Paul Mitchell donates his ponytail to charity

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" background=/content/templates/template-files/bg_white_article.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom>Paul Mitchell donates his ponytail to charity

NEW YORK: Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Talk about locks of love. Paul Mitchell hair apparent John Paul DeJoria is cutting off his trademark ponytail for charity.

The hairdo guru, whose motto is “success unshared is failure,†has made a deal with TV personality Leeza Gibbons, agreeing to make the big chop for $40,000. DeJoria’s famous friends and family have contributed to the donation pool, which will benefit the Red Cross.

This isn’t the first time DeJoria has gone big for a good cause: He also works with Sir Paul McCartney to banish landmines, teaming up with the MINESEEKERS organization to help afflicted countries, and trekking to South Africa for conferences with Nelson Mandela and Brad Pitt.

Besides crusading for world peace, DeJoria is waging war on the haircare black market: his recent TV commercials feature a lecture on the dangers of buying Paul Mitchell at a drugstore. Apparently, legit Paul Mitchell product is only sold at your favorite salon.

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by Diane <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" background=/content/templates/template-files/bg_white_article.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom>Paul Mitchell donates his ponytail to charity

NEW YORK: Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Talk about locks of love. Paul Mitchell hair apparent John Paul DeJoria is cutting off his trademark ponytail for charity.

The hairdo guru, whose motto is “success unshared is failure,†has made a deal with TV personality Leeza Gibbons, agreeing to make the big chop for $40,000. DeJoria’s famous friends and family have contributed to the donation pool, which will benefit the Red Cross.

This isn’t the first time DeJoria has gone big for a good cause: He also works with Sir Paul McCartney to banish landmines, teaming up with the MINESEEKERS organization to help afflicted countries, and trekking to South Africa for conferences with Nelson Mandela and Brad Pitt.

Besides crusading for world peace, DeJoria is waging war on the haircare black market: his recent TV commercials feature a lecture on the dangers of buying Paul Mitchell at a drugstore. Apparently, legit Paul Mitchell product is only sold at your favorite salon.

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That's so cool! I've seen him once at a trade show & he's a really nice guy. He's pretty cool too - big motorcyle enthusiast... lol Nice to see someone using their sucesses to help others!GO JOHN PAUL!!! YOU ROCK!!! (& so do your products! LOL Especially 'Super Skinny'!!! lol)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That's really admirable that he did that. However, I dunno if I'd wanna have his ponytail. Every interview/photo op I see him in, his hair always looks incredibly greasy.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha That's really admirable that he did that. However, I dunno if I'd wanna have his ponytail. Every interview/photo op I see him in, his hair always looks incredibly greasy.
icon_rolleyes.gif
In person it looks a bit better~ LOL Very shiny, but not really 'greasy-shiny'... he does seem to use a bit of spray though, the top looked like it was pretty ''helmeted' on there... LOL -

Latest posts

Back