Once Upon a Time on ABC... Makeup and Magic

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching ABC's Once Upon a Time?

Makeup anyone?

Being bad looks soooo goood!!!

Source

Her makeup usually keeps the emphasis on her striking eyes and strong lips. "The Evil Queen always has a very strong, dramatic liner — almost bringing back the cat eye a little bit. We didn't want to be too matchy-matchy, but we pull colors from her wardrobe into her eye look. She also has a stronger, deeper lip. There's almost no color on her cheeks; it’s all eyes and lips. We didn’t want to be too cartoonish with the look. It could easily get to that place where it looks too cartoonish."

And then there's snow:

If you’re hooked to the TV because of the interesting Storybrooke plots on ABC’s show “Once Upon a Time,†you’d probably seen how Snow White’s make up looked fresh and dainty. The show’s lead makeup artist Sarah Graham reveals how she makes Ginnifer Goodwin’s Snow White look as much as the character we’ve all grown up with in books, but with a modern twist.

Graham reveals to Refinery29.com what she does to make Snow White pop on the screen.

For that innocent look, Graham says to clean the skin before putting any make up. Since Ginniger has “natural china-doll skin,†they don’t need to make the skin look pale. Instead, they focus on the lips and cheeks by blushing the apples of her cheeks and adding light natural lip color. For the princessy doe-eyed look, Graham says they are “big on lashes†on the show, so she adds a “mix of individual lashes and strip lashes†and use Benefit Eye Bright Pencil for more drama. Don’t forget to clean up your brows! Just look at how perfect Snow White’s eyebrows look on the screen.

Photos by: ABC

Source: Refinery29.com

I would love to find more on the makeup used on the characters.... as I do, I'll post them.

Whenever I watch this show I always end up admiring the makeup, it's extremely well-done for a network show. I especially love the Evil Queen's makeup, both in the fairy tale world and in the real world.

I am thoroughly impressed with the makeup and costumes for this show!!  I wish I were a fly on the wall and watch all the behind the scenes stuff.

I have to admit, the Evil Queen is my favorite character!!

Back