Perfume you wore in your younger years..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh i remember so many of these perfumes. The one i kinda started wearing in my teens was Exclamation, and Charlie - i liked all of them!! I now wear Dior Dune.
happy.gif

In high school I wore Lady Stetson and Charlie - I can't stand the smell of either of them now.

In college, I loved Colors of Benetton. And I wore a vanilla perfume oil from The Body Shop a lot - my boyfriend (now husband) got turned on by the smell of vanilla.
wink.gif

My youth in various bottles:

Dior Poison

Body Shop Ananda

Elizabeth Arden Red Door

Victoria's Secret Rapture

Technically I'm still in my 'younger years' but when I was about 9 - 10 I used to love my cheap rip-off of YSL Babydoll. Oh the shame!

I have been feeling nostalgic lately, and made a wish-list of fragrances I wore when I was younger.  I located Exclamation from Walgreens yesterday, and purchased the gift set.  I couldn't decide between that or Jessica McClintock, and went w/ Exclamation.  I figured it isn't as easy to find these days, so JM can wait for a later date.  I ordered Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth from overstock.com.  I hope it isn't old or anything like that.  I totally remember what that smells like.  I am also in the market for EA Sunflowers and Love's Baby Soft.  I can remember all of them (except the Exclamation, until I smelled it).  My cousin wore Sunflowers, and had the bath set of it too.  I remember the staying power on it was good.

In high school, I used to wear the heck out of some VS Strawberry & Champagne.  I also loved some Gap scents like crazy.  My absolute favorite was Om, the spicy orange one, and dream which I had in a travel size.  I  think I had heaven in the travel size too, but dream was the one I preferred.  I'm sure any of those scents would send me surging back in nostalgia.

Wow. I just learned that the discontinued Om is going for $100+ on ebay.  A BIN lists it at $186.  Wow.  It was pretty unique...

I think Exclamation and I had a very brief thing when I was younger more than likely due to all their marketing, and I had a brief affair with a sample bottle of Sun, Moon, & Stars when I was younger as well.

Merm, that is exactly why I went for exclamation. The marketing made me believe it was cool to wear. I wore it in jr. High and my mom hated it. The scent brings me right back to those old days.

The first perfume I fell in love with was Anais Anais, but I also liked CK1, Sunflowers, Happy, Curve. I don't really do perfumes too much anymore, but I do like Falling in Love and Unconditional Love from Philosophy, and the Beachy scented rollerball from Charlotte Ronson.  I also like some scents from http://www.forstrangewomen.com/perfumes-and-colognes-33/perfume-oils.html like "moss and ivy" and "astral projection" and her solid perfumes like "violin in the attic".

I remember wearing lots of the Body Fantasies line - my favorites were Freesia and Cotton Candy. Bath and Body Works Country Apple, Sheer Freesia, and Warm Vanilla Sugar. Love's Baby Soft. Sunflowers. Various Calvin Klein knockoffs. VS Lovespell.

And my first "real" perfume was Davidoff Cool Water.

I wore either Liz Claiborne (little red triangle one) or Poison. Both of those stink to me now. Now I absolutely can't stand strong perfumes and opt for softer scents, frequently light vanillas or florals.

Back