Other than color, Why do you use the lipstick you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm always interested in why women choose the products they choose!! Especially lipstick.. There's soooo many to choose from, how do you decide what works and what doesn't? And what are the special things about your lipstick?

I'm probably strange (she sure is, your thinking!! Lol) and I don't deny it... But besides color and texture I choose L'oreal Colour Riche because it tastes great and smells wonderful and cleans up very nicely!! Do all lipsticks smell and taste great?? I've used a few that had no taste or smell..

Karren

I'm big on lipsticks that smell nice too
smile.gif

Well there are many things that contribute to what makes a lipstick "good"

-Does it smell and taste good?

-Does is stay on?

-Does it dry out your lips?

-Does the color stay true?

Personally I am not a lipstick fan, I generally wear gloss. But when I do buy a lipstick I prefer it to be semi-glossy or sheer. I don't like glitter or shimmer lipsticks, they feel gritty on the lips. I also prefer it to have little or no taste or smell. I love Benefit Lipsticks.

I've not worn lipstick in over a year! I'm only wearing gloss now. I pick the ones that taste good, are really shiny, not horribly sticky and have some staying power.

Victoria's Secret's Beauty Rush Gloss provides the results I look for. It's the best I've used in a while.

I love lipsticks that have an SPF in them. It's nice to know that I'm keeping my lips healthy while looking and feeling good. I like a lipstick that is a bit more sheer and a little glossy. I own one or two lipsticks that are matte and I have to mix them with gloss otherwise they are too drying. I wear gloss more than lipstick though.

I have stuck with my MAC viva glam v lipglass since it came out. It feels good on my lips and it stays on an incredibly long time considering........

I'm not normally a lipstick kinda gal. I like to put the lip liner all over my lips then top off with glaze or gloss - whichever is handy!

Color is the main factor in lipstick for me. Really, the only other important thing for me would be if it smelled/tasted good. Most of my lipsticks are MAC, because I love the smell of their lip products.

I love lipsticks and I like them to stay on a long time and don't have too much glitters (because it's not so easy for me to wear glitters/sparkles during day-time).

So beside color, long-lasting and natural looking are the most important qualities for a lipstick to me!

The lipstick has to feel good and smell good when I am wearing it. Though for ease of use I usually wear gloss.

Latest posts

Back