Oh man. I just need a minute and a hug.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bear with me, I have had a horrendous couple of weeks and I am finally acknowledging how bad it is making me feel.

What do you do when you realize your attempts at being a strong person has backfired? That it has cast you in such a light with others you fear there will never be a fresh start?

I am not an evil mean person, in fact I am so sensitive I tend to put up that "imma b!tch' wall when I feel hurt.

The internet was meant to be a place to relax, unwind. Not a place to feel alienated and lonely.

I know I have made some really good friends, and for that I am thankful, but what do you do when people make that snap judgementt of you? How do you NOT feel hurt?

This is just a general feelibng of being let down. By myself.

Ahhhh. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I just feel so alone right now.

Kids are at school, Hubby is at work. I have tried and tried to get a job but I'll be darned if a 10yr lapse in employ doesn't hinder it. That and they want RECENT experiences=(

So hard to get out of the hole and stay out.

I know this is "just the net" not real life, but does that mean it should hurt less?

I just need a hug bad. And not a single soul to get one from=(

Here's a hug.

Its hard when we know we have so much to contribute and can't seem to convince an employer of that...yet. It will happen and you will show the world what they missed by not hiring you.

Originally Posted by Christie ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here's a hug.
Its hard when we know we have so much to contribute and can't seem to convince an employer of that...yet. It will happen and you will show the world what they missed by not hiring you.

I am sur eyou are right. It just feels hopeless right now. All of this topped with an issue on one site affecting EVERY site I go to now, it just feels like everything is colapsing on me.

I know I just need to ride the storm out, that it will get better.

But right now it just feels so low.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif *hugs* I really know how you feel, I can really relate. All I feel like doing is sitting down and crying. Too bad that won't happen.

I try my best to hold it together for my kids and husband.

This person people seem to see me as just ISN'T who I am. It's not the person I want to be known as. BUt there is no turning back time, and some just lack the capacity to move on. Myself included.

Grrrrrr. Well, the kitchen cupboards have never been so clean, and the mountain of laundry is now a small hill. I guess I'll keep up keeping busy.

I wanted more than anything to get one thing from the Sephora FF sale but budget didn't allow. I know that is such a tINY thing, but boy o boy did it seem to add to the already bad month I was having.

Top it off with two Budgies not hatching and one that did passing away it has been just unbelievable!

You know, being a mom is one of the hardest jobs ever! Put your experience raising your children in your work experience! I would! Good luck with everything!
smile.gif

*hug*hug*hug*

i know how you feel and it's perfectly ok to feel that way sometimes! just allow yourself to move through those feelings. please allow yourself to do one thing everyday, however small, that truly expresses the real you! make a list of the things you really love to do (or maybe need to do to feel better about yourself) and do one of those things everyday. it may sound too simple but believe me it works!

:hugs:

Well, I know a majority of us who have reached a certain stage in life has experienced what you are feeling at least once or twice. There are hundreds (thousands) of us now that could be like, "Yeah, I know what that feels like". So don't think you are alone in this, chances are, someone somewhere on the board is going through this right now.

I hope you feel better. It is just the net, but I have made great friends who meant a lot to me on the internet and it still stinks. You'll pull through this.

Big Hugs to you, I know sort know how you feel, some people have made snap judgments on me and wont even talk to me so I can explain myself, and it sucks to feel isolated and alone. I hope everything works itself out for you and you have a lots of friends here.

I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to each and every person who responded!

It means an aweful ot more than I think any of you know.

hug.gif
hope you feel better soon
frown.gif
I hate it when you reach out to make yourself feel less alone and then they respond in such a way as to make you feel more rejected and alienated than before. So yes I can relate

*Hugs* It will all be ok.

Don't feel down and out about work. I was unemployed for a year and half. I was underqualifed, overqualifed, too specialized, not specialized for so long it turned into, we need recent experience. So i know where you are coming from.

In regards for being someone your not. We all get like that. I know I have. Best thing to do is forget about and pretend it never happened. If you play it cool, they will blow it off as an off day for you and forget about it.

From your post, sounds like you need some you time. Find something relaxing or perhaps take a day. Do things you enjoy doing. Don't take calls unless you WANT to take them, and the same for placing calls. Errands are a no no.

Hope it all works out.

Originally Posted by colormeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif *Hugs* It will all be ok.
Don't feel down and out about work. I was unemployed for a year and half. I was underqualifed, overqualifed, too specialized, not specialized for so long it turned into, we need recent experience. So i know where you are coming from.

In regards for being someone your not. We all get like that. I know I have. Best thing to do is forget about and pretend it never happened. If you play it cool, they will blow it off as an off day for you and forget about it.

From your post, sounds like you need some you time. Find something relaxing or perhaps take a day. Do things you enjoy doing. Don't take calls unless you WANT to take them, and the same for placing calls. Errands are a no no.

Hope it all works out.

It will I am sure. It always does. It just feels like so much right now because I am not taking on one thing at a time instead of all at once.
I am only 31 yet somedays I feel so much older.

EEKS!

I feel a little better today.

In fact I am weeding through my stash and discovering things I had forgotten as well as weeding out things I haven't used in ages.

I cleaned the yard at 7 am, can u believe it?

Dropped the kids at school and came home and worked outside. It's cool outside, but nice enough all I needed was a sweatshirt.

*sigh* I will NOT let today be another bad day.

Thanks again, everyone.

The one thing that attracts me here more than anything is the kinship you all seem to have. I have been on many like minded sites and it has hardly been as cohesive as this one.

YAY for MUT
laughing.gif

Hugs from my little corner of the world.

Just hang tough, things will get better!

I am 41 and have had plenty of jobs in the past and never was fired from any.

I understand about the 10 year past on the apps for employment. My current job that I am in now really looked at me hard and it almost didnt happen because I ran my own business for the past 7 years. They saw it as having ZERO job's! I did get it although they started me at the lowest pay.

Side note: They hired a 20 something girl to help me out and she started with making .40 cents more that me an hour because she left her only job from McDonalds that week! I am still pretty mad over that one. Here I ran a business that worked out great I did the books paid my taxes every quarter got the jobs in hired and fired employees and so on. Now this girl has more experiance than me cause she flipped burgers on the grill line!!!

This is a drepressing and crazy world at times.

Latest posts

Back