Outdoorsy???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sorry if thats not a word, but it works. am curious(nosy) to know how many girls on here enjoy some type of outdoor activity? hunting,fishing,riding ATV's, outdoor sports such as soccer or softball, anything of that nature? how does it affect your beauty/skincare style? know there is more to it than just washing the sweat off. myself, i am outside every possible minute i can getaway with it, especially this time of year!

living in Paris, i'm kinda limited in outdoor activity.

but when i used to live in Brittany, i loved to go almost daily walking on the seashore (an old path custom officers used to take to arrest pirates during the night without being spotted
wink.gif
). nothing like spindrifts for me.

i didn't have to the occasion to learn sailing, but that's definitely my plan as soon as i can.

i learned a few things :

-wear glasses and absolutely not contacts (don't forget sunglasses)

-wear minimal makeup, and if possible waterproof (especially mascara), i always take a lipbalm with me

-wear comfortable sport shoes, boots or running shoes

-use a heavier moisturizer, especially when having sensitive skin because the wind is cold and carrying sand

-wear sunscreen, because you can burn before you know it

-during winter, pullover and a good coat are necessary (lol, and an umbrella because it's true it rains often in Brittany)

-always have a bottle of water in your bag so you're not dehydrated (well, that's common sense)

-i'd say on the seashore, always wear a swimsuit under your clothes and have a towel in your bag, especially when hanging out with friends (there's always one who's gonna propose to end the day at the beach).

i love the outdoors!! running, hiking, biking, skiing. i used to fish quite a bit.

i keep things to a minimum when doing them.

basics are good moisturizer in the winter (skiing) to avoid a chapped face

sunscreen always! don't forget neck and chest.

lip balm with sunscreen

hat to avoid scalp sunburn and just to keep sun of of your face.

makeup...maybe a bit of blush and a quick swipe of h2o proof mascara and that spf lipbalm with a tint.

honestly i think a fresh face rosy from outdoor activity looks better than the best applied makeup. healthy and active looks amazing!!

for my major i have to be outside alot, so i always bring sunscreen with me in my backpack during the school year in case we do go outside (which is usually most days).

I am just into sports (cheering, soccer). For each of them, it's always lip balm and lotion, oh, and vaseline for those really dry, cold, windy days.

I'm outdoorsy but I don't actually go outdoors much anymore. But I love to hike, fish, go camping, etc.

My wife and I go camping a lot.... up until a few years ago it was all tent... but we broke down and bought a small pop-up camper after the vacation from hell.. lol Rained for like 3 days straight... and the water-proffing on the tent lasted about 30 hours... EVERYTHING was wet.... We still walk and hike a lot too

I'm not much of an outdoor girl but I do enjoy camping and hike, my boyfriend just love to fish and some times I go with him. in Israel the sun is very strong so we must take sunscreen with us.

the only outdoorsy thing i do is skiing and that just means extra sunscreen moisturiser and sunglasses

Oh yes, i definitly do the outdoors, lol. I hunt (which is coming up reaaal sonn
biggrin.gif
yay!!!), I fish, and camp out about once a year. I dont wear any makeup, other than a lip balm.. But for my skin the key ingredients are a good moisturizer, a good sunscreen, and just some lip balm and a hat.

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh yes, i definitly do the outdoors, lol. I hunt (which is coming up reaaal sonn
biggrin.gif
yay!!!), I fish, and camp out about once a year. I dont wear any makeup, other than a lip balm.. But for my skin the key ingredients are a good moisturizer, a good sunscreen, and just some lip balm and a hat. NO MAKEUP!!! Are you allowed to say that here?? Must be some sort of anti-makeup rule on MUT.. You might get expelled from the club!! Lol.
So what do you hunt, April?

Karren

I like to hike, cross country ski, fishing, canoeing, and swimming. I just wear face moisturizer, sunscreen and lip balm.

If I go hiking, skiing, canoeing I take water, first aid kit, matches, whistle, small survival kit with me just in case of an emergency.

Depending on where I am hiking, I always carry a stick with me, especially in areas where there are bears.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif NO MAKEUP!!! Are you allowed to say that here?? Must be some sort of anti-makeup rule on MUT.. You might get expelled from the club!! Lol.
So what do you hunt, April?

Karren

Just deer and squirrel
cowboy.gif
never killed anything though, lol
but I can catch fish

I like to go fishing with my boyfriend, I always bring a necesseties bag for me its...

*sunscreen

*chapstick/vaseline

*sunglasses

*oil blotting sheets

*antibacterial gel/ wipies

*sometimes waterproof mascara

*and some body splash

He always bothers me about how I need to get so ready and take a shower before going fishing.

I don't hunt, just can't do it!
frown.gif
I love to play volleyball and hike. Gives you very sexy legs.
wink.gif
It actually doesn't affect my skin/skin care at all.

thanks for all the good tips! i spend most of the year waiting for deer season, and the squirrels are already legal here. try my best to get out all year long, but hide inside when its really cold. not the most graceful person in the world, so most sports are tough for me but i play a little softball sometimes. love to go hiking and will on occasion sit down and try to draw what i see. not too good at that either, but it soothes me. Psssst, hi Karren!

I like to hike in the mountains, take long motorcycles rides, hang out by the pool fish, go to the beach...I grew up in Florida and I really miss the beach.

I wear makup even when I'm outside but I keep it simple with my everyday routine...spf primer, foundation, powder, eyeliner, mascara, and lip balm...Except when I'm at the pool or beach. For me there's no point in wearing makeup if I'm going to get wet.

I like going to the beach and after I get laser surgery I'll love it even more. I like to go cycling in the parks and I enjoy walking in the bush too.

Latest posts

Back