Oscar nominations for Best Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oscar noms came out today and of course, I immediately went to see who was nominated for Best Acheivement in Makeup. Three very different films. Any predictions?

LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS

Make-up Artist Bill Corso

PASSION OF THE CHRIST

Make-up Artists Keith Vanderlaan and Christian Tinsley

THE SEA INSIDE

Make-up Artist Jo Allen

I love them!!!

You find ones to fit every post. I love it!
smile.gif

I'm afraid I haven't seen any of these movies... so I'm going to let you vote for me Joy! LOL

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm afraid I haven't seen any of these movies... so I'm going to let you vote for me Joy! LOL

Same here. Joy, it's all you baby!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm afraid I haven't seen any of these movies... so I'm going to let you vote for me Joy! LOL

LOL!
I haven't seen "The Sea Inside" -- but now I have to, so I'll let you know. I only recommend "Passion" for those with strong stomachs -- it's pretty intense! And interesting, because the make-up department worked very closely with the visual effects department (computer CGI) to pull off several sequences. I suspect some controversy on this one!
smile.gif

I'm with Janelle & Gail! Sorry joy!.. I'll vote anyway & take a guesss.. Do i win a prize if i who choose to win, wins!! (just kidding)

Yes, I saw Passion and it was pretty intense. havent seen the others.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux LOL!
I haven't seen "The Sea Inside" -- but now I have to, so I'll let you know. I only recommend "Passion" for those with strong stomachs -- it's pretty intense! And interesting, because the make-up department worked very closely with the visual effects department (computer CGI) to pull off several sequences. I suspect some controversy on this one!
smile.gif

Nice new avatar Scarlette!

BTW, where in the Bay Area are you from? I was born & raised in Menlo Park, on the Peninsula.

Originally Posted by Scarlette Hey thanks! I live about 15 minutes from Menlo Park , right over the bridge in Newark. hehhe!
icon_exclaim.gif
Cool cool!
smile.gif

Bump!

Didya know... although it's called the award for best acheivement in make-up, the Oscar is shared between the key make-up designer & key hair stylist.

Latest posts

Back