Pink eyeshadow - what lip color?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I tried a new e/s color today, a shimmery pale pink with a smokey gray eyeliner. (I'd seen the look on other pale-skinned blue-eyed girls and I really liked it!) However I couldn't figure out what color to use on my lips today -- I originally tried a pale pink, but so much pale pink on my already pale skin just washed me out. (Which shouldn't have surprised me, pale pink clothes wash me out too.) I ended up going with an almost clear lipgloss because I couldn't think of anything else.

So when you wear pink eyeshadow, what lip colors do you use? Specifically a pale pink e/s -- darker pinks seem a little easier to find a complimentary lip color.
smile.gif

Thanks!

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hi everyone! I tried a new e/s color today, a shimmery pale pink with a smokey gray eyeliner. (I'd seen the look on other pale-skinned blue-eyed girls and I really liked it!) However I couldn't figure out what color to use on my lips today -- I originally tried a pale pink, but so much pale pink on my already pale skin just washed me out. (Which shouldn't have surprised me, pale pink clothes wash me out too.) I ended up going with an almost clear lipgloss because I couldn't think of anything else.
So when you wear pink eyeshadow, what lip colors do you use? Specifically a pale pink e/s -- darker pinks seem a little easier to find a complimentary lip color.
smile.gif

Thanks!

hey! I know that feeling. I have the same colouring too, pale, blonde, etc.. When i do a "light" eye, i have a little MORE lip colour. I try to also not use JUST pale pink on the eye either or i look weirded out. So, i got with a base of pale pink and then a wash of darker pink or purple in the crease. But if this is not you, then go with a tea colored lip.. i love that look for me.

Yea, I agree with the tea colored lip. You definately don't want anything dramatic but pale colors will wash you out like you said.

I think a darker rose pink would work. Something a few shades deeper than the rest of your look.
icon_biggrin.gif

Try for a deep pink or light berry colored lipstain, instead of a lipstick or gloss. This way, you are enhancing the natural color of your lips without overpowering them with a color that is too dark, or washing out your complection with a shade that's too pale.

Good Luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I did pink eyeshadows yesterday and it too me forever to pick out lipstick. I ended up going with a brown pink color. (Urban Decay Pleather Pencil in Naked) I wanted to continue with the pink theme, but I didn't want too much pink. It looked nice.

Thanks for the advice girls! I am trying to branch out and try new eye colors, but now it's getting harder to pick out matching lip colors, lol, I guess I'm still learning
wink.gif

I would go with a pink l/s that's darker than the e/s. You don't want to look washed out.

Thanks for the suggestions, I might have to experiment a little
wink.gif
I was afraid that mixing different kinds of pinks would look weird, or that a darker lip would overwhelm my pale eyes ... I'll just play around and see what I come up with!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha as Erica said, a berry colour would be nice x I'd go for Berry too. If you just pat the lip colour into your lips with your fingers rather than slicking it from the tube or using a brush you'll get a stained look which makes you look like you've been eating berries or lollipops.
My favourite berry lip colour is Natalie by Stila, or Plum Cassis Kiss lip tint by Estee Lauder.

Drugstore wise Bourjois Lovley Rouge in Cassis Prive is nice (is Bourjois available in DS in the States?).

Latest posts

Back