'Pick-me-up': Favorite date make-up looks or going out looks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a specific, fool-proof make-up look that you do when you're going out on a date:icon_love , heading out on the town with the girls...basically when you're dressed to impress? Do you have a favorite 'pick-me-up' product or technique?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

well I usually always play up my eyes just cause eyes are the most powerful flirting tool. lips always stay pretty natural, but glossy (I love my Helena Rubinstein Lip Gloss for its killer shine!) and I always put on some bronzer and some shimmery highlighter powder to my cheekbones

And I always pile on mascara like crazy, and I apply most on my outer upper lashes cause this gives a "sultry" look.

Originally Posted by Arielle well I usually always play up my eyes just cause eyes are the most powerful flirting tool. lips always stay pretty natural, but glossy (I love my Helena Rubinstein Lip Gloss for its killer shine!) and I always put on some bronzer and some shimmery highlighter powder to my cheekbones
And I always pile on mascara like crazy, and I apply most on my outer upper lashes cause this gives a "sultry" look.

Definitely lots of mascara, and I do the extra in the outer corners, too! I also line my lower inner rims and use lots of highlighting powder on my neck and chest, and on my cheeks if I go to a club, but if it's a more casual night, I usually do the shimmery brown/bronze eyeshadow and pale pink lip gloss, and skip the inner rim liner, bronzer, and a little bit of pink blush. Pretty simple, but I don't like to go all out every night.

Originally Posted by Arielle well I usually always play up my eyes just cause eyes are the most powerful flirting tool. lips always stay pretty natural, but glossy (I love my Helena Rubinstein Lip Gloss for its killer shine!) and I always put on some bronzer and some shimmery highlighter powder to my cheekbones

ditto!!

I use lashings of mascara & BB Shimmerbrick on the cheeks & collarbone!

I like to put alot of shiny gloss on my gloss on my lips with shimmer. So then he'll want to look at my lips! ha ha ha! What a goober!

Originally Posted by Charmaine I don't really have one look that I do when I go out - it's always different. But like some have already mentioned, I really put on a lot of mascara and also eyeliner. ditto on the mascara, but when I apply too much eyeliner (and it´s easy for me to OD on this) I look like I haven´t slept in weeks, which is NOT how I want to look on a date/night out
biggrin.gif

My tip for dates is keep it natural looking, like you but better. It's funny that lots of you are recommending gloss because I have lots of male friends who hate lip gloss, they say they want to be able to kiss you without having to worry about being covered with sticky stuff! I think they like lipbalm that is too tinted though.

For dates I go for scent rather than makeup. Most of my exes have noticed the way I smelt and always said that I smelt nice so it must be something men notice. It's a simple way of showing you've made the effort, plus musky smells are supposed to be a bit of an aphrodisiac.

I tend to wear pinky coloured lipstick for dates too as men seem to like that.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I have lots of male friends who hate lip gloss, they say they want to be able to kiss you without having to worry about being covered with sticky stuff! I think they like lipbalm that is too tinted though. Good tip Lea! My boyfriend doesn't like glossy lips either... but sometimes he just has to deal with it- I love my C-Thru lipglass!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell It's funny that lots of you are recommending gloss because I have lots of male friends who hate lip gloss, they say they want to be able to kiss you without having to worry about being covered with sticky stuff! That's exactly why I really don't wear much lip stuff when I go out with my fiancee. I'll use a lip brush and put on some lipstick, but I'll blot so that when we kiss I don't get gunky lip stuff all over him. Although if I am wearing a non-bright lipgloss, he still kisses me and I just laugh and tell him to rub his lips together so the gloss is even!
But for dates, I will be pretty natural, a peachy blush with a shimmer over it, mascara to make my lashes really long (but I don't pile it on, I don't want it to look gunky close up), usually brownish lined eyes smudged with some sort of a shadow, and muted lips.

Although it varies with what I wear, I usually go for the semi-natural, sexy look. More the Victoria's Secret look, understated sexy.

If I'm going out, the look usually depends, but I always always ALWAYS play up my eyes!!
smile.gif
No matter what eyeshadows I use, I'll always have eyes rimmed in black liner and lots of mascara. Usually it's a nude or pale pink lip too.

If I was just going on a date, it'd be a lot more neutral and understated, as I don't want to look over-the-top all the time.

I usually do my eyes differently depending on my mood or the event. For clubs or bars I'll wear wild eyeshadow, but for dinner or a movie I'll just wear eyeliner and mascara. I'm all about the red lipstick. I have a Lancome red lipstick that I've had forever that I'm just madly in love with. It lasts through anything and everything so I don't have to worry about reapplying at dinner or the bar. No hassle and I look good all night!

Latest posts

Back