Permanent makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple of my coworkers have gotten permanent eye liner. It looks alright but I don't think I would do it. Now some of them talking about getting perm. lip liner and lip stick! Has anyone else done this? What do you think about it?

My mom had it done. She was, shall we say, cosmetics challenged. It was a tattoo and it looked baaaad. Like a line of navy blue liquid eyeliner that never washes off. If she had chosen brown or black, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. I don't even know if other colors were available, but anyway, navy is what she got. She liked it tho. But like I said, she was cosmetically challenged. And I may be biased, since I don't get along with her!
icon_neutral.gif

Recently a good friend at church told me she'd had it done. I had always thought she just wore bad eyeliner, b/c it always looked unblended and harsh. But no, it's permanent, and it's a similar shade of dark blue. It looks very harsh because she doesn't wear any other eye makeup! (Neither did my mom) I don't understand why anyone would want to do this. Is putting eyeliner on really that inconvenient?

I should add I live in a small city so maybe we just don't have decent permanent MA's here. Maybe in a bigger city, the techniques and skills would be better.

Just the thought of a tattoo on my eyelids is enough to give me nightmares! Scary!
eek.gif

No way, never gonna get this done!

I *have* seen tattooed eyeliner & eyebrows that actually looked okay, but it's not for me. Like others have said, I like variety. And the thought of getting tattooed on my eyelid FREAKS me out!!!

I have it done. I guess it really depends where because mine looks great. No one could tell it was a tattoo unless I told them. Even then I had to prove it to them by rubbing the tattoo off just to show that it's permanent.

I mainly wanted this because I hate how my eyes are when I'm makeupless. That's one of my biggest paranoia. I'm not too bad now but that's because my eyes are much more defined than before!
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, the eyeliner didn't really show up on my top lid, but that's because I have hooded eyelid. The eyeliner was hidden underneath of the skin. The bottom one looks great and I'll definitely do it again once it's faded a bit more.

BTW, I had mine for about 4 years.

Originally Posted by Angel Baby I have it done. I guess it really depends where because mine looks great. No one could tell it was a tattoo unless I told them. Even then I had to prove it to them by rubbing the tattoo off just to show that it's permanent.
I mainly wanted this because I hate how my eyes are when I'm makeupless. That's one of my biggest paranoia. I'm not too bad now but that's because my eyes are much more defined than before!
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, the eyeliner didn't really show up on my top lid, but that's because I have hooded eyelid. The eyeliner was hidden underneath of the skin. The bottom one looks great and I'll definitely do it again once it's faded a bit more.

Can you post a pic for us?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Angel Baby I have it done. I guess it really depends where because mine looks great. No one could tell it was a tattoo unless I told them. Even then I had to prove it to them by rubbing the tattoo off just to show that it's permanent.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing! It's good to see a positive side.

Even for 3-4 months I couldn't have the same eye liner or lipstick
eek.gif
I love variety :icon_love

Originally Posted by stacie0129 I like variety too. I guess it's like a tatoo, but it only lasts like 3-4 months I think.

biggrin.gif

Well that's good that it worked out for you. So you never had to have it touched up or anything in 4 yrs?

I used to go to this nail salon and the girl who did my nails was Vietnamese. She had permanent eyeliner done and a permanent "color" done to her lips. She said the cost of having this done in Vietnam was a lot cheaper than the states. She said it didn't hurt that much. Her eyes looked ok and her lips just looked like a mroe rosier color than her natural color. The results I saw on her back then were "ok", not fabulous, and not awful.

But somehow I don't believe her about the pain part.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Can you post a pic for us?
icon_wink.gif
Ooh, i'd love to see a pic too.. Can you post on Angel_Baby?

There's a coulpe of women I go to school wiht that have permanent eyeliner, and one of them has her lips done too... I didn't know until they said it was tattooed on.

I have to say IMO I don't see where the permanent looks any better than what I do everyday. I also agree I like change too much!!

I would never do that. A fast moving needle close to my eye just freaks me out.

My mom had her eyebrows done years ago, and it looked ok.

I wouldn't do it though. And hers has faded a bit, granted it's been years (more than 5, but not sure exactly).

Latest posts

Back