Perfume you wore in your younger years..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm this thread was before I joined! I gotta put my 2 cents in! I never got into Electric Youth, but I did like Debbie Gibson. Sounds like I missed the boat on that one!

• I didn't wear Loves Baby Soft but I did wear Heaven Sent! Very similar powdery smell! (This was more Jr. High than High school)
  • I loved Primo! (fake Giorgio) If you didn't reek of this scent in my high school, you were beyond uncool. It was THE scent.
  • Also ultra cool were Poison, Red, Obsession and Tiffany.
  • Cheaper, drugstore perfumes that I liked were Lady Stetson, Intimate Musk, and Exclamation.
  • Oh, I wore this oriental one for quite a while called...I can't remember! It had 2 words that were similar. Xia Xiang...something like that? I don't think it's around anymore!
  • For guys, it was essential to douse themselves in Polo, Obsession, Brut, Stetson, or Drakkar Noir! Yikes...!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Electric Youth & Charlie White! LOL Check out this thread HERE for some of our other fav's from 'yesteryear'! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
aaaaaaah yes electric youth i loved that perfume if i could find it i am sure i'd still wear it lol.Night Rythms was a fave i used to wear. vanilla fields for a minute. colors by benetton i wore liz claiborne in jr high too

i wore electric youth and would also like another bottle of it lol

colors by benetton, liz claiborne, vanilla fields, night rythms that was a body spray i can't remember who made it..

i started wearing eternity in high school and i still wear it. it's a staple in my pefumes. I still have a bottle of poison. and i also reallyliked an avon perfume Natori not sure what year that was but i've had a bottle for ages and i refuse to use it very often so i don't use it all up.

I wore JeanNate, Avon's Soft Musk and then Estee by Estee Lauder and Poison my fav for a long time. Estee was kinda strong. Didn't need much. Today I wouldn't use any of them! Maybe Poison. I use Estee Lauder's "Spellbound" and Lancome's "Tresor". If I want a light scent I tend to use Victoria Secrets Body Sprays.

Originally Posted by Amethyst Another thread reminded me of this and I just started to recall some fragrances from my youth that I was crazy about.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_redface.gif
  • Coty's Wild Musk (still love it)
    icon_lol.gif
  • Skin Musk
  • Avon's Sweet Honesty
    icon_redface.gif
  • Opium (when it was REALLY popular, but ok, this is not THAT old)
What perfumes do you remember wearing in the old days, your youth, etc., or way back when?
icon_smile.gif
Wow! I remember Sweet Honesty! I forgot that I use to use this one.

OOps - sorry - I started a thread similar to this because I didn't notice this one earlier.
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Sorry ladies - I didn't realize a similar topic was started earlier.
icon_redface.gif
thats ok.
smile.gif
ill merge the threads.

OMG, I remember all those Love's Baby Soft ads and stuff in magazines. I became convinced that if I wore it, boys would follow me around, sniffing me. I remember one thing where a guy said he loved the smell and loved when his girlfriend wore his jacket and left the scent on it. LOL! Me = marketer's dream!

I also wore Sunflowers and Tresor. I loved those so much!
icon_redface.gif
I thought the Tresor bottle was just the most sophisticated thing.

Imma dork!
icon_redface.gif

Back in the day I wore Baby Soft and Undeniable (by Avon). I wouldn't wear either now, as I love what I currently am wearing - Mania by Giorgio Armani.

Cachet...waves to Kim!

Charlie

Love's Baby Soft, and I think they had a lemon scented version too

Blue Jeans

a solid perfume, I think it was "Grass," smelled like newly-mown hay if I remember correctly

a green apple scent that came in an apple shaped bottle, perfume was acid green....took hours to wear off

Meg

i never really wore perfumre, i always wore like B&B spray or vickie's spray stuff with matching lotions. hehe

I've never heard of 75% of these perfumes. When I first started wearing perfume I was in highschool, they were Eternity and Tommy Girl (both of which I still wear).
icon_redface.gif

As a teenager way back when,
rolleyes.gif
I always wore ZEN by Shieshedo - I loved it., it came in a black bottle with gold leafing on it - Can't find it any more today (maybe on Ebay, I guess) They have a "new" ZEN which I have, & its nice too, but nothing like the original...I hate when you find something you really love, & it gets discontinued !!! That's the story of my Life!!!!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by melzie_fire My fave perfume when I was a preteen/teen was Navy. And, I gotta admit, I still like smelling it today although I really don't wear it.
I also liked Lady Stetson, and I can remember when my friend and I were all about Love's Baby Soft, White Musk and, of course, Exclamation! LOL

What did you wear, and do you like it now?
smile.gif

As a freshman in highschool I wore Georgio. As a sophmore it was some type of Liz Claiborne (the one in the yellow triangle). Then for the rest of highschool it was EL Beautiful.

Up until a few yeas ago I wore Amarige de Givenchy. I'll tell you what!- I never got so many compliments from men and women! Don't know why I switched. I guess I just got sick of it. Now when I wear perfume its either Ralph Lauren Romance or Fresh Sugar ( which I love).

I wore Love's Baby Soft and Jean Nate

Now I wear so many different perfumes, but the two favs are: Cartier and Dior Pure Poison ..... can you say 'yummy'?!!!
icon_wink.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by elljmz As a freshman in highschool I wore Georgio. As a sophmore it was some type of Liz Claiborne (the one in the yellow triangle). Then for the rest of highschool it was EL Beautiful.
Up until a few yeas ago I wore Amarige de Givenchy. I'll tell you what!- I never got so many compliments from men and women! Don't know why I switched. I guess I just got sick of it. Now when I wear perfume its either Ralph Lauren Romance or Fresh Sugar ( which I love).

Back