Pantene pro v extra straight

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought some pantene extra straight shampoo today. Has anyone used this before, if so is it any goood? I'm looking for something to help make my hair straight. I have thick, frizzy hair that has natural body. I have bought the conair infinity blow dryer which helps a lot then I use my Jilbere tourmaline deparis flat iron. My hair looks good after I do that, but i'm looking to help cut down on the heat. Is this shampoo any good for that?

I do not know much about products off the shelfs but I know a lot about the ingredients in products. And from what I have experienced with going to different hair shows and classes, is that Pantene uses a wax in their shampoos/conditoners. This creates build up on the hair as well as weighing it down. So if you ever want to color it, the color wont be able to break through the hair follicle. Also, since you have thick hair, with continued use, it will weigh it down even more. A shampoo that I have rave reviews on is Straight Sexy Hair by Sexy concepts. Also, Smooth Down by Redken is good.

Ive heard the same from my stylist.I also tried a straightening shampoo,it didnt work.I don't think any of them do.

Thanks. I'll have to try the redken smooth down. I've got extreme by redken, bed head's self absorbed, Catwalk oatmeal & honey, biolage color care, redken all soft and joico k pak....so I think it might be a while before I can get any more.

Thanks. I'll have to try the redken smooth down. I've got extreme by redken, bed head's self absorbed, Catwalk oatmeal & honey, biolage color care, redken all soft and joico k pak....so I think it might be a while before I can get any more.

Back