Orange Hair :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently went to my stylist and asked her to dye my hair light brown (it's naturally medium/dark brown). She did, and the ends turned out great, but the roots turned BRIGHT ORANGE. She fixed it a few days later so that now its more of an auburn color. 

Has this ever happened to you before??

Also, I want to be blonde (like a dirty blonde) by summer. But I'm super scared that my hair will turn orange again!

It sounds like your stylist may have tried to raise your hair color by more than one or two shades, which can result in orange tones. If you want to be a dirty blonde in the future, keep going up gradually by one to two shades until you reach your desired color :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

That sounds like a pretty bad experience. It has not happened to me before as I have never died my hair before. If I wanted to change my look or colour I would just prefer to buy hair extensions!

I don't know if you've already had your issue fixed, but when you bleach hair it also needs to be toned (violet toners for bright yellow hair, blue toners for orange.) If she didn't tone it in the same day it's probably because she didn't want to damage your hair too much. :]

Here's a thread with a similar problem: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/25849/help-major-hair-dilemma-yellow-hair

Just make sure you let your hairdresser know that you want to make it ash blonde. You'll probably have to lighten it a few more times to get it to get it there.

Back