Pimple Problems

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's probably the same pores that's acting up each time. I notice that my acne tends to recur in the same general areas of my face.  My sister's been in love with the Mario Badescu drying lotion for an overnight spot treatment of acne.  It's got calamine which helps to sooth inflammations and salicylic acid which helps to clear it up.  She said you dab it on before bed and when you wake up they're a lot better.  I think they sell the brand at ulta and nordstrom?
ok I'm a convert.  Since making this post, I had three cystic acne flare ups (definitely hormone based) this week.  I tried the drying lotion and literally overnight they were healed by 80%

Originally Posted by bigwhitesky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To anyone with hormonal acne; If they occur b/c of your TOM (like week before or during your period) then you should try Alleve! works amazingly for many people (including me)
Thanks for the suggestion! I have hormonal acne and it drives me crazy! It's usually on my chin, and it HURTS!

I use Neosporin currently, but it's so hard not to pop the pimples.

Use the lemon juice it is good at removing the additional imperfections on the facial skin.

I found my HG for acne spot treatment. I use the Peter Thomas Roth brand. Whenever I have a pimple (which is only around my TOM), I dab a bit of PTR stuff on it and by the next day, the pimple is almost gone. That stuff is amazing! It's a bit pricey (I think it's around $40, but I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong) but the bottle lasts FOREVER and a little bit goes a long way. Hope this helps!

Something my Derm told me that was VERY helpful with hormonal acne was to start applying my topical of choice before the pimples pop up. For instance, I break out during ovulation and then 2 weeks later during my period. I know when these times are coming and I start putting the Mario Badescu drying cream on those locations a few days ahead of time. You may choose something else like a Salicylic acid, or benzoyl peroxide, but this helps keep them from forming in the first place. It's basically being proactive with the spots that come back again and again like clockwork.

The cheapest salicylic acid you can get is aspirin tablet, the store brand is best. Smash it and you can mix it with hydrogen peroxide or calamine lotion keep it like a paste and reapply several times over, it works really fast.   

I use a bha/aha spot treatment just where I get my hormonal zits.  They are hormonal, but they come from the same place as all other zits.  Three things are necessary for a zit (oil, bacteria & excess skin) and hormonal acne is just an excess of oil or bacteria, typically.  Using a aha/bha spot treatment helps thin out the sebum and clears out the dead skin before it gets to be a full size flareup, or treats it faster if it's already there.  Don't pick at it (scarring) and don't use these ingredients all over your face if you're not breaking out all over.  Good luck!

I have hormonal acne and I am 37 years old. I've had several visits to the dermatologist and my confidence level is soo so low I don't go out anymore. I have read all suggestions above and I am so happy I was able to find this thread. What I want to ask however is what foundation should I use to cover up my face that would last the whole day. I have a really bad skin, with red scars and bumps all over. I also have a really oily skin. Please help me..if I can't beat this problem, might as well cover it up to gain more confidence :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by scooper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have hormonal acne and I am 37 years old. I've had several visits to the dermatologist and my confidence level is soo so low I don't go out anymore. I have read all suggestions above and I am so happy I was able to find this thread. What I want to ask however is what foundation should I use to cover up my face that would last the whole day. I have a really bad skin, with red scars and bumps all over. I also have a really oily skin. Please help me..if I can't beat this problem, might as well cover it up to gain more confidence :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You MUST watch this video. It's the best acne coverage video I've ever seen. This vlogger is phenomenal at covering acne.

Hi, I read ur posts. I have looked at amazon, but there is som many products I didnt know which one to choose. would u be more precise and write what kind did u use? what was the name and use? thnks

Try tarte's amazonian clay foundation. Full coverage, clay to help control oil, powder finish. Make sure you pick up primer too to help control oil.

Latest posts

Back