Philosophy Three in Ones

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought one not too long ago in Cinnamon Buns. I have not used it yet, but was wondering if it made for a good/decent shampoo? I have hair that gets dirty looking very fast, especially my bangs.

My mom got a package of 3 of them, but in different scents. I think it's sugar, lemon sorbet, and one other one we haven't used yet. Anyways, I love them!!! I used the lemon sorbet as a shampoo and my hair looked shiny, soft, and smelled great. I really like it and think it's actually good shampoo for hair. They all smell sooooo good, and the amazing grace smells great too! You should always use a clarifier once in a while if you have greasy/dirty/product build up hair. Or at least that's what I do b/c i put a lot of products in my hair. I really like Philosophy

I have Coconut Creme Pie, but use it as a shampoo (occasionally) or body wash. The conditioner part I haven't figured out, because I need a separate conditioner without question. As a 2 out of 3, I like it fragrance-wise, but can't logically spend that much for it on a regular basis.

I've tried the Amazing Grace 3 in 1, and I love the smell. I didn't really like it as a shampoo, I use them for bubble bath and occasionally body wash. Target also carries a version of this in about 6 scents for like $3.99 USD. I've tried the Coconut and Vanilla and they were the same quality as the Philosophy, but there isn't a wide variety of scents.

I'm assuming its Target brand, it doesn't really say. Its in a huge 32 oz clear bottle that has 3 in 1 at the top and a description of the product down the bottle. I haven't seen them in the store for a couple months, the last I bought some were around March. If they dont have them they might bring them back around winter when they seem to have more bath products out since they do most of their merchandise by seasons. HTH!!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oh wow, I have to check those out! Do you remember the brand name?

I think those are made by Booth and they are also available at Rite Aid and Shopko here in Idaho. I love them! I have the Tangerine, Lime and Coconut. The scents are all very fresh and true.

That sounds about right...I dont remember seeing a name brand on it. The coconut is great...its my fav out of all them.

Originally Posted by DawnE I think those are made by Booth and they are also available at Rite Aid and Shopko here in Idaho. I love them! I have the Tangerine, Lime and Coconut. The scents are all very fresh and true.

Originally Posted by DawnE I think those are made by Booth and they are also available at Rite Aid and Shopko here in Idaho. I love them! I have the Tangerine, Lime and Coconut. The scents are all very fresh and true. Hey,a fellow Spud!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

If you're looking for a good shampoo to clean your hair always always read the ingredients. Just look at it this way, to fragrance a shampoo is extremely cheap, thats all you're smelling is a cheap fragrance and what you're seeing is a cheap coloring added to the products to make them look and smell appealing, but if you want something that works you have to read the ingredients and know what you're getting.

if your hair gets that dirty look fast it could be that you have an oily scalp which will often give the hair a grundgy look and cause hair to fall flat. You might want to try a Tea Tree Shampoo, I know a ton of companies make them, I like the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree collection, although that is the only Paul Mitchell product I actually like. But like I said it can be any shampoo just read the ingredients and make sure tea tree oil is towards the midle of the ingredients. Also look for Essential Oils like Rosemary, even lemon, grapefruit, which help clean and tone the scalp to help clean access oil buildup.

Originally Posted by ienjoymakeup I bought one not too long ago in Cinnamon Buns. I have not used it yet, but was wondering if it made for a good/decent shampoo? I have hair that gets dirty looking very fast, especially my bangs.

i finally got to a sephora a few months ago and sniff tested every single 3 in 1. the only one i even remotely liked was mimosa. it doesnt smell exactly like a mimosa. its more of an orangey pineapple scent.

it works just fine as a shampoo, but i wouldnt suggest it if you have color treated hair. it doesnt strip to the point of leaving the hair squeaky, but i wouldnt chance it.

im not sure if the third aspect of the 3 in 1 is conditioner or bubble bath, i have to use a separate conditioner if only to detangle.

its great as a shower gel, but i havent used it in the bath yet.

Originally Posted by ienjoymakeup I bought one not too long ago in Cinnamon Buns. I have not used it yet, but was wondering if it made for a good/decent shampoo? I have hair that gets dirty looking very fast, especially my bangs. I´ve only used the Raspberry Sorbet 3-in1. It was OK as a shower gel, but I washed my hair once with it and it made my scalp itch. It made my hair very clean though, but didn´t feel very conditioning.

I like these to take to the gym, they take out all the grease and I only need one product for my hair and body. As far as doing good to my hair, my hair is currently very short, but very think so anything works on me.

Latest posts

Back