Partial Birth Abortion!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
9,509
Reaction score
3
Oh, and anyone who quotes Cristianity as a reason why abortion is wrong, please remember we are not all Christian.

 
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
1,864
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sirvinya Oh, and anyone who quotes Cristianity as a reason why abortion is wrong, please remember we are not all Christian. true, and you don't even have to have a religion to think that it's wrong. i'm a christian but that has nothing to do with why i think it's wrong.
 
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
1,864
Reaction score
0
well this topic is really getting fired up. everyone needs to just understand that everyone has there own point of view and opinion on this. in the end God will be the one to judge us.(even though some of you don't believe in God, but you know what i mean).

 
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
1,864
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten Andrea, you're wasting your breath. Rabid pro-lifers don't care about the truth and facts. I would walk away from this now because engaging in these discussions is a waste of any sane person's time. I'm a medical professional and someone who's done a lot of research on abortions and stem cell research. No matter how many times you tell these people that partial birth abortion is only used in extreme circumstances they'll always pervert the truth to suit their goals.To them the life of a deformed unborn fetus is more important than the life of a living human being (the mother).

I do wonder what they would do if they were put in a situation where they knew that a) their child would be born severely deformed or B) they would die delivering. Would they chose to carry to term anyway? Or would they put their lives above that of an unborn fetus?

sorry i wasn't going to say anything else, but just out of curiosity. are you calling all people against abortion rabid and not caring to hear the truth and facts? my son was born w/ spina bifida and my husband has a cousin who had baby w/down syndrome and neither of us would had gotten an abortion if we knew before. sorry not trying to start anything i just thought i should mention that.
 
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sirvinya *beats head against wall*
How about this:

We all agree to disagree and accept that everyone else has different feelings to you.

Read these:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" - Voltaire

I will agree to disagree. However, quoting Voltaire might not be the best thing to do...after all, he was one of the most influential philosophers during the "Age of Enlightenment." But in reality, it was a new "Dark Age" for France...which is one of the reasons why France plunged deeper into the Age of Enlightenment. Buuut, besides that fact, I still agree to disagree. :3 Sorry. I'm such a history nut. (...actually, the same goes for all other fields having to do with education.)
 
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
2,119
Reaction score
0
There are no absolutes in life therefore I think people should have options especially in extreme circumstances. Everyone should be allowed to draw their own line that they won't cross and others should respect that.

 
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
9,509
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by DG_14 I will agree to disagree. However, quoting Voltaire might not be the best thing to do...after all, he was one of the most influential philosophers during the "Age of Enlightenment." But in reality, it was a new "Dark Age" for France...which is one of the reasons why France plunged deeper into the Age of Enlightenment. Buuut, besides that fact, I still agree to disagree. :3 Sorry. I'm such a history nut. (...actually, the same goes for all other fields having to do with education.) I don't actually know anything about Voltaire but those 2 quotes do sum up what I feel about this kind of argument, ie: you have your opinion, I have mine, let's leave it at that.
 
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
1,864
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by dixiewolf Is that him in your avatar? He is cute! Hi, Charish's son! lol lol, thanks. that's my first son , if you look in my profile my baby is the one w/ spina bifida. butyou would never know if you saw him.
 
Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
3,641
Reaction score
1
Location
Lakeland, Florida
Originally Posted by charish lol, thanks. that's my first son , if you look in my profile my baby is the one w/ spina bifida. butyou would never know if you saw him. Oops. Aww, he's just as cute. I love the little cowboy hat!
 
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
1,864
Reaction score
0
lol. that's ok. thank you very much. they're both my lil angels.

 
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
4,603
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten PLEASE READ WHAT I'M WRITING AND COMPREHEND THIS SO I CAN FINALLY STOP REPEATING MYSELF!!!!!Partial abortions ARE ILLEGAL unless the mother will die if she carries to term or the baby is severely deformed. YOU CANNOT WALK INTO THE ABORTION CLINIC WHEN 6 MONTHS PREGNANT AND ASK FOR ONE!!!!!

