Partial Birth Abortion!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DG_14 My opinion on partial birth abortion. Boy are you all going to have a fun time reading my opinion...:
Wrong. It's wrong. You might as well be committing murder when you have an abortion. Want to know why I think that? (Though you probably don't wanna know, 'cause I never stop talking) Because the minute that baby is conceived, the minute it's brought into existence, it is a living, breathing creature. It may depend on the mother during the time its organs are still developing, but that baby is a living, breathing human being. The baby depends on its mother for nourishment. If it needs food to live, then it's already a life. If you have an abortion, not only are you putting your life at risk but more importantly, you're taking away another life.

And if you do go to an abortion clinic, how can you trust that they sterilize their equipment? If they don't care about taking away one human's life, why should they care about the person who actually had the abortion?

Besides. It's just as bad as actually having the baby and then 3 years later saying, "I should have had an abortion with this kid before it was born. Hm, why don't I go kill my child? It's just like a late abortion." That's exactly how it is. All of you can flame, bash, or even ignore my opinion. I don't mind. I'll stand strong in my opinion.

Now...onto the next topic...

I don't understand how that judge could do that. If the judge thinks it's wrong, why did he declare the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act null? If you stand strongly in something and believe something is either right or wrong, you're going to stand firm in your beliefs. Either the judge was a complete pushover or a total airhead. Perhaps both.

But anyways...

Putting the child up for adoption is a better way than actually having an abortion, in my opinion. It may be hard on the child-but killing the baby before it could even get to experience life in this world? That's just cruel and inhumane. And aside from that point, even having an abortion because the child may have a birth defect or what ever is even wrong. My brother, apparently, was diagnosed Downs Syndrome. The doctor even gave my mother an option: to abort him or have him. My mother immediately refused the abortion. She knew that abortion was wrong also. However, my brother was born a perfectly healthy baby with no defects whatsoever. If any of you are mothers out there, just imagine how it would be to not have your daughter or son around at all because of a simple choice. That would be extremely horrible to even think of, right? As a Christian, I believe that abortion is completely wrong. We have no right to take away something that doesn't belong to us. That child's life is not ours. And I'm hoping my opinion won't be ignored just because I'm only 14 years old. Despite the fact that I am simply a teen, I still consider myself intelligent for my age. (Not to be puffed up or anything, of course.)

Anyways...I think that pretty much concludes my whole opinion. (I'm sure you all would thought it'd never end!)

ok I´ll try to comment on as much as possible:
1.) you are not IN GENERAL putting your life at risk if you have an abortion. depending on the procedure (!) severe physical risks are lower than 1%. added up, the POSSIBLE physical risks of pregnancy in it´s whole duration are higher than the POSSIBLE risks of a professionally done abortion procedure.

2.) about the abortion clinics. As far as I know *lol* the US are a civilized country and I suppose every abortion clinic would be immediately shut down if equipment is not being sterilized or if the procedures weren´t done professionally. We don´t live in 3rd world countries, right? and yes I believe the people who work at abortion clinics DO care about their patients. the statement you made has no real background so I´ll stop commenting on it now *lol*

3.) it´s sad that you compare a woman having an abortion (and I believe MOST of the women take all the possibilities into consideration. having an abortion is not the end of the world for a big part of women, but it´s also not a fun experience. I don´t think anyone does that for fun) to a woman killing her 3year old kid.

4.) I would never flame, bash or ignore anyone´s opinion. it´s everyone´s right to be either pro-life or pro-choice. I´m clearly pro-choice

I just don´t think it´s ok to put comments based on hearsay-stories out there and make that into your "opinion". have you ever been to an abortion clinic? I am pretty sure you haven´t....over here (and I´m 100% positive that´s not any different in the US) they are medical institutions at the highest possible standard. I know that because I have taken a friend there, and I´m in Med School so I know what they do there. You go in, talk to a psychologist, you make the decision and have the procedure done. very safe, very professional. (and I´m not gonna start talking about the psychological effects an abortion can have on the woman affected...we all know an abortion is a hard choice to make!!!!)

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) How can anyone think that Partial Birth Abortion is OK. SHEESH!
icon_evil.gif

Judge Stops Partial-Birth Abortion Ban

Aug 26, 6:43 PM (ET)

By LARRY NEUMEISTER

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=210 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE borderColor=#cbcbcd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=150 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>(AP) Judge Richard Casey sits for a portrait with his dog, Barney, in this April 8, 2004 file photo, in...

