OMG Hair Dye Disaster!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My freind and I just dyed my hair brown. I gave her the gloves they give you in the box and I was using my bare hands to apply -- DUH for me! Anyway my hands now look completely bruised!!!!!! I can't get the dye off! I've tried everything-- including bleach!

Any ideas as to what can take this stuff off! I gotta go to work tommorrow!
icon_cry.gif

I never use gloves, but I always rinse as I go. If noone has an answer I would call the number on the box. I wonder if gasoline would work? or maybe paint thinner?

Tried the toner idea.. didn't work
frown.gif
Thanks though, i may call the number on the box-- thanks for the idea

Tisk Tisk Tisk, lol I never use gloves when I do blonde colors but darker ones I always use. You can find a color remover for skin at Sally's forget the name of it but it works great. I use it around my clients hairlines after I applied the color. If that doesn't work you will most likely have to let it wear off.

Yeah the color remover from Sally's works great. I think its called, "Clean Touch Haircolor Stain Remover"

Well, I've found stuff at the drug store by Scuncci.. it's like a hair comb brand, but they sold hair dye remover towelettes. Really cheap! They work really, really well.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel Is Sally's a store or a name brand? Sorry I'm in Canada and have never heard of it
icon_question.gif
Sally's is a beauty supply store here in the US, I am sure you could find a store just like it around where you are.

I don't know if this would help but maybe soaking your hands in olive oil. I know that it helps for paint. Sorry about your dilemma.

Originally Posted by Marisol I don't know if this would help but maybe soaking your hands in olive oil. I know that it helps for paint. Sorry about your dilemma. Yeah, I was thinking you could use paint thinner or something that they sell at art stores..

do you have sally's store near you if not look up hairdressing supplies on the internet you can get hair dye remover for the skin it works wonders

Originally Posted by Scarlette Well, I've found stuff at the drug store by Scuncci.. it's like a hair comb brand, but they sold hair dye remover towelettes. Really cheap! They work really, really well. I've seen that too!! They actually have a whole kit for preventing dye on the hands, clothes, hairline etc. It even comes w/ a "cape"....I'm at a loss for words. You know what I mean.

You can also try cigarette ashes... old school trick my grandmother used to use... but it works pretty well lol
wink.gif

If you are desperate try checking the eyelash dye section of Shoppers Drug Mart, some of the kits come with dye remover. That's the only place I've ever seen it in Canada.

Also, color removes color...
wink.gif
Not really gonna help you now, but in the future, if you get some on your hairline or wherever, when you go to rinse it out... rub some of your 'color coated' hair over the spots on your skin, and it comes off
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back