Pimple Problems

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I basically have pretty clear skin but once a month one or two pimples rear their ugly heads. But the weird thing is, its always in the same spot. I cleanse my face everyday and I use clarifying masks once a week. What else can I do??

Is it hormonal? There probably isn't much you can do. I got the Juice beauty blemish serum in my birchbox this month, and it really calmed down the redness of what I refer to as my period pimples, but it didn't completely get rid of them, and that is the best thing I've found. 

Mine are always in the same spot too! Right on my chin and I always bump them and they hurt, and it just makes me grumpier. The other things I use are ice and neosporin, which also help with the inflamation. I find its better to just let them go down rather than trying to pop them. 

I use mole removal creams like dermatend which is very effective. I think pimples are hormonal

I just recently received a product I orders from Amazon which is a 20% salicylic acid peel and am absolutely in LOVE! Salicylic acid is a BHA (beta hydroxy acid) which is extremely effective for acne, for any age or sex. Men & women can burn use it and it's extremely safe. I've been having so many problems with my skin this winter it's ridiculous. It's gotten more oily but with flaky patches, my hormonal breakouts are getting worse, my skin has been all bumpy and sand papery feeling. And I'm somebody who has always taken very good care of their skin, exfoliate regularly, eat well, take lots of supplements, avoid all silicone based products, and read all ingredients labels. So this was making me absolutely nuts! Bloody nightmare :-( I'm 43 years old and have had issues with my skin from a very young age. But from the first time I applied this stuff, my skin has started to look amazing! I've used glycolic acids, retinol etc for many years, so this actually didn't leave me with any skin peeling. What it has done, though, is leave my pores so shrunken I can barely see them, it's completely healed some very painful acne spots that were very deep under my skin, and has seriously lightened/balanced all the areas I had on my skin which were uneven in tone or which had slight scarring and even made some slight freckles I had - which were not bothering me at all - completely vanish. My skin looks AHMAZING!! Even without makeup! I can't recommend this stuff enough. If you've got any kind of acne problems or excessively oily skin, you've got to give this stuff a try. You won't regret it for a second, I swear. And yes, I had the same problem with hormonal breakouts cropping up in the same places every month. Which, of course, will eventually leave scarring in those spots on anybody. Not anymore! For less than $17, I got one ounce of this stuff, which will last me several months even with daily/every other day usage. I'm ordering the 25% TCA peel, 30% salicylic acid and BHA+ peel tonight, which are more intensive peels. But this one I have now is spectacular for anybody with acne, acne scarring, hormonal acne, etc. There's a slight tingle when I apply it, but it disappears within seconds.

I am using a natural acne treatment for treating my acne. It effectively worked on me, it does not only treat and clear acne but also it leaves my skin soft and smooth as new.

All of the acids I mentioned are natural. They're also very potent. Much more potent than any premade cleansers, moisturizers etc which have very diluted amounts of acids, if any whatsoever. You get your money's worth with the products from Amazon which I mentioned, and then some. They're also extremely effective. It really irritates me when people abuse forums to blatantly advertise their business by using their logo for their avatar and by posting whacks of links to their website in their signature. People aren't retarded, for god's sake. If you want advertising, contact the forum owners and ask them what it costs to properly advertise. That just looks really cheap, sleazy and obviously desperate.

Its been taken care of!

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All of the acids I mentioned are natural. They're also very potent. Much more potent than any premade cleansers, moisturizers etc which have very diluted amounts of acids, if any whatsoever. You get your money's worth with the products from Amazon which I mentioned, and then some. They're also extremely effective.
It really irritates me when people abuse forums to blatantly advertise their business by using their logo for their avatar and by posting whacks of links to their website in their signature. People aren't retarded, for god's sake. If you want advertising, contact the forum owners and ask them what it costs to properly advertise. That just looks really cheap, sleazy and obviously desperate.

To anyone with hormonal acne; If they occur b/c of your TOM (like week before or during your period) then you should try Alleve! works amazingly for many people (including me)

It's probably the same pores that's acting up each time. I notice that my acne tends to recur in the same general areas of my face.  My sister's been in love with the Mario Badescu drying lotion for an overnight spot treatment of acne.  It's got calamine which helps to sooth inflammations and salicylic acid which helps to clear it up.  She said you dab it on before bed and when you wake up they're a lot better.  I think they sell the brand at ulta and nordstrom?

What are you using for this problem? Pimples usually appear when there is a blockage of the pores. Are you using anything to keep the skin clear?