Again, PARTIAL ABORTIONS ARE ILLEGAL IN US! No one here is advocating them as a method of birth control. If your child is missing limbs but is otherwise healthy then by all means chose to carry him to term. But what if the child has severe brain damage and has no chances of surviving past delivery? Are you still going to chose to continue the pregnancy and deliver a stillborn baby?

I know that, but I thought you were referring to any deformities in the baby, not just deformities so severe that the baby would probably not live past birth. Sorry
However I don't think I could ever bring myself to kill an unborn baby when it still had a heartbeat like charish said (post #62) but I can certainly understand why someone would want a partial-birth abortion in such a case. A tough decision for everyone involved, I think...

Originally Posted by dixiewolf An earlier post said someone knew a lady who had her period during her pregnancy, I know someone also who never missed a period during her whole pregnancy, she didnt know until the baby was almost born, I dont think she would have aborted it anyways though, but she didnt even get big. My psych professor told us another story of a women who never knew she was pregnant -- she had her period all 9 months and only gained about 10 lbs. When she went into labor she thought it was just bad cramps and went to the ER and came home with a baby! (The professor was saying that it's enough of an adjustment when you have 7-8 months to plan for a baby, imagine having only a few hours!) So maybe it happens more often than I thought!

Originally Posted by dixiewolf If you want to get all religious, isnt taking the pill wrong to very religious believers? I'm not trying to start a new discussion here, but just to answer the question .... The Catholic's church official position is that all birth control (including condoms, etc) is wrong because it interferes with God's will for you to have children. (They still allow natural family planning though.) But I think that's because they believe the main purpose of marriage is for procreation. But I'm not Catholic so someone correct me if I'm wrong

However, a few conservative non-Catholics (like myself) believe that the pill is wrong for other reasons. While the main mechanism of the pill (or any hormonal bc including the patch or the shot) is to prevent ovulation, we all know that abstinance is the only 100% effective method of bc
So on the rare occasions that a women does ovulate on the pill, the pill also acts as a spermicide (by thickening the mucus, I think) and thins the lining of the uterus to help prevent the implantation of a fertlized egg. Well, if you believe that life begins at conception (fertilization), then aborting a fertilized egg is killing a life. However I know this is a rather extreme view -- I have many pro-life Christian friends and family who still take the pill, either not knowing about the implantation issue, or not caring since women naturally abort fertilized eggs sometimes. (For the record, hubby and I see nothing wrong with barrier methods since that is preventing fertilization and a life is never created.)

So that was just to clarify, not to start a new debate on birth control, no one take offense please


 
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
2,186
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by girl_geek I'm not trying to start a new discussion here, but just to answer the question .... The Catholic's church official position is that all birth control (including condoms, etc) is wrong because it interferes with God's will for you to have children. (They still allow natural family planning though.) But I think that's because they believe the main purpose of marriage is for procreation. But I'm not Catholic so someone correct me if I'm wrong
As far as I know that's right
(But I'm not a very good Catholic
)

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sirvinya *beats head against wall*
How about this:

We all agree to disagree and accept that everyone else has different feelings to you.

Read these:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" - Voltaire

AMEN SISTER and i mean that in a non-religious way!
 
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Sirvinya I don't actually know anything about Voltaire but those 2 quotes do sum up what I feel about this kind of argument, ie: you have your opinion, I have mine, let's leave it at that. All righty then. I agree with what you say, though. (Sorry...like I said, I'm a history nut. :3)
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
Originally Posted by Naturally I'll speak my opinion and be done. I'm a Pro-choice person, always have been. I've had 5 pregnancies and 2 children that I LOVE dearly and 1 miscarriage ...figure the rest out for yourself as I will NOT defend the reasons as they are my own.
This is a subject that NOT everyone is necessarily right in because there are too many factors that can play into it...and everyone has their own opinion on it..right or wrong in everyone elses eyes! Whether it's from religious roots or not. Let's be free to state our opinions and not offend anyone ..if you ARE offended ...LEAVE THIS THREAD!

awesome post, Kim. I respect you a lot for being so honest about your own situation. :icon_love you made an important point: it´s every woman´s own decision, the circumstances are a big factor in this topic. every case is different and judging women who make a hard decision out of a probably difficult situation is wrong.

