Official Rosacea Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have recently been diagnosed with Rosacea and my dermatologist has prescribed Rosac. I have also used Differin for several years. Does anyone have any experience with using one of these creams while sufferring from Rosacea. It would seem to me to be counterproductive as it thins the skin but I don't know

Hi Genie,
Welcome to Makeuptalk!
smile.gif
I understand how you feel because I was in denial too. I kept saying, Oh, I must allergic to this product or that product until I started feeling the flushing. It felt like my face was on fire and my face looked like I got a bad sunburn. Then when to the doctor and when she said Rosacea I looked at her like yeah right! lol But I have since learned that it's not so bad and it is treatable. The early you treat it the better the outcome. Here's a few links to help you learn a little more about it and what you can do. If you have any questions or just want to chat PM me or post here..K

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/

http://www.rosaceaguide.ca/

http://www.drnase.com/

http://my.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/zp3400.asp?navbar=tr5971

Diane,

Thank you so much! I have an autoimmune disease from Fluoroquinolone poisoning. The reason I came here was to learn more about MMU to cover my rosacea. It is also combined with the eye problems, which I am just recovering from a bout with both eyes. The problems that this condition can cause are horrific at times. I'm not sure what aggravates my problem, but it does seem to become more prominent in times of stress. The autoimmune has made it really tuff to fight the problem, as everything you try to do for one, is not good for the other. I've been through all the medical treatments, and now I'm going to try a more natural approach. Natural is better, I'm sure.

But, the eye problems are really bad. I had to use browser tools for my internet for vision impaired students while I was in school. I graduated in August of 08, so I've at least gotten some relief for my eyes by using audio programs instead.

laughing.gif

Sign me up for your thread! I'll be contributing no doubt!

I'm grateful that you have provided this thread for us that suffer from this. MMU is my answer to cover the awful stuff without aggravating it even more.

Thanks again,

Kat

glasses.gif

[SIZE=12pt]I also used to get compliments on my skin. About three years ago I started to see a change. I was using fewer blushes on my face because my cheeks were always red. I noticed that the texture of my skin was changing. I was getting terrible infections that actually caused the top layer of my skin to peel off leaving it open and raw (very painful). My skin was not healing well anymore and was scarring. Even my scalp was changing. I went to one dermatologist that handed me a pamphlet, told me I had rosacea, gave me a prescription for a topical ointment and sent me on my way[/SIZE]

About Rosacea Treatment

[SIZE=12pt]I also used to get compliments on my skin. About three years ago I started to see a change. I was using fewer blushes on my face because my cheeks were always red. I noticed that the texture of my skin was changing. I was getting terrible infections that actually caused the top layer of my skin to peel off leaving it open and raw (very painful). My skin was not healing well anymore and was scarring. Even my scalp was changing. I went to one dermatologist that handed me a pamphlet, told me I had rosacea, gave me a prescription for a topical ointment and sent me on my way[/SIZE].

About Rosacea Treatment

This is a nice post. I am also unknown from Rosacea. After reading your post I get knowledge about this. This is very informative knowledge.

As a nurse, my face was blistered, red, and itched from my mask. My rosacea got worse. My boss suggested me to try dermalmd rosacea treatment and I gave to use it and trust me it cleared it all up. I am very pleased with my results and will continue to use rosacea.

Latest posts

Back