Placed an order with Aubrey Nicole... Any info?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, a few months ago I ordered lots of samples from Meow, in different types of foundation and colours, but I didn't like it. I found it a bit chalky and not natural looking at all on my skin.

So, after reading rave reviews about Aubrey Nicole, I've now placed an order for tons of samples to try out from them!

My question is: What foundation did you like best, and do you use their gel primer?

Thanks!
11.gif

I have used both the soft and full coverage and love it. I mostly use the soft coverage, I feel it has enough for me. I can layer it if I need to. The full coverage only needs one layer and doesn't seem heavy at all, but I've got my soft coverage samples and full sizes, so I mostly use that. I really like the Primer. Very soft and silky and dries quickly to a powdery feel. Makes my mmu go on very smooth and stay in place. Overall, I have been extremely happy with this company and I think I sampled just about everyone except Monave.

Same here - I've purchased both formulas; the full and soft coverage, and I like them both. I usually gravitate towards the full coverage because I have so little time to get ready in the morning so I can get a fuller coverage in less time. I love the "Mermaid's Kiss" blush and I use the mineral veil for finishing powder. She sends a nice amount of samples with your order so you won't be disappointed. Her brushes (the synthetic ones - actually, they're the only ones of her that I own) are absolute heaven! I actually look forward to putting my makeup on just so that I can use the brush! And, again, the coverage is great for me - I don't even have to use the primer with my type of skin and it lasts all day.

I hope that you're as happy with your's as I am with mine!

CooCoo

This is great! I'm planning to buy from AN too! I wanted to get the full coverage because I can't be bothered with layering in the morning. They're coming out with pressed minerals so I'll try that. Thanks!

how is the primer compared to other primers.. lets say, Camellia Rose's and the "monistat"? TIA

I really like AN. Their sheer cover formula is nice, however when I started to use full coverage I felll in love. This is really good formula, which gives you decent coverage with one layer, and looks so natural and without a trace of cakeiness.

The only problem I have is the shades of AN, foundations. However I think I found solution to this problem - I'm neutral, but I do not have strong yellow undertones - and I need to buy either AN foundations in olive or mix neutral and cool foundation to get the perfect color, I also add some blue corrector and its great.

As to the primer, it's squalane base and it's a bit to oily for me. I use it when my face is overdried and smasbox is not enough for me. For AN primer it takes a long time to absorb. Sometimes I use it just under my smashbox to relax the lines.

The perfect primer for me is the one from Lumiere. I really like this one.

I haven't received my order yet, but I just wanted to cheer for the great customer service AN provide! They are efficient, polite and very quick to answer any queries or help out with any issues! I was very impressed!!!!!

Now for the review of my products: I'll do that as soon as they are here!

A 'thumbs up' for the AN squalene primer. It is fantastic for flaky winter skin. I like Camellia Roses' primer for the warmer months as the AN one makes me slightly oily.

I'm glad to hear such good things about AN - I've been debating where to order samples/primer from, and I'm leaning towards them

Well, I have read various posts on AN. She has free shipping (including Canada) so this was a perfect time to try out some things.

I am hoping to get my package soon so if one (or more) of the samples is a must have item, I can get place another order before the end of the month.

I've been using AN for several weeks now. The full coverage foundation is fabulous and 1 layer is usually enough unless I have some acne scars I want to cover. I also use the oil control powder as a primer and it does pro-long oil breakthrough until early afternoon. The oil control powder also helps in preventing my foundation changing color (oxidation) by the end of the day. I'm really loving AN and I can't wait to try the pressed MMU that should be released soon.

Originally Posted by togal /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been using AN for several weeks now. The full coverage foundation is fabulous and 1 layer is usually enough unless I have some acne scars I want to cover. I also use the oil control powder as a primer and it does pro-long oil breakthrough until early afternoon. The oil control powder also helps in preventing my foundation changing color (oxidation) by the end of the day. I'm really loving AN and I can't wait to try the pressed MMU that should be released soon. I am really glad to hear that the oil control powder is working for you. I ordered a sample and I am hoping this works for me also. I can't use anything with silicones so that leaves out quite a few options for me. For some reason I am having a hard time finding a great finishing powder and a primer. I am patiently waiting for all my AN samples.

Latest posts

Back