Peter Jennings dies at 67

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ABC News anchor Peter Jennings dies at 67

Canadian-born broadcaster announced he had lung cancer in April

NEW YORK - Peter Jennings, the suave, Canadian-born broadcaster who delivered the news to Americans each night in five separate decades, died Sunday. He was 67.

Jennings, who announced in April that he had lung cancer, died at his New York home, ABC News President David Westin said.

“Peter has been our colleague, our friend, and our leader in so many ways. None of us will be the same without him,” Westin said.

awwwwww i always thought he was so handsome
icon_sad.gif

Wow! That just goes to show how much I need a day off of work. With two jobs it's like I barely know what day it is, much less what's going on in the world.

Ok...I totally need to get off the computer and go to bed.

I'm really leaving this time.

Gnite again.

OMG! I'm in complete shock. This is so sad. I loved watching ABC evening news with Peter Jennings. May he rest in peace.
icon_sad.gif

This is so depressing for me! I'm double majoring in Broadcast News and Broadcast Management and he was definitely one of my biggest idols. He was so amazing at his job, and he seriously seemed younger than 67, as well. Now Tom Brokaw(another favorite of mine) is retired, Peter Jennings is gone...they need to get some good anchors up there...now I think my only real favorite left is Barbara Walters! So incredibly sad.

mr jennings will certainly be missed! times like these remind us to live our lives to the fullest and I believe that he did!

Peter Jennings was truly a legend and was one of the only reasons why I would watch the news. He will be missed. RIP Peter!

That is very sad. I coouldn't believe it when I heard it. At least now he's in peace and not hurting. Cancer is such an ugly disease. My prayers are with his family.
icon_sad.gif

That is horrible. Cancer is the thing I think I am most afraid of. Most of the time you don't even know you have it until it's too late. That is very sad. At least he didn't have to suffer for long.
icon_cry.gif

Latest posts

Back