Opi nail polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never tried OPI but I thought I'd give you another recommendation if you don't want to spend the money: I can make any drugstore nail polish last for a full week if I use Sally Hansen's Maximum Adhesion Basecoat and (probably most importantly) Sally Hansen's No-Chip Acrylic Topcoat! Before I found these products, all my nail polish would start chipping in 2-3 days, even with other Sally Hansen topcoats. But this stuff makes it last forever -- I even used this topcoat and basecoat at my wedding, and after a full 8 days of decorating the church, the actual wedding, and then swimming in the ocean every day on the honeymoon, my nails were still barely chipped! I was amazed!
biggrin.gif

I love OPI nail polish, but you can get similar colors and varnishes from the drugstore for more than half the price
icon_biggrin.gif
!!

Yeap they are worth the money. The bottle will last you without gumming up for about 2-3 years, plus the colors are vibrante. Most cheap drug store polish will last you that summer/winter and you will have to replace the following year. If you have the money get it, if not hey pick up some Wet n' Wild.

Originally Posted by barbi53657 ARe they worth the price do they last longer than other polishes? They have formeldehyde in them. I would try Sinful Colors available at your local drugstore.

I only have one but i'm having problems with the polish chipping after 2 days even when i use a base coat & top coat. I'm gonna check out some Sally Hansen polishes next because i've heard they're very good

Originally Posted by quelinda Yeap they are worth the money. The bottle will last you without gumming up for about 2-3 years, plus the colors are vibrante. Most cheap drug store polish will last you that summer/winter and you will have to replace the following year. If you have the money get it, if not hey pick up some Wet n' Wild. That's weird, I've used a lot of drugstore polishes in several brands (I had a rather large collection in high school, now I've narrowed it down to fewer colors), but all of them lasted several years, usually 4-5, before they started getting thick and sticky! Not long ago I threw away the last of my polishes from high school, and I graduated from high school 6 years ago!
If you have problems with polishes lasting, I've heard keeping them in the refrigerator makes them last longer, though I've never tried it myself!

Latest posts

Back