hotness. You should check out their web site. The products are reasonably priced and last a long time.

Hello,

Since my adolescence, I suffer from couperose, on cheeks only. I tried several creams and even three different types of laser but no (for me) gave me contentment.

I used a green concealer during years but I left, to pass directly in the bottom of opaque complexion which hides my blush more.

Bye

I was able to buy the Olay 7x serum however it's not for me, although the box says it can reduce redness. I developed small bumps on my face. I think it is because of the fragrance. Probably it can work for those who are not sensitive for fragrance

i was prescribed with something called finacea and it seems to have reduced the redness somewhat

Since my derm prescribed me Finacea I have been having horrible breakouts. So now she has me on metrogel in the mornings and Finacea at night. I still seem to be breaking out but not as horribly.

Since I started using Merlot skincare and Prosacea my rosacea has greatly improved. I can get all of it at Walgreens drug store locally. Merlot skincare is also sold on line. I'm sure Prosacea could be located on line too. It workes better for me than metrogel without drying me out. I still use Aromaleigh mineral makeup too. Any mmu with bismuth oxy is certain to cause me a rosacea flareup. Talc will too,as does menthol and mineral oil products.

my mom has the rosacea problem too. she just uses mint concealer when she wants to get rid of it.

Hi, I do not have rosacea, but I am in skin care school now. So far, I have learned that Herbal Tea Compresses are great for soothing irritated skin, such as Rosacea, as well as sunburn, sensitive skin, post-waxing skin, or irritated skin in general. They are easy to do at home if you are not near a spa/clinic that offers them. Take 4 bags of chamomile tea and steep in 2 cups of boiling water for 10 minutes. Place in one-gallon container, and add 4-6 cups of cool water in the solution. It's easiest to use a cotton roll cut into sections to cover the face and eyes - but any type of cotton ( rounds or roll ) or any type of soft cloth will work. Soak in tea, wringing out the excess, but not so that it's dry - then apply to face and neck area. Use small cotton pads to cover the eyes, also soaked in tea. Compress the skin for 5-10 minutes. It's cool, relaxing, and really soothes the skin and helps to reduce redness.

Latest posts

Back