Pencil Liner Advice needed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lately, I have taken to using shadow as liner. It's easier, lasts longer, etc. But, on those occasions when I do want to use a pencil liner (either on myself or someone else) does anyone have any advice on the easiest way to get the liner as close to the lashline as possible? I have tried pulling my eye taut but it seems I still always get a small space between the lash line and and the pencil line.

Sorry if it seems like a real "basic" question, but I need some help
smile.gif

Thanks,

Cass

instead of trying to draw a line. use a dot method and smash the dots directly into the lash roots.

Originally Posted by CassBH Lately, I have taken to using shadow as liner. It's easier, lasts longer, etc. But, on those occasions when I do want to use a pencil liner (either on myself or someone else) does anyone have any advice on the easiest way to get the liner as close to the lashline as possible? I have tried pulling my eye taut but it seems I still always get a small space between the lash line and and the pencil line.
smile.gif

Thanks,

Cass

great advice!!

Originally Posted by MARIAN instead of trying to draw a line. use a dot method and smash the dots directly into the lash roots.

I dot the liner as close to my lashes as I can and use the smudger to blend it and make a straight line. I actually prefer liquid liner because I can get it closer to my lashes.

Originally Posted by MARIAN instead of trying to draw a line. use a dot method and smash the dots directly into the lash roots. Wouldn't this method take quite a while, if you have to draw enough dots to cover the entire top lash line?
Either way, I will try this method and see how it works
smile.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

Cass

Hmm after you line the top, line the inner rim (like you would the bottom rim) with eyeliner also, and then apply mascara. Ta-da no more gap
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CassBH Lately, I have taken to using shadow as liner. It's easier, lasts longer, etc. But, on those occasions when I do want to use a pencil liner (either on myself or someone else) does anyone have any advice on the easiest way to get the liner as close to the lashline as possible? I have tried pulling my eye taut but it seems I still always get a small space between the lash line and and the pencil line.
smile.gif

Thanks,

Cass

Try applying the liner against the movement of the skin on your eye. That way, your pencil will have something to "grip" onto and you can apply it with ease and precision!
icon_biggrin.gif

the dash method is what i was going to suggest. it helps the line go on more evenly, especially if you have shaky hands. just practice, practice, practice.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by devinjhans the dash method is what i was going to suggest. it helps the line go on more evenly, especially if you have shaky hands. just practice, practice, practice.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Now how close together do you do the dashes (dots)?

Latest posts

Back