Oh lord....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I was watching something on MTV about Hurricane Katrina. They're following people and looking around the city. People are talking about what they lost, who they lost. Really sad.

Right after it, they show Super Sweet 16!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that's really nice. Show a bunch of spoiled brats spending thousands of dollars and being b*tches right after that program.

I think i remember them doing that before but with some other crisis, i think the tsunami.

OMG that sounds very distasteful. I get pissed off anytime I watch My super sweet sixteen anyway (MTV Germany shows the US episodes with german subtitles) because I can´t stand the spoiled brats who think they´re something else and don´t know anything about the REAL life.

I always thought US TV stations usually always did a good job at being careful what and what not to air in a situation like this. so I guess MTV is different

Originally Posted by Arielle OMG that sounds very distasteful. I get pissed off anytime I watch My super sweet sixteen anyway (MTV Germany shows the US episodes with german subtitles) because I can´t stand the spoiled brats who think they´re something else and don´t know anything about the REAL life.
I always thought US TV stations usually always did a good job at being careful what and what not to air in a situation like this. so I guess MTV is different

Ugh, Super Sweet Sixteen is one of those shows that you can't stop watching, because you can't believe it's really happening. I mean, hundreds of thousands of dollars on a SWEET SIXTEEN! Most people don't make that much in a whole year! And they are usually so witchy and disrespectful to their parents, and basically everyone around them. I remember a girl from last season, who said straight to the camera, "Life is different for me because I'm so much prettier than everyone else." And another girl, Ava, got into a Range Rover at a dealership, and when the dealer said they got it in on trade, she looks really disgusted, and says, "It's used? Ew!" The latest episode I saw was with this really conceited girl Amanda, who had Ciara at her party, and was only nice to her dad when he reminded her who was footing the bill!

Originally Posted by anne7 "Life is different for me because I'm so much prettier than everyone else." yeah I remember that episode...and that girl was pretty trashy looking if you ask me. and I think she had one of her old friends at the party who was a simple natural looking girl. she wore target jewelry to the party and all of the ritch witches were like OMG TARGET! and honestly the girl with the target jewelry was the prettiest one of them all.

Originally Posted by Liz Yeah, that's really nice. Show a bunch of spoiled brats spending thousands of dollars and being b*tches right after that program. I hope they do it to get some rise out of the audience, or else, that's just pretty nasty
frown.gif

Nice job MTV
icon_mad.gif

The worst part about that show isn't the 16 year olds, it's their parents. Who do you think taught them that that sort of behavior is ok?

oh, my god. that is SO pathetic.

does anyone remember mtv when all they showed were MUSIC VIDEOS? now, you can only catch those late at night and even then, they play the same videos over and over.

Gosh, it's sad to see how these kids are raised. When I come I across this show, I get disgusted and cannot believe how shallow they are.. send them to a boot camp!
mad.gif

yeah, that show is a real trip. it just shows how unappreciative people can be when they have never had to go without. but things can happen in people's lives that can make them become humble. you have to be careful what you do and how you treat people, because that can all come back on you. here it is these people without anything, just the clothes on their backs, and these people are spending 200k to over 500k on a 16th b-day, and then the girls have the nerve to get an attitude and act silly with their parents. it's so unnerving. well anyway, all i can do is pray and try to help and donate to the victims of Katrina.

Originally Posted by Jennifer does anyone remember mtv when all they showed were MUSIC VIDEOS? I do and I wish they would bring them back. Doesn't the M in MTV stand for music? Not stoopid reality tv shows about spoiled kids. I know that they do play more videos on MTV2 but I dont have access to it.

Originally Posted by Arielle yeah I remember that episode...and that girl was pretty trashy looking if you ask me. and I think she had one of her old friends at the party who was a simple natural looking girl. she wore target jewelry to the party and all of the ritch witches were like OMG TARGET! and honestly the girl with the target jewelry was the prettiest one of them all. Yeah, I thought she was trashy looking too! And her friend from Roswell was so cute and really appreciative, and I liked her on-sale Target jewelry! Her black dress was cuter than Natalie's gross skin-tight silver one, too! I remember that part where she is getting her hair done, and says thats where she got it all, and the other girl, I don't remember her name, was like, All MY jewelry came from Tiffany's. And then Natalie said that girl had never shopped in a Target in her life! I love Target, so more good stuff for me!

Latest posts

Back