Full Image</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NEW YORK (AP) - A federal judge declared the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act unconstitutional Thursday in the second such ruling in three months - even though he called the procedure "gruesome, brutal, barbaric and uncivilized."

U.S. District Judge Richard C. Casey - one of three federal judges across the country to hear simultaneous challenges to the law earlier this year - faulted the ban for not containing an exception to protect a woman's health, something the Supreme Court has made clear is required in laws prohibiting particular types of abortion.

The law, signed last November, banned a procedure known to doctors as intact dilation and extraction and called partial-birth abortion by abortion foes. The fetus is partially removed from the womb, and the skull is punctured or crushed.

Louise Melling, director of the ACLU's Reproductive Freedom Project, said her group was thrilled by the ruling.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle><SCRIPT language=javascript>if ((typeof tag336_2) == 'function') {tag336_2();} </SCRIPT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>"We can only hope as we have decision after decision after decision striking these bans, saying they endanger women's health, that the legislatures will finally stop," she said.

On June 1, U.S. District Judge Phyllis Hamilton in San Francisco also found the law unconstitutional, saying it violates a woman's right to choose an abortion. A judge in Lincoln, Neb., has yet to rule. The three judges suspended the ban while they held the trials.

The three verdicts are almost certain to be appealed to the Supreme Court.

"We are in the process of the appeal of these issues now, which tells you exactly what we're doing and where we're going," Attorney General John Ashcroft said Thursday.

The government has already appealed the San Francisco ruling, said Monica Goodling, a Justice Department spokeswoman.

The ban, which President Clinton twice vetoed, was seen by abortion rights activists as a fundamental departure from the Supreme Court's 1973 precedent in Roe v. Wade. But the Bush administration has argued that the procedure is cruel and unnecessary and causes pain to the fetus.

At trials earlier this year, doctors testified that of 1.3 million abortions performed annually, the law would affect about 130,000, almost all in the second trimester. Some observers suggest the number would be much lower - 2,200 to 5,000.

In his ruling, Casey said that there is evidence that the procedure can have safety advantages for women. He said the Supreme Court had made it clear that "this gruesome procedure may be outlawed only if there exists a medical consensus that there is no circumstance in which any women could potentially benefit from it."

At another point, Casey wrote that testimony put before himself and Congress showed the outlawed abortion technique to be a "gruesome, brutal, barbaric and uncivilized medical procedure."

Casey, who was appointed to the bench by President Clinton in 1997, was considered by some observers to be the best legal hope for the law's supporters.

"We were on pins and needles on this one," said Gloria Feldt, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. "The judge was very aggressive in his questioning and very transparent in his articulation of his personal views on the matter. Fortunately, he chose to uphold the law."

Look at these statemtents!!

During a hearing earlier this year, Casey repeatedly asked doctors whether they tell pregnant women prior before an abortion that they will rip the fetus apart and that it might feel pain.

"Did you tell them you were sucking the brains out of the same baby they desired to hold?" the judge asked Dr. Carolyn Westhoff, who performs or supervises hundreds of abortions a year in Manhattan. At another point, Casey, who is blind, asked Westhoff whether a mother can detect in advance whether a baby will be born blind. "Not that I'm aware of," Westhoff answered.

It sucks.

Originally Posted by Arielle ok I´ll try to comment on as much as possible: Andrea, you're wasting your breath. Rabid pro-lifers don't care about the truth and facts. I would walk away from this now because engaging in these discussions is a waste of any sane person's time. I'm a medical professional and someone who's done a lot of research on abortions and stem cell research. No matter how many times you tell these people that partial birth abortion is only used in extreme circumstances they'll always pervert the truth to suit their goals.To them the life of a deformed unborn fetus is more important than the life of a living human being (the mother).

I do wonder what they would do if they were put in a situation where they knew that a) their child would be born severely deformed or B) they would die delivering. Would they chose to carry to term anyway? Or would they put their lives above that of an unborn fetus?

Originally Posted by Arielle ok I´ll try to comment on as much as possible:
1.) you are not IN GENERAL putting your life at risk if you have an abortion. depending on the procedure (!) severe physical risks are lower than 1%. added up, the POSSIBLE physical risks of pregnancy in it´s whole duration are higher than the POSSIBLE risks of a professionally done abortion procedure.

