Paris

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was on holidays in my brother's home, in Paris, last week. I was born in Paris, like my mother and borther. I grew up in this town and also in Poitiers, an old town in the middle-west of France.
tongue.gif

The Louvre is an old castle and now one of the famoust museum in the world (the Joconde, Mona Lisa is in it, for example)

Let me tell you Paris...

01 "LP 02" - the entrance hall of the Louvre

02 "paris016" - Me...
icon_redface.gif

03 "LP 03" - The Louvre, from the court

04 "LP 16" - Paris and La Seine, from a bridge of M. Eiffel

05 "LP 17" - Notre-Dame de PAris (church where Casimodo lived, but it's a legend...
wink.gif
)

06 "LP 36" - Inside the Louvre

07 "LP 41" - Jewels of some kings and queens

08 "LP 45" - La Joconde (Leonardo Da Vinci)

09 "LP 46" - The right side of the Louvre, from the left side (through a window
tongue.gif
)

10 "LP 63a" - for people who likes ancient Egypt

Marie thanks for sharing those pics. I LOVE them! Paris is one of the places that I hope to visit one day. I totally want to see the Louvre for myself... until one day.... I can only dream, huh? Its beautiful! Thanks again for the wonderful pictures.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Marie-Line I was on holidays in my brother's home, in Paris, last week. I was born in Paris, like my mother and borther. I grew up in this town and also in Poitiers, an old town in the middle-west of France.
tongue.gif
The Louvre is an old castle and now one of the famoust museum in the world (the Joconde, Mona Lisa is in it, for example)

Let me tell you Paris...

01 - Me...
icon_redface.gif

02 - The Louvre, from the court

03 - Paris and La Seine, from a bridge of M. Eiffel

04 - Notre-Dame de PAris (church where Casimodo lived, but it's a legend...
wink.gif
)

05 - Inside the Louvre

06 - La Joconde (Leonardo Da Vinci)

07 - The right side of the Louvre, from the left side (through a window
tongue.gif
)

Thanks a lot!!!

May be I could guide all of MuT people who want to come to Paris, I will be glad to de that!!!

I was wondering where you disappeared to Marie-Line! Glad you had a lovely time & thanks for the great photos!

We can have a MuT field trip!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

(Everyone have their permission slips ?!?!? lol)

Those were AMAZING Marie!!!! Those buildings are so beautiful! And so were those JEWELS!!!
icon_eek.gif
LOL Was that the real Mona Lisa? The Egyptian exhibit is SO COOL! I love that stuff!!! AWESOME PICTURES!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marie-Line

I was on holidays in my brother's home, in Paris, last week. I was born in Paris, like my mother and borther. I grew up in this town and also in Poitiers, an old town in the middle-west of France.
tongue.gif

Let me tell you Paris...

01 "LP 02" - the entrance hall of the Louvre

02 "paris016" - Me...
icon_redface.gif

03 "LP 03" - The Louvre, from the court

04 "LP 16" - Paris and La Seine, from a bridge of M. Eiffel

05 "LP 17" - Notre-Dame de PAris (church where Casimodo lived, but it's a legend...
wink.gif
)

06 "LP 36" - Inside the Louvre

07 "LP 41" - Jewels of some kings and queens

08 "LP 45" - La Joconde (Leonardo Da Vinci)

09 "LP 46" - The right side of the Louvre, from the left side (through a window
tongue.gif
)

10 "LP 63a" - for people who likes ancient Egypt

Whoa! Those are cool pictures Marie! Happy to have you back!

oh yes it's the real Mona Lisa

and the egyptian body is real too

I'm happy everybody like the pics

lol thanks all, sorry for being a lot on holidays this time, but I'm looking for a job and so I go to different cities, and when I'm in cities I visit! lol

I love that

I don't have a computer to go to MuT everytimes... but I would be happy if yes!!!lol

I'm glad to be back too and see you all

BIG KISS FROM FRANCE!!!!

other jewels (from Napoleon Bonaparte and his wife and daughter, from Louis XVI and Louis XVIII, etc) very important kings and emprors.

I like jewels too
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 We can have a MuT field trip!!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(Everyone have their permission slips ?!?!? lol)

Those were AMAZING Marie!!!! Those buildings are so beautiful! And so were those JEWELS!!!
icon_eek.gif
LOL Was that the real Mona Lisa? The Egyptian exhibit is SO COOL! I love that stuff!!! AWESOME PICTURES!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

do you know the diamond "Le Regent"?

the famoust diamond, from India

it was on the first picture of jewels, on the first topic, and it's the biggest one

this picture of La Joconde is much better (thanks photoshop!)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

the second and the third one are Paris

the fourth picture is also from the Louvre, it's only a cieling but not a usual cieling I think
icon_wink.gif

I hope you like

Those jewels are sooo beautiful! Thanks for posting!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marie-Line other jewels (from Napoleon Bonaparte and his wife and daughter, from Louis XVI and Louis XVIII, etc) very important kings and emprors.I like jewels too
tongue.gif

Oh what nice pictures! Thanks for posting them! I would love to go to Paris someday. I'm very interested in France and french stuff. I just bought some french wine glasses and now I'm looking at Apilco dinnerware.
icon_wink.gif
Please tell us more about France and french women.

Just beautiful ! I don't know when I'll ever get a chance to see France, looks so cultural....Also would love to see my home land of Sicily...anyone that has pics of Italy, please post.....

Originally Posted by Marie-Line do you know the diamond "Le Regent"?the famoust diamond, from India

it was on the first picture of jewels, on the first topic, and it's the biggest one

is that the one all the way to the left? Kind of only see it from the side? If so, that thing Is HUGE!!!! I really like the emerald tiara
wink.gif
My birthstone
smile.gif

I've been to Italy when I was a little girl and I remember liking it a lot. And I love Italian food! I remember during that vacation in Italy I gained 10 pounds in 1 week from all the foods I ate. I would love to go back someday. A friend of mine went and bought 5 handbags and they are all so cute! I would love to go shopping in Italy for shoes and handbags. I think I would go crazy.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yes the circlet is in gold with 2490 diamonds ; 56 emeralds! It's amazing but really amazing to see it in real!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The collar of the first message has 32 emeralds and 1138 diamonds, in gold and silver.

I took the baords where everything is writing about the jewels!
cool.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 is that the one all the way to the left? Kind of only see it from the side? If so, that thing Is HUGE!!!! I really like the emerald tiara
wink.gif
My birthstone
smile.gif

Italy and southern-France are wuite the same : WONDERFUL. I loved to visite Italy, it was splendid! I never went to Venice but I would love it (my mother too).

French women are like every women I think, but we have specific methods to take care of us. Like scandinavians with sauna and snow! brrr... lol

I know you're scandinavian Reija, and I would love to visite those countries.

As you can see, we read the same magazines, but inside is very different (except Glamour). I don't know if ELLE (SHE) is the same inside and keep its french touch', but I hope.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Oh what nice pictures! Thanks for posting them! I would love to go to Paris someday. I'm very interested in France and french stuff. I just bought some french wine glasses and now I'm looking at Apilco dinnerware.
icon_wink.gif
Please tell us more about France and french women.

I think you have to visit it again!!! lol

You have to go to the right places and the good streets, and yes it's often cold in Paris... But in summer everybody swim into the basin of the Champs de Mars, in front of the Eiffel Tower, and it's funny.

Latest posts

Back