Partial Birth Abortion!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am COMPLETELY pro-choice. But, if the child is that much developed and could survive outside the womb, adoption should be the only choice. Touchy subject! I like it though, gets everyone thinking.

Some reasons why a baby might be aborted in the 2nd trimester:

-There are mental or physical health problems related to the pregnancy.

-The fetus has been found to be dead, badly malformed, or suffering from a very serious genetic defect. This is often only detectable late in the second trimester.

Or the third:

-The fetus is dead.

-The fetus is alive, but continued pregnancy would place the woman's life in severe danger.

-The fetus is alive, but continued pregnancy would grievously damage the woman's health and/or disable her.

-The fetus is so malformed that it can never gain consciousness and will die shortly after birth. Many which fall into this category have developed a very severe form of hydrocephalus.

I guess I feel if a woman chooses this method, she has a good reason, and I try not to question it. This procedure is not common, it is not like it is performed on a regular basis. I hope I never have to make a decision such as this, but I don't feel it is very likely this procedure is used for birth control.

I am 100% pro-choice. I cannot begin to stress how easy it is for people to say what a horrible thing it is from the outside looking in.

Originally Posted by eightthirty I am 100% pro-choice. I cannot begin to stress how easy it is for people to say what a horrible thing it is from the outside looking in. I totally agree with this. Unless you've been there you just don't know. I'm 100% pro choice.

lol this is an old thread
biggrin.gif

I agree - I think this is absolutely disgusting! I am conservative and don't agree with abortion in any circumstance (if we want to label it - I am part of the "religious right") I don't think God would put a baby there just so we could use the "advances" in our technology to kill it - that is my opinion

MPickens- After reading your reply, I have to agree 100%. Thanks for posting that info. I do not believe women are using partial-birth abortion as a means of birth control.

im pro-choice some people arent meant to be parents i honestly seen many many girls that dont deserve to be called a mother because of the way they treat there kids, and you see it all the time on the news kids beaten to death , torture, all those bad things so those mothers sould have all had abortions imo its better then having a kid suffer like they are a animal.

i am against abortion. i believe that if it has a heartbeat then no matter how far along you are it's murder. but i do think that if the woman gets pregnant not willingly or if somethingelse bad happens then i think they should do it asap. i think that in those cases the woman is not really in the right mind on deciding what is the right thing to do, so in those cases i think that there's really not a right or wrong answer. but for partial abortion i just think thats awful. worse than a full abortion. so sad, the poor little babies.

Originally Posted by jennycateyez im pro-choice some people arent meant to be parents i honestly seen many many girls that dont deserve to be called a mother because of the way they treat there kids, and you see it all the time on the news kids beaten to death , torture, all those bad things so those mothers sould have all had abortions imo its better then having a kid suffer like they are a animal. that's true. there are many people out in this world who would give anything to be able to have a baby, then you have those who make you wonder why they're even able to have them. they might as well give them to someone who will love them and treat them good. or do something to where they can't get pregnant.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby MPickens- After reading your reply, I have to agree 100%. Thanks for posting that info. I do not believe women are using partial-birth abortion as a means of birth control. In US you can't have a partial-birth abotion unless the fetus is severely malformed or the mother is in grave danger from continued pregnancy. Partial birth abortion has never been used as a form of contraception.

My opinion on partial birth abortion. Boy are you all going to have a fun time reading my opinion...:

Wrong. It's wrong. You might as well be committing murder when you have an abortion. Want to know why I think that? (Though you probably don't wanna know, 'cause I never stop talking) Because the minute that baby is conceived, the minute it's brought into existence, it is a living, breathing creature. It may depend on the mother during the time its organs are still developing, but that baby is a living, breathing human being. The baby depends on its mother for nourishment. If it needs food to live, then it's already a life. If you have an abortion, not only are you putting your life at risk but more importantly, you're taking away another life.

And if you do go to an abortion clinic, how can you trust that they sterilize their equipment? If they don't care about taking away one human's life, why should they care about the person who actually had the abortion?

Besides. It's just as bad as actually having the baby and then 3 years later saying, "I should have had an abortion with this kid before it was born. Hm, why don't I go kill my child? It's just like a late abortion." That's exactly how it is. All of you can flame, bash, or even ignore my opinion. I don't mind. I'll stand strong in my opinion.

Now...onto the next topic...

I don't understand how that judge could do that. If the judge thinks it's wrong, why did he declare the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act null? If you stand strongly in something and believe something is either right or wrong, you're going to stand firm in your beliefs. Either the judge was a complete pushover or a total airhead. Perhaps both.

But anyways...

Putting the child up for adoption is a better way than actually having an abortion, in my opinion. It may be hard on the child-but killing the baby before it could even get to experience life in this world? That's just cruel and inhumane. And aside from that point, even having an abortion because the child may have a birth defect or what ever is even wrong. My brother, apparently, was diagnosed Downs Syndrome. The doctor even gave my mother an option: to abort him or have him. My mother immediately refused the abortion. She knew that abortion was wrong also. However, my brother was born a perfectly healthy baby with no defects whatsoever. If any of you are mothers out there, just imagine how it would be to not have your daughter or son around at all because of a simple choice. That would be extremely horrible to even think of, right? As a Christian, I believe that abortion is completely wrong. We have no right to take away something that doesn't belong to us. That child's life is not ours. And I'm hoping my opinion won't be ignored just because I'm only 14 years old. Despite the fact that I am simply a teen, I still consider myself intelligent for my age. (Not to be puffed up or anything, of course.)