 
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
9,509
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by DG_14 All righty then. I agree with what you say, though. (Sorry...like I said, I'm a history nut. :3) *spreads the love*
Hey, it's ok! I've bookmarked a couple of sites to learn about Voltaire now.

 
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
1,864
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by girl_geek I know that, but I thought you were referring to any deformities in the baby, not just deformities so severe that the baby would probably not live past birth. Sorry
However I don't think I could ever bring myself to kill an unborn baby when it still had a heartbeat like charish said (post #62) but I can certainly understand why someone would want a partial-birth abortion in such a case. A tough decision for everyone involved, I think...


My psych professor told us another story of a women who never knew she was pregnant -- she had her period all 9 months and only gained about 10 lbs. When she went into labor she thought it was just bad cramps and went to the ER and came home with a baby! (The professor was saying that it's enough of an adjustment when you have 7-8 months to plan for a baby, imagine having only a few hours!) So maybe it happens more often than I thought!

I'm not trying to start a new discussion here, but just to answer the question .... The Catholic's church official position is that all birth control (including condoms, etc) is wrong because it interferes with God's will for you to have children. (They still allow natural family planning though.) But I think that's because they believe the main purpose of marriage is for procreation. But I'm not Catholic so someone correct me if I'm wrong


However, a few conservative non-Catholics (like myself) believe that the pill is wrong for other reasons. While the main mechanism of the pill (or any hormonal bc including the patch or the shot) is to prevent ovulation, we all know that abstinance is the only 100% effective method of bc
So on the rare occasions that a women does ovulate on the pill, the pill also acts as a spermicide (by thickening the mucus, I think) and thins the lining of the uterus to help prevent the implantation of a fertlized egg. Well, if you believe that life begins at conception (fertilization), then aborting a fertilized egg is killing a life. However I know this is a rather extreme view -- I have many pro-life Christian friends and family who still take the pill, either not knowing about the implantation issue, or not caring since women naturally abort fertilized eggs sometimes. (For the record, hubby and I see nothing wrong with barrier methods since that is preventing fertilization and a life is never created.)

So that was just to clarify, not to start a new debate on birth control, no one take offense please


YES. exactly. i would never downgrade anyone for having an abortion for a dangerous reason or if something bad really happened, and they felt like that was the best or most safe choice for them. as for myself, i don't know how exactly i would feel if something bad were to happen to cause me to get pregnant or threaten my life or my baby's. but as for now i don't think i could ever kill my innocent baby with a chance he or she would be healthy and ok. i do feel bad for girls who have to make that decision. i feel bad for the innocent babies too. they're more than a fetus they are a human being developing. never done anything wrong or anything. but well anyways for you ladies who have had abortions, i'm sure you just thought you were doing the right thing for whatever reason it was. i hope anyways. and i hope that it was in as far in the beginning as possible. like i said before, we are all only human, and mistakes we made in the past or today i hope we learned from and don't repeat . i know some people do have regrets on having abortions. it is something you have to live w/ the rest of your life. well i think i've said what all i've felt like saying on this topic, or at least for now. and whether you believe in God or not for whatever reason. God bless you all and no matter how we feel about any situation, we are not the one to judge. at least not when our time is up on earth. that is for God to do. and that is how i feel, whether you agree or disagree, that's it. i have learned through experience through other mistakes and having my children that you can only be the best person you know how to be.
 

Latest posts

Top