OMG... What's wrong with UPN?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brit and Kev Get Real

The verdict is out on whether they're expecting a baby, but Britney Spears and Kevin Federline are definitely birthing a reality series.

The singer and her hubby of seven months announced Tuesday that they were teaming with UPN for a six-part series documenting their whirlwind relationship during Spears' ill-fated Onyx Hotel tour and leading up to their much-discussed wedding day.

The series will be composed primarily of home movie footage shot by the twosome--PG-rated only, natch. The trucker hat-favoring, Cheetos-noshing pair will also record original commentary for UPN, as a means of guiding viewers through their story.

"I am so excited about the series," Spears said in a statement. "From the day that Kevin and I met, there have been constant rumors and inaccurate speculation about our lives together."

The unveiling of Spears' reality plans comes after her attack on "false tabloids" in a posting on her Website last week, in which she bashed publications such as Star, Us Weekly and In Touch.

Clearly, the "Toxic" singer hasn't sheathed her claws just yet.

"I feel that last year the tabloids ran my life and I am really excited about showing my fans what really happened rather than all the stories, which have been misconstrued by journalists in the past," Spears stated. "As I mentioned before, I am now going to be expressing my personal life through art. This series will show us falling in love and all the adventures that went on overseas during the European leg of my Onyx Hotel tour. It's going to be an exciting ride."

Meanwhile, K-Fed, apparently a man of fewer words than his pop princess wife, said of the series, "It is a documentation of love."

Spears and Federline will serve as executive producers on the series, giving them the final word on how said "documentation of love" is delivered to the public.

Not surprisingly, UPN was throughly enthused at the prospect of airing the love story of Brit 'n' Kev and reportedly fought long and hard with its Viacom sibling MTV for the privilege.

"Britney Spears is a superstar who is very popular with UPN's viewers, making her and Kevin's show in this format a perfect fit for our network's audience and programming sensibilities," said UPN President Dawn Ostroff in a statement.

Though no official premiere date has been set for the series, Ostroff told Daily Variety that the goal was to begin airing the show during May sweeps next month.

While the series will initially run on UPN, sister nets MTV or VH1 will also air rebroadcasts of the episodes, as well as a marathon broadcast of the series leading up to the finale.

"From her cutting edge videos to her multi-platinum albums, Britney has been a dynamic force in the music industry, MTV and VH1, and we are excited to partner with her on this special project," said MTV's Entertainment President Brian Graden in a statement.

If the show is a hit, the potential storylines for a second season are endless--perhaps some home movies of the delivery of the much-anticipated Spears-Federline offspring?

Of course, one season may be plenty to satiate our curiosity.

Ah. Another day, another reality series! LOL
rolleyes.gif

Oh dam.. i just posted an article about this not realising you had done so already Marisol.. DOH!

Back