2.) about the abortion clinics. As far as I know *lol* the US are a civilized country and I suppose every abortion clinic would be immediately shut down if equipment is not being sterilized or if the procedures weren´t done professionally. We don´t live in 3rd world countries, right? and yes I believe the people who work at abortion clinics DO care about their patients. the statement you made has no real background so I´ll stop commenting on it now *lol*

3.) it´s sad that you compare a woman having an abortion (and I believe MOST of the women take all the possibilities into consideration. having an abortion is not the end of the world for a big part of women, but it´s also not a fun experience. I don´t think anyone does that for fun) to a woman killing her 3year old kid.

4.) I would never flame, bash or ignore anyone´s opinion. it´s everyone´s right to be either pro-life or pro-choice. I´m clearly pro-choice

I just don´t think it´s ok to put comments based on hearsay-stories out there and make that into your "opinion". have you ever been to an abortion clinic? I am pretty sure you haven´t....over here (and I´m 100% positive that´s not any different in the US) they are medical institutions at the highest possible standard. I know that because I have taken a friend there, and I´m in Med School so I know what they do there. You go in, talk to a psychologist, you make the decision and have the procedure done. very safe, very professional. (and I´m not gonna start talking about the psychological effects an abortion can have on the woman affected...we all know an abortion is a hard choice to make!!!!)

I suppose I should have expressed in my post that I was, in fact, familiar with abortion techniques. If you don't believe me, I'll give you actual articles on the risks of having an abortion. (I'm sure just my word won't be that reassuring as I am simply a 14-year old girl)
http://www.afterabortion.info/physica.html <-I hope this link sheds more light on the subject.

However, are you sure that you are not flaming my post? Because the way in which you responded clearly indicates a flame to me...but I'm not too sure. Anyways, here's another link on the risks of having an abortion:

http://www.womenscenter.org/risks.htm

Everybody's entitled to their opinion and I'm not trying to force my opinion on anybody. However, I simply spotted a few errors in your posts (well, in the factual parts) and thought I would post some links that said otherwise.

Also, my mother read a true story about a woman who was raped who actually kept her child rather than having an abortion. And the mother and that child have a wonderful relationship.

I know of someone who knew a nurse who actually worked in an abortion clinic. What they would do with the aborted child was putting them in garbage bags and leaving them outside. When the nurse went out to have a smoke break, she heard the cry of a baby inside the bag. That is when she left the abortion clinic, never to go back again. Those links also prove my point...if an abortion clinic has no concern for the child whatsoever, why should they care about the woman having the abortion? Anyways, I hope that you were not flaming me in any way, because I want to keep it a civil debate.

And Angelhairr-of course. ^^ Like I said, this is simply a civil discussion. Emotions don't carry well over the internet for me anyway.

yeah I thought this was gonna happen. I strongly agree with you, Cool Kitten. I just had hopes everybody can talk about this from a reasonable point of view.

to comment on DG_14´s first link:

um you do realize that this is not facts, right? like I said, this is hearsay-stories and pro-life PROPAGANDA. Of course some of the percentages can be true, but it should be clear to everyone that this website is not objective.The site offers no links to scientific studies that prove the THEORIES (just to name ONE: there has been a study about the theory that abortion increases breast cancer risk...the theory has proven to be wrong. do some founded research in medical journals like I do for school and you´ll get the F-A-C-T-S I asked you for)

and I don´t know which errors in my posts you are talking about...besides maybe me using wrong expressions (my first language is german), which i apologize for.

oh c´mon...the nurse story. very heartwarming. if there could be any way this is true then that´d be very sad indeed. but I don´t buy it.

and the rape victim story...I´m happy for the mother and her kid! but sorry, this is ONE example. what is this supposed to prove

as you keep mentioning, you are 14. I´m sure you know something about the procedures that are done,we all hear stories. but if you get all your info from stories people tell you and from a pro-life-propaganda website then there is really no way we can talk about this as adults and therefore this discussion is ended for me!

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten Andrea, you're wasting your breath. Rabid pro-lifers don't care about the truth and facts. I would walk away from this now because engaging in these discussions is a waste of any sane person's time. I'm a medical professional and someone who's done a lot of research on abortions and stem cell research. No matter how many times you tell these people that partial birth abortion is only used in extreme circumstances they'll always pervert the truth to suit their goals.To them the life of a deformed unborn fetus is more important than the life of a living human being (the mother).

I do wonder what they would do if they were put in a situation where they knew that a) their child would be born severely deformed or B) they would die delivering. Would they chose to carry to term anyway? Or would they put their lives above that of an unborn fetus?

Eh. So much for a civil conversation, then. Bashing never solves anything, really.

