Organizational Question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so, in the effort to pare down my stash, yada yada, I finally hit on what seems to be the best (for me) way to organize it: a diaper bag with all "like" products in quart-size Ziplocs. This is easy enough when seperating mascara, lip gloss, lip balm, lip stain....but my question is how would you guys handle eye shadows/pencils? Right now, I'm leaning towards putting all pencils (whether skinny or fat) together, but I can't decide if I should group eyeshadows by shade or by "type" (e.g. cream/loose/etc.--which seems more logical) What do you guys think? 

I would keep them in the same large baggie but I'd want it to be separated by color in smaller baggies, make sense? But that is just me. I hate having to go through a ton of pencils, just to find all my blues.

Ok, I LIKE the way you think there...Smaller bags by color in one larger bag....hmmm...that could work well!

(I did pick up some gallon size and will get some sandwich-size as well).

The reason this seems a good choice for me is that I have a BAD habit of grabbing the things I need out of my makeup drawers and NOT PUTTING THEM back. With them in bags in a carry-bag, it seems like it makes putting them away easier, plus it's easy to see what I do or don't need....and also makes it easy to carry over to friends' houses when we are having grown up play dates ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would organize by type. Personally, I would not use a powder shadow and a cream shadow together (haven't had good luck trying that). That would be the most logical for me.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so, in the effort to pare down my stash, yada yada, I finally hit on what seems to be the best (for me) way to organize it: a diaper bag with all "like" products in quart-size Ziplocs. This is easy enough when seperating mascara, lip gloss, lip balm, lip stain....but my question is how would you guys handle eye shadows/pencils? Right now, I'm leaning towards putting all pencils (whether skinny or fat) together, but I can't decide if I should group eyeshadows by shade or by "type" (e.g. cream/loose/etc.--which seems more logical) What do you guys think? 
You know that's ALMOST like how one of the MUA I read about in one of the issues of Makeup Artists Magazine organizes his traveling kit. He uses the clear, rigid, bags for like items then puts those items in a larger bag to travel with.

Latest posts

Back