Anyways...I think that pretty much concludes my whole opinion. (I'm sure you all would thought it'd never end!)

You know, you would think that with all the modern technology we have available today, they could come up with a less barbaric way to abort a baby. Can't they give the baby a needle with a drug in it or something?? That would be MUCH less painful than crushing the poor things skull!! And if that isn't possible, there HAS to be some other way!!

That being said, I totally agree with those of you who said "why the hell would someone wait so long"?? If the experience was that traumatic to them, I'm pretty sure they knew in the beginning that they didn't want to keep the baby. Another thing I hope these women consider is this.... it is NOT the baby's fault, what happened to them. I mean, I guess the reason so many women choose to abort is probably so that they won't always have that "reminder" around. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT judging these women who abort their pregnancies in these cases.... I am pro choice. I would never have an abortion myself, but I'd never condemn anyone else for having one. I hope I'm making sense.... this thread has my stomach in knots. Yes, adoption is always an option, but I think a lot of women are afraid the child will come looking for them eventually.

Ugh, I wish I hadn't read this thread.... I didn't know that that's how they did it.... it makes me sick!!

Angelhairr-Interesting comment. But the point I was trying to make however was that having an abortion is murder. Doesn't matter how you do it, it's murder. Now, about the adoption part...perhaps that may be so. The mother's may have an abortion out of fear for the child looking for them. But even so, is that any excuse to kill an innocent child? Besides that, if that's anyone's reason, that's completely selfish (IMO). But I do agree with one thing you said, angelhairr. The way they do the abortion makes me sick too. Which is one of the reasons why I am pro-life.

The Reason That I Think Women Wait So Long Is Because They May Not Find Out Right Then And Also After 12weeks Each Week Becomes More Exspensive Like If Your 12weeks And Under Its 300.00 They Longer You Wait The More It Cost I Live In Kansas So The Prices May Be Different Elsewhere But We Have A Popular Clinic Here In Town That Does Them Women Come From Around The World To Go To Dr.tillers Office It Right Down The Street From My House Everyday Theres Always Protesters Outside Of The Building. I Dont Judge People But I Think You Should Do Whats Best In Your Situation.

i read an article in i think readers digest a long time ago from a dr. who use to perform abortions. his last one he had the baby on the screen where he could see what he was doing(it was the vacume thing) he saw the baby's mouth open and move away. like it was screaming and trying to get away. makes me want to cry everytime i think about it. abortion is murder no matter how or when it's done. i can understand certain reasons why someone would want to do it but still is murder. whether in the womb or out.

Hi DG!!
smile.gif

Like I said, I myself would never have an abortion, but it's not my place to tell other people what to do. Maybe I didn't word it the right way in my last post, but maybe if a woman is raped or is the victim of incest, she may look upon that child as a constant reminder of what happened to her. She may even think that the child is a product of evil, & does not think that the child should be on this earth. By product of evil, I mean that she may think that the child has the rapists genes in them. And if she she gives birth to this child, maybe this child will be a "bad seed".

If she grew up being the victim of incest, then she may not realize that there ARE decent people out there who could give her child a good home and a good life. Because all she knows is bad.

Believe me, I love kids a lot. My boss told me that if they ever opened a day care in our place, that would be my job. Kids ALWAYS come running to me no matter where we are. I'm a total animal/kid person, and I'd do anything for them. I am not FOR abortion, but I am okay with someone making their own choice about it. Except with the brutal way described here.

And no, DG, fear of having your child come looking for you later in life is absolutely NOT an excuse for an abortion. I totally agree with you there.

And one more thing, I know it's really hard to convey tone online, so I hope this is just a friendly discussion. We agree on some things, right?? And it's okay to disagree on other things without fighting. I'm new here & I just wanted to make sure.
smile.gif

I won't be back online until next Sunday, most likely, so I hope to see you then!!

Originally Posted by angelhairr You know, you would think that with all the modern technology we have available today, they could come up with a less barbaric way to abort a baby. Can't they give the baby a needle with a drug in it or something?? That would be MUCH less painful than crushing the poor things skull!! And if that isn't possible, there HAS to be some other way!! actually I don´t believe the "skull crushing theory"...unless somebody can provide a reliable medical source of information on how exactly the procedure is done.
situation in Austria: late term abortion is performed through a pill (Mifegyne) that is given to the pregnant woman, along with Prostaglandine (induces labor). BUT: before this, the fetus is injected with Kaliumchlorid (induces immediate heart failure), just to make sure the baby is not being delivered alive.

this happened in germany a while ago, the fetus survived the abortion and was born severly physically and mentally disabled. as soon as the baby is born alive the doctors have the duty (by law) to perform CPR and do everything to keep the baby alive....by giving the injection cases like that are not going to happen anymore.

considering all the circumstances (this topic goes too far), I think this method is rather human. again, over here there are strict medical indications for this procedure and it´s only done in hospitals. and in germany late term abortion is only 2,5% of total abortion.

Latest posts

Back