olay vs. coppertone

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. 

I recently bought Olay Complete all day moisturizer with sunscreen, spf 15, to use as moisturizer under my foundation daily. 

I noticed that the four active ingredients are identical to the active ingredients in Coppertone Sport High Performance sunscreen, spf 30, except the Coppertone has more of two of the ingredients. 

My question is what does Olay have that Coppertone doesn't? Why can't I use the Coppertone as daily moisturizer? 

Thanks.

Well thanks to everyone for your useful help and information. Sure glad I registered here. Thanks also for the spam I've already recieved from this site. What's not to love?

which Olay formulation did you buy? Normal skin or combination/oily or sensitive?

I'm going to assume that the first few ingredients are the same b/c of the SPF. Olay though should have more things in it to help against aging. I guess it's your preference, so if you want just an SPF with little anti-aging(antioxidants) or an SPF with a lot of it. I dont see though where the Coppertone has anything extra moisturizing in it.

Olay ingredients:

The active ingredients are all sunscreen.

active ingredients: 3.0% avobenzone, 3.0% homosalate, 5.0% octisalate, 2.6% octocrylene.inactive ingredients: water, glycerin, polyethylene, dimethicone, niacinamide, pentylene glycol, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, isohexadecane, polysorbate 60,dimethiconol, peg-4 laurate, peg-4 dilaurate, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, peg-4, stearic acid, cetearyl glucoside, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, cetearyl alcohol, ascorbic acid, benzyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, behenyl alcohol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, disodium edta, peg-100 stearate, fragrance.

Coppertone:

Ingredients of Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30

Active IngredientsAvobenzone 2% , Homosalate 13% , Octisalate 5% , Octocrylene 2% , Oxybenzone 4%IngredientsWater , Sorbitol , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Triethanolamine , Stearic Acid , Sorbitan Isostearate , Benzyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate , Tocopherol - Vitamin E , Carbomer , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Disodium EDTA

Hi and thanks for the reply. The Olay is combination/oily. I wonder why Olay doesn't list anti-aging or extra moisturizing ingredients as active ingredients? They call this product a moisturizer so moisturizing ingredients are active ingredients, right? I dunno, it's confusing.

Back