Oh Chanel

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Scarlette Yeah, I would really like to know where you get groceries, because my bill is like 100 bucks.. but anyway.. the thing with Chanel... I buy the makeup because I can't afford the purse. Pulling out that CC label in front of strangers, then applying, making sure the CCs are in plain view.. it's just a thrilling feeling. Almost makes me feel like a Hilton. Actually it is $28 a week and I get groceries delivered from planetorganics.com I don't eat any animal products and I cook from scratch so all I buy is produce, beans, grains, and the occasional treat. I buy in bulk when possible. I eat pretty cheaply.

Originally Posted by Pauline Hi suzukigrrl, i know what you mean. $25 is a lot for a lipgloss. Have yuou thought about checking out ebay for the Chanel Lipgloss's you like. Ebay has tons of great brands and are considerably cheaper. I hope you manage to find a great bargain on ebay and mabe even get 2 lipglosses for the price of one! Oh Pauline don't tempt me!! LOL!

The only wierd thing about Chanel glosses is that after a while they do get a wierd kind of smell and thats when i throw them out.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 The only wierd thing about Chanel glosses is that after a while they do get a wierd kind of smell and thats when i throw them out. So i guess it's a case of use them up before they start smelling?! Good way to use the product quickly and not waste any!

Originally Posted by Liz yeah, i hate the smell of the diorshow mascara Really? I dont think mine has a scent... or maybe I just haven't notices.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Actually it is $28 a week and I get groceries delivered from planetorganics.com I don't eat any animal products and I cook from scratch so all I buy is produce, beans, grains, and the occasional treat. I buy in bulk when possible. I eat pretty cheaply. Wow.. I am a total carnivore but thats awesome that you can save $$ on food.

I totally agree, Chanel has the best certain mu. I have only 3 l/s and 4 blushes (3 Irreelle and 1 Joues Contraste blush). I haven't tried the glosses yet, since I don't get alone with glosses
icon_rolleyes.gif
But I will give it a try for sure
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by envymi I agree with Trisha, there's definitely no competition going on with Chanel and MAC...completely different. Chanel's lip products are the best in texture and they do have really nice and wearable colors. IMO it's worth the price because I haven't found any glosses or lipsticks that even come close in quality.

well i went by chanel today and checked out the glosses. do they not have a big range of glosses? or is my counter just retarded because they had duplicates of a lot of the glosses.

i didn't see any that i liked though. they're really... pigmented i guess you would say. i like glosses more sheer.

EVERYONE! go buy their venus eyeshadow. everyone. i dunno if its limited edition or not but just GO BUY IT.

I love Chanel glosses! To me $25 is worth it. Then again, it's slighty cheaper to buy it here than in USA.

Girls You teasing me
smile.gif

Never had anything from Chanel but I am a lipgloss addict.I really love DuWop lipglosses,they smell so nice and have great staying power.I had Dior Kiss lipgloss once(got it on my birthday) but I hated the smell
frown.gif

I will never pay that much for a chanel lipgloss. PersonallY I would buy mac lipglosses than chanel's lipgloss. cause of the price.

Originally Posted by bejb1011 EVERYONE! go buy their venus eyeshadow. everyone. i dunno if its limited edition or not but just GO BUY IT. Venus is not LE...I've bought several over the last few years.

Hooray for organic food!!! I only shop at Mother's Market, Trader Joes and Wild Oats for that reason. Haven't been to the regular groceries store in years. That is so good that you cook from scratch. I cook from scratch too when we eat at home which is most of the time. Too bad this website doesn't deliver in my area.

Welcome to MuT sommergirl
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by sommergirl I love the glossimers. They are very smooth, not sticky. Another fave-the aqualuminere(sp?) lipsticks, the glossimers work great over this lipstick. Love the #32-antigua. Can't wait to try the new gloss!

Originally Posted by sommergirl I love the glossimers. They are very smooth, not sticky. Another fave-the aqualuminere(sp?) lipsticks, the glossimers work great over this lipstick. Love the #32-antigua. Can't wait to try the new gloss! welcome to mut!!

Back