Pissed Off!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in upstate NY and it has been nothing but humid here for much of the last three weeks. I just started a new job and have been there a little over a month. I work for an attorney and we have NO! air conditioning. However, one of the attorneys felt the need to get his own office an ac while the rest of us suffer. He even had the balls to tell us (the three girls that work there) that he thinks one 12K BTU ac would cool the whole downstairs of the house and that if we had no other solutions then he didn't want to discuss the matter anymore, even though we stood right there telling him one ac unit is NOT going to cool the downstairs. He said it would at least 'knock' it down a notch or two, meanwhile, his ac upstairs in his office is set at 66 and is very cool. His idea to get one ac was presented to us last week and still no ac for us downstairs. Today was unbearable. I could have fallen asleep at my desk bc I was so tired from the heat. You can't function well or think well in this heat.

The other two girls in the office can't seem to band together and demand a cool office. I emailed the one attorney with the ac this morning and said I felt we needed the ac we had talked about last week and that it is very exhausting working in this heat. Every other office I have been in has ac and I have talked to other offices and told them we have no ac and they are shocked. It is a business office for crying out loud! We see clients in there who sweat their asses off when they come in!

Today I sat in it for 8 hours and I am so mad I could spit nails! I am fed up with it!!! I am sick of working my ass off for them and we are treated like cattle. The other attorney is barely in the office, instead, he is at the Courthouse much of the day in the air conditioning there!!!! The attorney who has the ac in his office said he probably wouldn't make it to walmart tonite to buy some floor unit ac's he said the other attorney told him about. Well, why would he make it to walmart in any hurry when he has ac and how did the other attorney know walmart had floor ac units? Did he see them? Why the hell didn't he get some?!!! What is the matter with these people?

I am seriously thinking about quitting. It is ridiculous. They can go out abd buy islands (yes, one of them has one) and new boats (yes, one is buying a new boat) but we can't have ac in the office! I remember the attorney who interviewed me said he believed his secretaries were ppl but this is bs if you ask me. The other attorney (the one with the ac) is a serious blamer, in that he has done nothing but blame the girl who does the bulk of the real estate, when something goes wrong! He even blamed her last week about a closing when he blatantly lied to a client!

I don't know what to do. I am so angry before I even go in to work every morning. I want to sit here and cry because I am so angry with them. I am considering confronting them face to face about this because obvioiusly the email didn't work.

Sorry this is so long but I needed to vent. I am so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_evil.gif
Any suggestions? I have to do something.

Damn Lorrine!! That blows monkey balls! WTF is up with them? Why don't you just TELL them that they need to provide an ac'ed office for you or you will quit. Gather your senses, get the other girls also to gather thiers and grow some balls to tell the owners.
wink.gif
(kidding about growing some balls)

That sux and hope to help

Originally Posted by Lorrine24

I live in upstate NY and it has been nothing but humid here for much of the last three weeks. I just started a new job and have been there a little over a month. I work for an attorney and we have NO! air conditioning. However, one of the attorneys felt the need to get his own office an ac while the rest of us suffer. He even had the balls to tell us (the three girls that work there) that he thinks one 12K BTU ac would cool the whole downstairs of the house and that if we had no other solutions then he didn't want to discuss the matter anymore, even though we stood right there telling him one ac unit is NOT going to cool the downstairs. He said it would at least 'knock' it down a notch or two, meanwhile, his ac upstairs in his office is set at 66 and is very cool. His idea to get one ac was presented to us last week and still no ac for us downstairs. Today was unbearable. I could have fallen asleep at my desk bc I was so tired from the heat. You can't function well or think well in this heat.
The other two girls in the office can't seem to band together and demand a cool office. I emailed the one attorney with the ac this morning and said I felt we needed the ac we had talked about last week and that it is very exhausting working in this heat. Every other office I have been in has ac and I have talked to other offices and told them we have no ac and they are shocked. It is a business office for crying out loud! We see clients in there who sweat their asses off when they come in!

Today I sat in it for 8 hours and I am so mad I could spit nails! I am fed up with it!!! I am sick of working my ass off for them and we are treated like cattle. The other attorney is barely in the office, instead, he is at the Courthouse much of the day in the air conditioning there!!!! The attorney who has the ac in his office said he probably wouldn't make it to walmart tonite to buy some floor unit ac's he said the other attorney told him about. Well, why would he make it to walmart in any hurry when he has ac and how did the other attorney know walmart had floor ac units? Did he see them? Why the hell didn't he get some?!!! What is the matter with these people?

I am seriously thinking about quitting. It is ridiculous. They can go out abd buy islands (yes, one of them has one) and new boats (yes, one is buying a new boat) but we can't have ac in the office! I remember the attorney who interviewed me said he believed his secretaries were ppl but this is bs if you ask me. The other attorney (the one with the ac) is a serious blamer, in that he has done nothing but blame the girl who does the bulk of the real estate, when something goes wrong! He even blamed her last week about a closing when he blatantly lied to a client!

I don't know what to do. I am so angry before I even go in to work every morning. I want to sit here and cry because I am so angry with them. I am considering confronting them face to face about this because obvioiusly the email didn't work.

Sorry this is so long but I needed to vent. I am so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_evil.gif
Any suggestions? I have to do something.

That sucks! I would not put up with that. I would at least take sick/vacation days until they did something about it. If you can afford to quit and find a new job I would do that. I live in South TX and there is no way I would teach my students in unbearable situations

I am sorry you have to endure all of that BS! It doesn't make for a happy or healthy(heat stroke/hyperthermia?) work environment. You girls need to band together and demand some better working conditions. You do not deserve that kind of treatment. It is ironic you work for lawyers, when I could see this as case that quite possibly could be put before them. Start looking for another job if you can. I coudn't imagine the clients coming in and not raising hell. In Canada we have a labour board where we can complain about unsafe/unhealthy working conditions..not sure what the rules are in your state. I know you need the job but keep at them...good luck!

Those guys sound like real a$$holes!!! Damn, I say if you can afford to quit and find another job, then I wouldn't waste another day there! They sound real arrogant like nothing you say or do is gonna change the situation because it doesn't affect them. Go ahead and give them the finger and say buh-bye!

Holy crap!! that's horrible!!
icon_eek.gif
In the meantime, I would get a good desk fan, plant it right on your desk, and wear nothing but tank tops... I don't know what it takes for those morons to take a hint... but at least you'll be a little more comfortable in the meantime!
icon_neutral.gif
I would definitely say something to them face-to-face though... tell them that you believe you are being treated unfairly, and that you will seek 'whatever means necessesary' to make it a better working environment - let them figure out what you mean
wink.gif

that sucks!!! i always feel SO sorry for people who work in such heat conditions. it makes me so sad! i know what you mean about the humidity, though. i'm in westchester. where are you? we've had nothing but humidity and rain lately. i wanted to straighten my hair today, but nope.

i hope everything works out.

Since this is a business, being the witch I am, I would take a thermometer to work and record the high temps in the office and tell them they have say 3 days to get air in there. If they did'nt I'd call the Health Department, Labor Department and the Better Business Bureau. I bet something will get done then. Don't risk your health in that heat. Good Luck.

Back