Pinkish color eye shadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A Sales Associate from Giorgio Armani's counter told me once that I should be careful about using pink/purple type of eye shadows because I have some broken veins in my eyes and if I use these colors it would accent the redness of my eyes....I'm wondering about her comments since I don't think my eyes are that red...What do you ladies think? Is there any truth to this? And/Or should I be concern with this and stay away those colors? An example of this kind of color would be MAC Madame B collection eye shadow Pink Papillion. I think it looks like a great color but I'm not sure if it would work for me because of this issue...My eye color is dark blue and I'm trying to branch out of the normal nude or grayish colors that I use for eye shadows.

I'm not sure about the shadows but i just wanted to share a little tip i heard before.. I heard that if you apply white eyeliner to the lower inner rims it brightens up the whole eye area & the broken veins in your eyes will not be as visible. I suffer from bloodshot eyes ALL THE TIME & i really notice a difference in my make up when i wear the white e/l
biggrin.gif

I agree with Trisha, it's all in the color and how you apply it... If you go for the 80's pink eye look, well sometimes it can make you look tired, but with some of the light shimmery pinks, it looks really good! I don't think you'd have a problem with it - I don't think your eyes look red at all... and especially if you break a vein in your eye - you'll SEE a big splotch of BLOOD RED in your eye. It sometimes happens after an injury, but will go away. You don't have this... so I don't think you need to worry about broken veins. If you want, buy a cheap pink e/s that resembles the one you want, so you can see how it would look before you splurge on the MAC...
icon_wink.gif

Eh, I wouldn't worry about that silly SA, Reija! I have visible veins above both my eyes (right below the browbones), and I still wear pink and purple shadows. They look good on me, and I don't find them to accentuate the veins. Using a good eyeshadow base also helps to cover them up, but that's another story...

I find some pink e/s make me look like I'm tired, or I've been crying. However, Benefit's Eyebright pencil is bright pink and that makes me look wide awake. My advice, try before you buy and don't always listen to what SAs say. If I'd listened to SAs I'd be walking around looking like I'd been tangoed!
tongue.gif

It really depends on the type of pink. I have shadows under my eyes due to heredity that can make me look tired, plus my fair skin shows all my lovely capillaries. When I wear pink, I really do a good job of concealing my eyelids with a lightweight concealer like Almay Amazing Lasting, then I use a light pink as an accent to a light tan shade. I line my eyes with a soft cocoa or cool brown to balance out the pinkness of the look and keep my eyes defined without looking wabbity.

icon_smile.gif

Back