Opening up the Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sometimes I'm afraid to start a thread on this forum because I have the makeup knowledge of your average 10 or 11 year old girl. Basically I'm in makeup kindergarten and some of you are completing your doctoral disertation in cosmetic studies from Harvard. Anyway, I have a problem with my eyes. I have really good lashes for a guy, but my guys always want to close. In pictures, half the time they're shut. Eye doctors hate to see me. I suppose plastic surgery is possible, but what are the makeup tricks to make my eyes look more open. I have OK eyes, but they just always seem to be halfway closed.

Have you tried white eyeliner pencil? I've never tried it, but I've seen the results.

Let me clarify. White eyeliner pencil lined on the inside-bottom part of the eye.

Don't be afraid to ask questions!
smile.gif

I'm a little confused. Are your eyes actually closed, like you blink in pictures? Or are you asking how to make your eyes appear bigger in pictures?

I was confused too, lol. I am the picture taker, b/c most of my pix I blink... but my eyes are also droopy (IMO). Good luck! I need to check out the tut also.

I tend to use alot of mascara, curl them. This opens the eyes up, or try the white eyeliner.

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif Don't be afraid to ask questions!
smile.gif

I'm a little confused. Are your eyes actually closed, like you blink in pictures? Or are you asking how to make your eyes appear bigger in pictures?

I thought it meant she had squinty eyes like Renee Zellweger. idk lol I still think the white liner is good.

Yes, I have squinty eyes like Renee Zellweger. Not a big fan of hers so I hope that is the only thing we have in common
smile.gif
. There are some really useful ideas in here for me.

Thanks for the advice
smile.gif
. I'm going to try the techniques in the link when I practice makeup. It seems simple enough.

Hey Jenny! Here are some of my tips...

Only do eyeliner on the outer corners of your eyes. Keep the line very thin.

Use a shimmery highlighter under your brow and on the inner corners of your eyes.

You can also "wing" your eyeliner to give the illusion of larger eyes.

Line the inner rim of your eyes with a flesh colored pencil. Not white..that may be too stark.

You're very welcome!!

Oh and an excellent "flesh" colored pencil is Benefit Highbrow. It is marketed as a pencil to highlight under the brow (it is great for that) but I LOVE it on the inner rims of the eyes. Gives a very wide eyed look. It retails $18 and will last you a few years.

Good pointer. I know I have a makeup haul coming up soon. I don't have the basics yet alone the extras. I will add one to my list.

Latest posts

Back