OMG! Look how much people are bidding for this e/s!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

How crazy, are you kidding me, are people really willing to bid over 100.00 for a single compact of eye shadow? No way no how, limited edition or not!

i know! it's crazy! i won't pay more than $15 for an eyeshadow. i want some old shadows, so i just keep checking ebay to see if they come up. sometimes they do. but i don't need them bad enough to pay more than $15 including the shipping.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i know! it's crazy! i won't pay more than $15 for an eyeshadow. i want some old shadows, so i just keep checking ebay to see if they come up. sometimes they do. but i don't need them bad enough to pay more than $15 including the shipping. Yeah, I'm the same way... if it's anymore than that - I'll go to Ulta & find a similar color... pay less for it and zero for shipping! LOL (And with all the colors they have, I always come close to what I wanted)
icon_cool.gif

Thats crazy. I wonder why the user Id is private though. May be something fishy going on.

Originally Posted by Marisol Thats crazy. I wonder why the user Id is private though. May be something fishy going on. The private bids are usually for rare or hard to find items. I've heard that people have somehow been stealing ebay stuff by finding out buyer info.

Originally Posted by envymi The private bids are usually for rare or hard to find items. I've heard that people have somehow been stealing ebay stuff by finding out buyer info. Or the names of people crazy enough to spend over $100 on one eyeshadow!! lol

that's CRAZY. i wouldn't spend more than $15 on eyeshadow, either.

that just sparks an idea, though: next time an LE for MAC comes out, i'm gonna buy it and then wait like, 2 months, and then sell it on ebay because if people are willing to pay $100 for an eyeshadow, i'm sure i could make that money, too, right?
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer that's CRAZY. i wouldn't spend more than $15 on eyeshadow, either.
that just sparks an idea, though: next time an LE for MAC comes out, i'm gonna buy it and then wait like, 2 months, and then sell it on ebay because if people are willing to pay $100 for an eyeshadow, i'm sure i could make that money, too, right?
icon_cool.gif

Yeah - buy 2... one for you.. one to sell!
wink.gif
Is this a new color or is it old? I've never seen it before...

Its a good idea - because I see "SOLD OUT" all over ebay - meanwhile it's sitting up at my nearby MAC counter... I wonder where these people live that everything is always 'sold out'! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

That is unbedoggonlievable!!! People go crazy for LE items. Why? there are close/cheaper alternatives out there!! UUUGGGGHHH!!

Anyway in answer to your question, Jasmine came out earlier this year w/the High Tea collection, iirc (and I think I do)
wink.gif
What gets me is that the color really was nothing special!! I had it, hated it and returned it. Had i known I could make $100+ on ebay, I would have kept it!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah - buy 2... one for you.. one to sell!
wink.gif
Is this a new color or is it old? I've never seen it before...

Originally Posted by wongy74 That is so stupid. The color is friggin U-G-L-Y too! PMSL at Jess! You're so funny
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Whoa that's a really good idea!!! maybe I can do that too, if you don't mind my "borrowing" your idea.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
not at all, but just keep in mind my auctions are gonna be prettier than yours and have disco balls
icon_cool.gif

wink.gif

actually, there's one makeup seller, i can't remember what the name was, that lists everything as "SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE" when they're really not and he makes double the money of the item. the people are too lazy to check if it's true, so they bid, not knowing this guy's lying.

LOL! No wonder the bids are kept private. I'd be so embarrassed if I got caught spending $130 on an eyeshadow! That's pure insanity!!!

Latest posts

Back