Penciling in eyebrows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I am larajcroft and I love beauty and everything related to the topic. I aspire to be a beautician someday! 

I had a question about penciling in eyebrows. I was wondering how people pencil them in evenly because first of all I get one perfect and then the other one ends up being higher than the other or weirdly shaped. 

I also was wondering what product people use for their eye brows.

Thanks everyone! 

<3

larajcroft

I'm are never indentical and they aren't supposed to be...eyebrows are like sisters...not clones. I use brow pencil in short strokes upwards to mimick hairs.

Well, you have to follow your natural shape, and do light strokes, they're more natural than a line. With a pencil or a brush, you can check if your eyebrows are equally high and low by putting the pencil/brush above or under your eyebrows. Keep a certain symmetry in the thickness, but don't make them too thick, it's not really looking natural.

Start by the end, the tail, where the brows are usually more sparse, then add more color in the center, if needed to balance things off.

You can also cheat by using concealer or a highlighter (something matte or satin, close to your skintone), right under and above the brows to make them more defined.

You can also blend with a slanted brush, and applying some wax or brow gel/clear mascara. The blending is good if you applied too much color, but honestly the brow wax or gel isn't necessary, even under heat i've never had a problem of melt off.

For info, i use the eyebrow pencil from MAC, the one you twist up. It's great, but i switched to an eyeshadow as you get a very tiny amount of product in that pencil.

I personally, get mine waxed every few months (tweeze in between waxings), and use the Anastasia "Brow Wiz" pencil to make mine look neater and more defined. It's terrific! There was a lady working in my Sephora who showed me how to use that pencil. (You use tiny, light strokes). Maybe you could visit Sephora if you have one near by, and try it out! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree with the above posts, but I use Your Best Friend Eye Brow Pencil in Universal Taupe. I get it from Birchbox for $12.00 and it truly is my best friend!! It has a bristle brush on the end for combing the before and after you pencil. Plus, it comes with a booklet on doing your makeup and the best eye brow shape for your face. Its the best pencil I've ever used. Also, and this will sound weird, but no matter how perfect my penciled-in brows appear to me in my bedroom mirror, i honestly have found that my rearview mirror in my car allows me the perfect angles and shading to make my brows extremely identical. It sounds so weird but I do it everyday before I walk into work. Somehow I can see spots and angles that really didnt match that looked fine in my bedroom mirror. Neat little trick, for me at least.

Back