Originally Posted by DG_14 Eh. So much for a civil conversation, then. Bashing never solves anything, really. I think this thread is getting hilarious. and sad at the same time. hilarious in a surreal way. thank you for entertaining us.
btw, just for the mods: I would have never thought I´d get into such a discussion b/c I always thought it´s pointless to get so passionate about trying to make your point clear to somebody who has a COMPLETE opposite opinion, but I got carried away! I don´t want this thread to be closed so I´ll shut up now in order to keep this thread from being flooded by back and forth posting between me and DG_14.

puh, Andi finally shuts up-the world is saved
icon_lol.gif

I have a feeling this will be locked anyway, for I already reported the topic because of the bashes and crude comments towards myself.

This thread won't be closed as long as everyone respects each others opinion. I think topics like this one are great for discussion as long as everyone remembers that we are all entitled to an opinion.

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten No matter how many times you tell these people that partial birth abortion is only used in extreme circumstances they'll always pervert the truth to suit their goals.To them the life of a deformed unborn fetus is more important than the life of a living human being (the mother). What if you look at it this way .... who are we to decide that the baby who has never had a chance at life should be sacrificed, over a mother who has already lived part of her life? But that is of course assuming that you believe the fetus is a real human beining and not just a "mass of tissue" or whatever. If we can't even agree whether a fetus is a person, then we really can't reach an agreement on the abortion topic!
wink.gif

Plus, while I can at least understand why some people see nothing wrong with early term abortions (even if I don't agree with them), I have a really hard time understanding why anyone would support partial-birth abortions except in extreme cases like the mother's life would be in danger if the labor would continue any longer. How can the baby be a "non human" (for lack of a better word) fetus one instant and be a human the next, just by passing through the birth canal? It just doesn't seem logical to me, especially since babies born premature can survive outside the womb. And what about babies born by c-section? They don't pass through the birth canal, so at what instant to they suddenly become a baby instead of a fetus? I guess you can say when it is removed from the uterus but it still seems weird to me....

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten I do wonder what they would do if they were put in a situation where they knew that a) their child would be born severely deformed... I would absolutely deliver the baby and do everything in my power to give it a healthy life. You hear inspirational stories all the time about people with various deseases, birth defects, etc. overcoming incredible obstacles to inspire other people. (For example, a story in Reader's Digest a while back about a man born with all four limbs missing or deformed, and he went on to be a wrestler and inspire other kids to overcome their problems!) How do I know that my deformed baby would not have a positive impact on society like that?

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten or B) they would die delivering. Would they chose to carry to term anyway? Or would they put their lives above that of an unborn fetus? Hm, this is a tough one, but again, since I believe the fetus is a human life and since I know that I am going to Heaven when I die (a whole other discussion, I know, lol), I would hope that I would have the courage to give my baby a chance at life! I would give my life for a child already born, and in my mind a fetus is no different, so yes, I would give my life for my unborn child if it would save his/her life.... now obviously I'll never know *exactly* how I would react unless these situations actually happened to me, but I hope I would have the strength to do these things...
Anyways, I know I'll never be able to convert someone just through an internet conversation, but those are just my thoughts for anyone who's interested
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol This thread won't be closed as long as everyone respects each others opinion. I think topics like this one are great for discussion as long as everyone remembers that we are all entitled to an opinion. Ditto! I think as long as comments are respectful to other members and it stays on the topic.. it's fine.
As for me... Pro-Choice.
wink.gif

Thread closing WARNING!

Everyone, listen up, this is forsure a controversial subject that is borderline on over the top. It has political and religous over/undertones but nevertheless CAN and will be discussed maturely . People should respect others' positions on this whether you agree or disagree. Discuss it maturely or we'll close the thread and/or temporarily ban people for being deliberately mean(future of this thread).

This goes for all future posts on this. What ever has been said already, let it go...move forward NICELY, please.

Thanks

Originally Posted by girl_geek What if you look at it this way .... who are we to decide that the baby who has never had a chance at life should be sacrificed, over a mother who has already lived part of her life? But that is of course assuming that you believe the fetus is a real human beining and not just a "mass of tissue" or whatever. If we can't even agree whether a fetus is a person, then we really can't reach an agreement on the abortion topic!
wink.gif

Plus, while I can at least understand why some people see nothing wrong with early term abortions (even if I don't agree with them), I have a really hard time understanding why anyone would support partial-birth abortions except in extreme cases like the mother's life would be in danger if the labor would continue any longer. How can the baby be a "non human" (for lack of a better word) fetus one instant and be a human the next, just by passing through the birth canal? It just doesn't seem logical to me, especially since babies born premature can survive outside the womb. And what about babies born by c-section? They don't pass through the birth canal, so at what instant to they suddenly become a baby instead of a fetus? I guess you can say when it is removed from the uterus but it still seems weird to me....

