Oh boy, time for a new sunscreen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I had found the perfect sunscreen that didn't cause acne. Well, don't know what happened but it started causing breakouts!!!

Now I'm in the market for a new sunscreen. I'm thinking about Murad or Prescriptives because it sounds like a lot of ladies have had good luck with those brands. My skin is oily and really really sensitive to cosmetic acne. Ive gone through about 6 different brands of sunscreen, and I really just want to find one that won't make me break out.

Thanks all!!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I thought I had found the perfect sunscreen that didn't cause acne. Well, don't know what happened but it started causing breakouts!!!
Now I'm in the market for a new sunscreen. I'm thinking about Murad or Prescriptives because it sounds like a lot of ladies have had good luck with those brands. My skin is oily and really really sensitive to cosmetic acne. Ive gone through about 6 different brands of sunscreen, and I really just want to find one that won't make me break out.

Thanks all!!

I haven't tried their sunscreen, but I love Murad products in general. Their acne complex kit is what finally ended my acne, and I don't have problems with any of their other products.
icon_wink.gif

I like netrogena's sunscreen,its good for sensitive skin.They have a tinted one as well

Aren't we having awesome weather in the Bay Area? I am loving it.

Could your sunscreen be old? I don't know if it can go bad but maybe that is what is causing you to break out?

Originally Posted by Marisol Aren't we having awesome weather in the Bay Area? I am loving it.
Could your sunscreen be old? I don't know if it can go bad but maybe that is what is causing you to break out?

Oo! I'll have to look into that. It *might* be old, but I never thought that could cause break outs. I'll have to call the company tomorrow and ask.

Originally Posted by Marisol I *think* that it may have an expiration date at the bottom. Its funny, everything else has an expiration date, but not the sunscreen.

if the product comes in a tube check the crimp for the expiration date.

coppertone makes a sunscreen called "faces" that i've used before and had good results. my skin is also prone to breakouts. murad just sent an email about their new sunscreen that is specifically for acne prone skin - oil free sunblock with spf 15. it sells for about $22. even though i like the coppertone brand i'm going to try the murad.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Its funny, everything else has an expiration date, but not the sunscreen.

I am also break out prone, and have great results with coppertone oil free faces 30 SPF. It is not greasy at all, almost kind of matte, and doesn't break me out. And it is one of the few stable US sunscreens. If you can afford it, Sheiseido spf 55 is also very good, and that one dryes really matte too.

Thanks all for the suggestions! I haven't decided what to do yet. I was going to call Mary Kay to see if they would do anything about the bad sunscreen, but I couldn't get a hold of them because of the time zone difference. Oh well...

I never use real sunscreen on my face, I just use a moisturizer with spf in it. I don't know if that's good or bad. If you're in the water a lot, then it is probably bad because it's not waterproof at all, but for laying out, I don't burn or breakout!

Latest posts

Back