OPI Chip Skip

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls!

I've been having problems with my nail varnish chipping & its really bugging me. I was all set to buy OPI Chip Skip this morning on eBay until I saw that you actually apply it UNDER the base coat of the nail varnish. I assumed you'd apply it over the varnish but I was wrong! Now I'm wondering should I buy it at all. Does it actually work? I have OPI Top Coat but that doesn’t stop my varnish chipping so I'd really like something but the chip skip sounds weird!

All opinions welcome!

Originally Posted by Laura Hey girls!
I've been having problems with my nail varnish chipping & its really bugging me. I was all set to buy OPI Chip Skip this morning on eBay until I saw that you actually apply it UNDER the base coat of the nail varnish. I assumed you'd apply it over the varnish but I was wrong! Now I'm wondering should I buy it at all. Does it actually work? I have OPI Top Coat but that doesn’t stop my varnish chipping so I'd really like something but the chip skip sounds weird!

All opinions welcome!

honestly, to me you can use a top coat as a base coat. Some pple don't mind buying both, buts thats just extra unnecessary money to spend. Your own nails has natural oils that prevents nail polish from really staying where as acrylic nails gives it something to adhere to. How to prevent chipping? Apply base coat, two THIN coats of polish, followed by a top coat. Try to keep your hands out of water as much as possible.

I have always found that OPI polish always chips! Try changing the type of polish that you're using, brands that have worked well for me are Maybelline and Sally Hanson (both very affordable).

Thaks for the replies girls.. I have been using OPI's Top Coat as a base coat, then applying 2 thin coats & finally a top coat as you suggested sweetface! But still no joy.

I'm gonna try another type of nail polish like you suggested so ben. OPI isnt available in ireland but i've only ever heard raves about so i bought a few on eBay a few weeks back. Gonna bid on some Sally polishes and see what happens.

THANKS CHICKS
biggrin.gif

Like someone mentioned before..Sally Hansen nail polish lasts a long time..

Buy it..good stuff..i couldnt even scratch it off.
icon_surprised.gif

Hello girlie! How are you
biggrin.gif

We dont have Ethel Austin stores here unfortunately but i'm gonna check out some sally hansen polishes alright. Does anyone know a site where i could see all the shades they have? I cant find swatches on their own site

Good thing you didn't buy the Chip Skip - you would have wasted your money IMO!

I find that it doesn't work on my nails! I've tried it with lots of other brands and it makes the varnish chip quicker - which totally defeats the purpose of it!!

Latest posts

Back