PayPal Scam, watch out

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I received another PayPal Scam, watch for this email and do NOT respond to it:

We recently have determined that different computers have logged into your PayPal account, and multiple password failures were present before the login. One of our Customer Service employees has already tryed to telephonically reach you. As our employee did not manage to reach you, this email has been sent to your notice.

Therefore your account has been temporary suspended. We need you to confirm your identity in order to regain full privileges of your account.

If this is not completed by July 27, 2005, we reserve the right to terminate all privileges of your account indefinitly, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

To confirm your identity please follow the link below:

XXXX LINK REMOVED XXXXX

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

PayPal - Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

what else is new?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Liz

grrr. i hate people who make these scams!

I know, I get them allot cuz I am rich LOL
wink.gif
, just kidding
smile.gif
. These are fuckers

I just got one that said there was unauthorized activity on my account...I contacted Paypal uz I knew it looked weird...the way you can tell if it's real or not-Paypal will always use your name when addressing you in an authentic email and they will never have a link that sends you someplace where you need to put in personal info...always go directly to Paypal.com in another browser if something looks suspicious. Even on their site, they never ask for personal info like pin numbers or passcodes or anything. So beware, and if you ever got an email and unknowingly put in your account info like your Paypal password or something, just got to Paypal.com and immediately change your password and any info you may have entered in the fake link.

Originally Posted by envymi I just got one that said there was unauthorized activity on my account...I contacted Paypal uz I knew it looked weird...the way you can tell if it's real or not-Paypal will always use your name when addressing you in an authentic email and they will never have a link that sends you someplace where you need to put in personal info...always go directly to Paypal.com in another browser if something looks suspicious. Even on their site, they never ask for personal info like pin numbers or passcodes or anything. So beware, and if you ever got an email and unknowingly put in your account info like your Paypal password or something, just got to Paypal.com and immediately change your password and any info you may have entered in the fake link. twas wondering where you were... was hoping that you had found some time for that much needed vacation... or a mini one...
icon_biggrin.gif

I got a scam email a while back. Something about unusually heavy activity on my account. I don't even have a Paypal account! People are lame.

Originally Posted by kellianne76 I have gotten e-mails like that before and when I do, I forward the e-mail to [email protected] At first I did that too, then I just got so sick of them that I'd just delete them
wink.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby I got a scam email a while back. Something about unusually heavy activity on my account. I don't even have a Paypal account! People are lame. Uh Huh that's right!

Originally Posted by QurlySq twas wondering where you were... was hoping that you had found some time for that much needed vacation... or a mini one...
icon_biggrin.gif
I wish...I was off doing MU in Atlanta.

I've gotten this a couple times myself...I just ignor them...and when I use Ebay, for paypal - my acc't is never suspended....I guess there are a certain few who do fall for this B.S. !!!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Today I received another PayPal Scam, watch for this email and do NOT respond to it:
We recently have determined that different computers have logged into your PayPal account, and multiple password failures were present before the login. One of our Customer Service employees has already tryed to telephonically reach you. As our employee did not manage to reach you, this email has been sent to your notice.

Therefore your account has been temporary suspended. We need you to confirm your identity in order to regain full privileges of your account.

If this is not completed by July 27, 2005, we reserve the right to terminate all privileges of your account indefinitly, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

To confirm your identity please follow the link below:

XXXX LINK REMOVED XXXXX

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

PayPal - Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Latest posts

Back