OY, been up all night cooking spaghetti sauce....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
it takes me 2 days to cook my sauce. well my mom told me to make it wed so i thought she meant to start it wed to eat on thursday but no, i found out at like 11pm so i was scrambling to get everything started.

it's now 5ami need to get a couple hours sleep b4 i start cooking again. i still have to add more meat to the sauce but it was frozen last night when i started it. I still have to brown the ground beef and cut up the sausage.

and the sauce still needs to cook down more b4 i add all of this.

If i can't sleep i am just going to turn it back on and keep cooking.

talk to ya'll later

You're making me hungry Ang! I'm coming over!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Wow, small world! I spent all day cooking the same thing! Hope urs is as good as mine was!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I use a crockpot so I can live it all day to cook. Is it a family recipe?

Originally Posted by Anya1976 it takes me 2 days to cook my sauce. well my mom told me to make it wed so i thought she meant to start it wed to eat on thursday but no, i found out at like 11pm so i was scrambling to get everything started.it's now 5ami need to get a couple hours sleep b4 i start cooking again. i still have to add more meat to the sauce but it was frozen last night when i started it. I still have to brown the ground beef and cut up the sausage.

talk to ya'll later

What time's dinner? I hope we are all invited..lol Sounds like youve been busy!

dinner is at 5pm lol

i pretty much learned how to make sauce from my grandpa and he learned from his italian grandmother who came from tuscany. I"ve added myown flair to the sauce but its prettty much his recipe. and yea i never make mine in the crock pot lol it's in the "big pot" since the crockpot we have isn't big enough for the amount of sauce i make since i make a huge pot and then freeze the rest.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You're making me hungry Ang! I'm coming over!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
get yer butt in the car and c'mon over lol just bring a loaf of bread since we only have one and that won't be enough
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally I learned from my mom ..who learned from her mom ..who came directly from Sicily. I remember growing up ...and the smells ..YUMMY! And taking some italian bread towards the end of the sauces cooking and ..my mom would spread some sauce on top ...YUMMY! I have a large crock pot ..but still can't bring myself around to using it for sauce! It's like Italian blasphemy! LOL yes it is loli like to take the time to cook my sauce. i just turned it back on an hour ago I added my sausage to the pot (there was enough room lol it cooked down enough)

Originally Posted by Naturally I learned from my mom ..who learned from her mom ..who came directly from Sicily. I remember growing up ...and the smells ..YUMMY! And taking some italian bread towards the end of the sauces cooking and ..my mom would spread some sauce on top ...YUMMY! I have a large crock pot ..but still can't bring myself around to using it for sauce! It's like Italian blasphemy! LOL so you must be like me do you use measuring tools when making it? cusi never do i wrote out my recipe once for friends online and i had to guess at how much i used.

I never measure either ...

Originally Posted by Anya1976 so you must be like me do you use measuring tools when making it? cusi never do i wrote out my recipe once for friends online and i had to guess at how much i used.

Originally Posted by lilla I never measure either ... most people i know don't lol but then it's hard to write out everything lol

Ooh I bet it's going to be good! Sauces that are cooked for a long time like that are usually the best!

mmmm.... spaghetti! i've never had homecooked stuff. i don't think i've ever had like a real italian meal. only at like olive garden. lol

Originally Posted by Anya1976 it takes me 2 days to cook my sauce. well my mom told me to make it wed so i thought she meant to start it wed to eat on thursday but no, i found out at like 11pm so i was scrambling to get everything started.it's now 5ami need to get a couple hours sleep b4 i start cooking again. i still have to add more meat to the sauce but it was frozen last night when i started it. I still have to brown the ground beef and cut up the sausage.

talk to ya'll later

Ha Ha Ha....LMAO....Angela, "2 days" to make sauce ??? Whatta ya cookin' for an Army????
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Ha Ha Ha....LMAO....Angela, "2 days" to make sauce ??? Whatta ya cookin' for an Army????
tongue.gif
no not an army. just my mom dad and 2 brothers but i make a pot big enough to have a few meals out of it. i cook it and then we have dinner then freeze the rest.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Ooh I bet it's going to be good! Sauces that are cooked for a long time like that are usually the best! well of course i think my sauce is the best lol

Originally Posted by Liz mmmm.... spaghetti! i've never had homecooked stuff. i don't think i've ever had like a real italian meal. only at like olive garden. lol OMG really?olive garden is good but homecooked is always better.

I always make a double batch, never took me 2 days....- I'm still hysterical !!!

Originally Posted by K*O* I always make a double batch, never took me 2 days....- I'm still hysterical !!! well it doesnt HAVE to take 2 days but i LIKE to cook it long so it isn't as watery as it could be. i cook it longer so it's nice and thick. no reason to laugh. it's just how i started doing it and LIKE doing it this way.

Latest posts

Back