I would absolutely deliver the baby and do everything in my power to give it a healthy life. You hear inspirational stories all the time about people with various deseases, birth defects, etc. overcoming incredible obstacles to inspire other people. (For example, a story in Reader's Digest a while back about a man born with all four limbs missing or deformed, and he went on to be a wrestler and inspire other kids to overcome their problems!) How do I know that my deformed baby would not have a positive impact on society like that?

Hm, this is a tough one, but again, since I believe the fetus is a human life and since I know that I am going to Heaven when I die (a whole other discussion, I know, lol), I would hope that I would have the courage to give my baby a chance at life! I would give my life for a child already born, and in my mind a fetus is no different, so yes, I would give my life for my unborn child if it would save his/her life.... now obviously I'll never know *exactly* how I would react unless these situations actually happened to me, but I hope I would have the strength to do these things...

Anyways, I know I'll never be able to convert someone just through an internet conversation, but those are just my thoughts for anyone who's interested
smile.gif

Amen! I agree with you 100%, girl_geek!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ditto! I think as long as comments are respectful to other members and it stays on the topic.. it's fine.
As for me... Pro-Choice.
wink.gif

I dont even know anymore what I am, I think I will take my birth control pill though
smile.gif
I cant judge when I have never been faced with this situation. I dont think I could go through with it unless extremely necessary. It abortion as a whole was banned a lot of women would still be dying in alleyways using coat hangers. An earlier post said someone knew a lady who had her period during her pregnancy, I know someone also who never missed a period during her whole pregnancy, she didnt know until the baby was almost born, I dont think she would have aborted it anyways though, but she didnt even get big. She is also blind (and so is the father). So I think her parents help out a lot, the baby is adorable. If you want to get all religious, isnt taking the pill wrong to very religious believers? I know you can still get pregnant by failure, I started on the pill before I ever became active, b/c I was terrified of getting pregnant. It wouldnt matter so much now, unless there was something terribly wrong with the baby, I was also raped in college, so it is good I WAS on the pill. In Florida we have "Choose Life" license tags, but we are not allowed to have "Pro-Choice" ones. I just have a dog and cat one that benefits the Humane Society anyways, lol. I am glad I am not in a position of power, it would be too difficult to make all these hard core decisions.

Originally Posted by girl_geek What if you look at it this way .... who are we to decide that the baby who has never had a chance at life should be sacrificed, over a mother who has already lived part of her life? Because the mother is already alive. Because she's a living breathing human being vs a fetus that has no chance of surviving outside the mother's womb. If you ask any doctor they will tell you that in extreme circumstances they'll try to save the mother's life first. Not to mention that if carrying to term endangers the woman's life her chances of delivering a healthy baby aren't too high. If you have a chance to save the mother why would you risk killing both her and the fetus?

Of course the decision is entirely up to you- you can certainly chose to try and carry to term knowing that you most likely will die and the baby will too. I don't think anyone could stop you from making that decision for yourself.

Originally Posted by girl_geek Plus, while I can at least understand why some people see nothing wrong with early term abortions (even if I don't agree with them), I have a really hard time understanding why anyone would support partial-birth abortions except in extreme cases like the mother's life would be in danger if the labor would continue any longer. PLEASE READ WHAT I'M WRITING AND COMPREHEND THIS SO I CAN FINALLY STOP REPEATING MYSELF!!!!!Partial abortions ARE ILLEGAL unless the mother will die if she carries to term or the baby is severely deformed. YOU CANNOT WALK INTO THE ABORTION CLINIC WHEN 6 MONTHS PREGNANT AND ASK FOR ONE!!!!!

Again, PARTIAL ABORTIONS ARE ILLEGAL IN US! No one here is advocating them as a method of birth control. If your child is missing limbs but is otherwise healthy then by all means chose to carry him to term. But what if the child has severe brain damage and has no chances of surviving past delivery? Are you still going to chose to continue the pregnancy and deliver a stillborn baby?