It can also be something really simple that provokes acne in one particular spot. I also tended to get acne on one spot on my chin, and  one line near my temple and could never figure out why. Then I realized that I tend to cover my mouth when I smile and am always bumping that particular place on my chin, and I also tuck my hair behind my ear on that side. Bacteria transfer can be a recipe for acne. My sister used to get acne on her hair line, and realized it was from a fabric hairband she had been wearing for months and never washed... that is why I also change my pillow cases and wash my makeup brushes all the time.

I cleanse my face everyday and occasionally use deep cleaning masks.

Originally Posted by comcath /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What are you using for this problem? Pimples usually appear when there is a blockage of the pores. Are you using anything to keep the skin clear?

I only get this particular "acne" two weeks b4 my period. I never have it any other time.

Originally Posted by invisibleowl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It can also be something really simple that provokes acne in one particular spot. I also tended to get acne on one spot on my chin, and  one line near my temple and could never figure out why. Then I realized that I tend to cover my mouth when I smile and am always bumping that particular place on my chin, and I also tuck my hair behind my ear on that side. Bacteria transfer can be a recipe for acne. My sister used to get acne on her hair line, and realized it was from a fabric hairband she had been wearing for months and never washed... that is why I also change my pillow cases and wash my makeup brushes all the time.

I seldom experience acne (probably 3x in a year). Whenever I have one, I do not know how to treat it. We travel a lot so, I guess, weather can be blamed too. Lately, I had this acne that is on my left cheek. I treated it with Clearasil acne spot treatment and it did help. The only problem is it left that specific part of my face dry and flaky. I put moisturizer regularly but it is still not helping. Can somebody please help me? Thanks!

I broke out last month during my tom and I used juice beauty blemish serum. It took a few days but it seemed to help.

Make sure to always wash your face with warm water specially in the mornings and before going to sleep. Drink a liter of water per 20 kg body weight daily, Avoid deep fried, oily and spicy foods and eat raw vegetables and keep your defecation normal.

Here is my tip

Wondering how you can eliminate acne fast? Searching for treatments that promote more healthy skin free of acne? Acne sufferers are constantly around the search for techniques that revitalize your skin and heal the problem fast. Eliminating acne involves integrating healthy changes in lifestyle in addition to while using reliable topical items that ensure fast recovery from acne. A few of the methods to get rid of acne below.

Make use of the Right Items

Topical skincare items that contains benzoyl peroxide are discovered to be helpful in eliminating acne. Becoming an antiseptic, benzoyl peroxide does a great job of killing the bacteria accountable for leading to acne. Just in case that does not work, one might opt for creams which contain salicylic acidity. Essentially, salicylic acidity functions being an exfoliating agent and encourages peeling of outer skin. Exfoliation helps you to eliminate gathered the dead skin cells around the superficial skin. Therefore unclogs the blocked pores effectively. The unblocking action also removes the oil buildup in blocked pores, thus assisting to obvious acne. Other items like 'Exposed' acne treatment are supported by positive customer recommendations and also have been good at obtaining a better looking skin inside a short duration.

Face Clean

Cleansing the face area two times daily with acne face clean which contain natural elements is an additional method to eliminate acne fast. Probably the most popular face washes like Pronexin and Positive facial cleanser combat acne effectively. These items are developed to advertise losing of dead skin cells cell and destroy the bacteria. They behave as gentle skin lotions and try to nourish and restore natural glow of your skin.

Exercise

Carrying out a 20-25 minute workout daily may also lead in eliminating acne fast. Hormonal discrepancy is frequently the primary reason behind surplus manufacture of sebum (oil) that eventually triggers acne. More particularly, an excessive amount of testosterone related the body's hormones are now being created that disturb the hormonal balance. Physical exercise reduces testosterone production, that is essential to control and eliminate acne. However, make certain you do not over exert yourself or exercise for prolonged time period as this leads to worsening of acne.

Consume a Healthy Diet

Any problem and something just can't manage to drink inadequate water. Lack of fluids can aggravate acne signs and symptoms and thus to prevent such undesirable changes onto the skin, sufficient intake of water is essential. Topical items will not give good result, unless of course certain meals are thrown away in the diet. A healthy diet plan forms a fundamental element of best acne treatment. More particularly, an acne free diet needs to be adopted to beat this problem in the earliest.

Stop Constitute Abuse

Over utilization of makeup may also trigger acne outbreaks. The habit of smoking of not getting rid of the constitute and departing it overnight may also cause acne. Sometimes, the cosmetics employed for constitute contain harsh chemicals and thus their usage may also lead to the introduction of acne. So, make certain you do not get obsessive about the constitute and employ it only if necessary. Thus, reducing or staying away from constitute is really a pre-requisite for eliminating acne.

Latest posts

Back