Pic too big kitty

*ooops! sorry! here's a better one!
biggrin.gif

031.jpeg

*Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...*
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek What if you look at it this way .... who are we to decide that the baby who has never had a chance at life should be sacrificed, over a mother who has already lived part of her life? But that is of course assuming that you believe the fetus is a real human beining and not just a "mass of tissue" or whatever. If we can't even agree whether a fetus is a person, then we really can't reach an agreement on the abortion topic!
wink.gif

I would absolutely deliver the baby and do everything in my power to give it a healthy life. You hear inspirational stories all the time about people with various deseases, birth defects, etc. overcoming incredible obstacles to inspire other people. (For example, a story in Reader's Digest a while back about a man born with all four limbs missing or deformed, and he went on to be a wrestler and inspire other kids to overcome their problems!) How do I know that my deformed baby would not have a positive impact on society like that?

Hm, this is a tough one, but again, since I believe the fetus is a human life and since I know that I am going to Heaven when I die (a whole other discussion, I know, lol), I would hope that I would have the courage to give my baby a chance at life! I would give my life for a child already born, and in my mind a fetus is no different, so yes, I would give my life for my unborn child if it would save his/her life.... now obviously I'll never know *exactly* how I would react unless these situations actually happened to me, but I hope I would have the strength to do these things...

smile.gif

i agree with you girl, everyone has there own opinion on this topic and it goes on all over, me personally i would never do it no matter what, i just wouldn't be able to. i think that even though the baby or partial baby isn't born yet still it's alive and as long as it's alive abording is the same as killing. i think that i would regret abording a baby more than having it or giving it up for adoption. b/c i would always think about it and have that question of what if. i wouldn't put someone down for it or think bad of them as long as it was what they thought was the best thing and not using it as a way of birth control. as for the people who wait awhile before they do it i think is wrong. if they're gonna do it it should be as close to the beginning as possible. even if they don't find out until they're a couple of months along that's better than almost 4. i've been pregnant 2x and they were a little different. but i still knew or had a strong feeling of knowing before i found out.if you suspect your pregnant and for some reason don't want to be get tested after that and it's - get tested again within the next week or 2 at latest if you still think you might be. that way if you are and you want to abord the baby it'll still be really early. you guys know what i mean. well i hope everyone can give there thoughts and of course not everyone will agree or agree completly but we're all just human and make mistakes in life b/c we're not perfect. i know people who have had abortions b/c they were teens and wasn't ready and they feel really bad now and have that i wonder ? . when i look at my boys my youngest baby was born with spina bifida but even if i knew he was going to be like that(even though it's the mildest form) i still would go through it. i love my kids more than anything in this world and to think about abording a baby who is part of me for any reason would just , i just wouldn't be able to go through with it. for those of you who are mothers can i'm sure understand where i'm coming from. to hold your baby for the first time is just the best feeling in the world. at least for me it is.

Originally Posted by Cool Kitten Because the mother is already alive. Because she's a living breathing human being vs a fetus that has no chance of surviving outside the mother's womb. If you ask any doctor they will tell you that in extreme circumstances they'll try to save the mother's life first. Not to mention that if carrying to term endangers the woman's life her chances of delivering a healthy baby aren't too high. If you have a chance to save the mother why would you risk killing both her and the fetus?

Of course the decision is entirely up to you- you can certainly chose to try and carry to term knowing that you most likely will die and the baby will too. I don't think anyone could stop you from making that decision for yourself.

PLEASE READ WHAT I'M WRITING AND COMPREHEND THIS SO I CAN FINALLY STOP REPEATING MYSELF!!!!!

Partial abortions ARE ILLEGAL unless the mother will die if she carries to term or the baby is severely deformed. YOU CANNOT WALK INTO THE ABORTION CLINIC WHEN 6 MONTHS PREGNANT AND ASK FOR ONE!!!!!

Again, PARTIAL ABORTIONS ARE ILLEGAL IN US! No one here is advocating them as a method of birth control. If your child is missing limbs but is otherwise healthy then by all means chose to carry him to term. But what if the child has severe brain damage and has no chances of surviving past delivery? Are you still going to chose to continue the pregnancy and deliver a stillborn baby?

i know a couple of people who had still born babies. very tragic and something they'll never get over. i think if i had to decide in a situation like that i still would probably go through having it on that small chance that it would be ok. you know ,but that's just me. it would be something that i wouldn't be able to get over if either one happened.

Originally Posted by dixiewolf If you want to get all religious, isnt taking the pill wrong to very religious believers? I don't think so.. since religion is such a varied topic and people within even any certain religious niche can believe a bazillion differing things.
I think the most outspoken religious sect against the BC pill in the Western world is Catholicism. There are more diverse opinions in the protestant world.

*beats head against wall*

How about this:

We all agree to disagree and accept that everyone else has different feelings to you.

Read these:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" - Voltaire

Latest posts

Back